New Beginnings

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Landderp, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Landderp

Landderp Forerunner

Alright this is my latest map New Beginnings[Night Version]. The whole idea for this map was just to test to see whether or not forging around A single focal point will make a decent map. In this case that is the tree in the center of the map. For now it is just setup for Slayer ill have a link to the appropriate Game type. As well i tried to set up spawn but i haven't had a chance to test them so they may or may not work proper if they don't i apologize.Anyway here is a couple of screen shots.(**** the thumbnail it's not working for my stupid brain)[​IMG]
    Here you can see most of the main area on the first floor, Fairly open but with some cover.
    [​IMG]
    This is the Red Team's tunnel leading to the teleporter taking you to the top floor.[One of 4 routes up]
    [​IMG]
    And here is Blue Team's tunnel leading again to another teleporter which takes you too the top. Other the the 2 teleporters mentioned above there is also 2 lifts near the original spawn location.[​IMG]
    Here is the center of the top floor and from this picture you can see one of the 2 drop down chutes, As well as the 2 briges for the top floor.

And that is pretty much that hope you enjoy, any comments or suggestions would be appreciated. Also Credit goes to my friend Ghost0500 for help me with the map.

#1 Landderp, Dec 14, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2011
  2. Psychoduck

Psychoduck Spartan II
    343 Industries Cartographer Forge Critic Senior Member

I rather like the look of this map. It's hard to tell much about the gameplay, but the night-time theme looks to be rather well done. I suppose I'll download it.

3. Landderp

Landderp Forerunner

Thanks for the comment, the night time theme used 4 effects o_O including Purple, Juicy, Next Gen, and color blind. Im still not entirely sure about the spawns working but it should play good other wise =D.

4. thefightdude

thefightdude Forerunner

From the pics it looks like a relatively small map. There also is a lot of openness on the bottom floor, excluding the tree. Probably a good infection map. Not sure how well teleporters will work out. If you have a whole team on the top floor it map become uneven with height advantages. Overall it looks fairly decent good job on the center point.

5. AMALGAMATIQN

AMALGAMATIQN Forerunner

This map really looks cool. The purple effect works in nicely, and I like the tree. It's not too often that you would ever see a tree built so well into a map. Interesting idea, and nice execution.

6. Landderp

Landderp Forerunner

Thank's me and Ghost worked quite a while on it, glad to see people like it.

7. SYLUX

SYLUX Promethean

i never use that effect. but in your map looks verry nice !!.
    as soon repair my modem i will download it.

8. Southern

Southern Forerunner

Other than the fact that the teleporters seem campable, it looks like a pretty good map. I'd DL, but I need to renew LIVE first. I like the tree in the middle though. It's a nice centerpiece.

9. Landderp

Landderp Forerunner

I really appreciate all the feedback and am currently working on a newer version of this map aka V3 lol. I'll make the update when im finished.