NEMESIS

Discussion in 'Map Discussion' started by WAR, Mar 26, 2017.

1. WAR

WAR Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

WARHOLIC submitted a new map:

NEMESIS - A symmetrical forerunner map set up for Extermination, Slayer and CTF.

Read more about this map...

2. Arpod

Arpod Heroic

This is an amazing map. I already bookmarked it. Your usage of the emissive blocks was impressive. Well done!

Nitro and WAR like this.
  3. Preacher001

Preacher001 Forerunner

I love me some of those simple classic Halo visuals. I'm not a huge symmetrical map fan but this was still a pleasant map to have a wander around. If that lower bridge was about a mile long, it could comfortably sit in any of the old Halo's.

I won't be able to give any quality feedback because I'll never get a chance to see how this plays since I can't even get a game on my own maps. If I was to give any completely subjective feedback it would be that I don't feel you need the little bugs floating around in there. I always felt that in most instances they were kind of gimmicky. Also I just hate the sound of them. I know you probably wanted something shiny in there but I don't think it's necessary.

The other thing is the color of the light beam on the upper bridge. It's creamy color blends too much with the base color for me. If it's power, it doesn't convey that very well, and if it's light, it's kinda bland. I can understand why you may want to keep it subtle but have you tried layering in a second light beam? Blue being the most obvious choice, creates a much truer white light with a subtle blue edge that makes it feel more powerful. I also thought the less common green was a subtle nod to overcharge pickup. Oh, and one side of the beam is currently bleeding light through the floor.

:yes::yes:

WAR likes this.
  4. Sikamikanico

Sikamikanico Video Team #corruptstaff
    Forge Critic

This looks sexy. Bookmarked! :)

WAR likes this.
  5. a Chunk

a Chunk Blockout Artist
    Forge Critic Wiki Contributor Senior Member

WAR likes this.
  6. CANADIAN ECHO

CANADIAN ECHO Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Nemesis plays very well for both extermination and 2v2. The base's and center have enough vertical encounters to keep players moving and fighting in interesting angles.

Some changes I suggest is the removal of the explosive barrels on the map, they aren't really need in the places that they are, considering how fast that you can push the positions on the map. Also I'd removed the turrets.. All they do is lower the positional plays in my opinion. Another change would be to lower beam rifle and LR ammo, makes the pistol pointless with these amounts.

Besides that it plays quite well, no layout issues I could see. Great work!

7. WAR

WAR Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

I remade this map in Unreal Engine 4 for Project Contingency. A fan made Halo game on PC. Here are some screenshots taken from the latest blogpost. The map is still a work in progress, art is not final, still in blockout.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#7 WAR, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    II SEGA USA II and Noooooch like this.
  8. WAR

WAR Cartographer
    The Creator Forge Critic

WARHOLIC updated NEMESIS with a new update entry:

Nemesis Update: The Definitive Version (2v2 - 4v4)

Read the rest of this update entry...

[​IMG]

Ryouji Gunblade likes this.
  9. II SEGA USA II

II SEGA USA II Spartan III

You do an excellent job of blending very clean geometry into the surrounding rock formations. A signature of your style no doubt.

WAR likes this.