Need Help with Teleporters

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by sKunk pep, Dec 13, 2011.

1. sKunk pep

sKunk pep Forerunner

I have a box teleporter and its set to let humans and vehicals pass through, and the receiving teleport is set on the same channel(alpha)

but it doesnt work sometimes, and if it does, it shoots my hog sideways :/

thanks

2. REMkings

REMkings BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

I've met the same problem myself at some points, even recently, and I was kind of frustrated at the moment but after a little google-ing around I found that the solution is actually very simple.
    You have to make sure that both sender and receiver are set to be vehicle true. If you forgot about the receiver then it won't work.

Source: http://m.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=63941836&postRepeater1-p=1#63942485

The sideways shooting could be due to the fact that you turned the direction of either the sender or the receiver in a different direction which causes the vehicle to be turned instantly. I would have to see what happens in order to help you because I'm not really sure about what seems to be the exact problem. However, you could try to face both teleporter nodes in the same direction, it might work.

Edit: Just noticed that you said that it sometimes DOES work. Have to confess that I wouldn't really know a way to fix that out of the blue..

#2 REMkings, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  3. pyro

pyro The Joker

If the receiver is slightly merged into the ground it can cause the warthog to shoot sideways. The velocity retained from going through a teleporter in a warthog should be the same direction as when you went in. Try turning the teleporter different directions and see which makes you move forward.

Also in the future please post forge related questions in the Forge Discussion Forum where they will be noticed more by forgers.

#3 pyro, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  4. sKunk pep

sKunk pep Forerunner

thanks guys and will do