Need help finding inspiration

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Keeno, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Keeno

Keeno Forerunner

Hey guys, just as the title says has anyone got way for people struggling with ideas to find some sort of inspiration. I my opinion I can forge well but lack ideas.

Going to thank in advance for any tips given and hope to upload to maps in the near future =]

2. CjayS42

CjayS42 Forerunner

Look at maps that Bungie has made (not neccesarily on forgeworld) and the featured map section here. Look for interesting architecture that could inspire you. Not just forge, maybe look at campain/firefight. Why stop there? Look at other games as well.

3. KaneQuicktail

KaneQuicktail Forerunner

Read a book, look at architecture, look up where battles took place in history. I once made a map of my school in a game. Go to a park and imagine how a combat scenario would play out there, then recreate it. Your inspiration goes as far as you look.

4. Wraith

Wraith Ancient

1.Watch the Movie "300"
    2. Use one of Forge World's many cliffs to make a similar landscape to the battle scene.
    3. After completion of the map, play with friends and knock them off.
    4. ?????
    5. PROFIT

5. pyro

pyro The Joker

[​IMG]
    DO IT NAO!!!

6. Shanon

Shanon Loves His Sex Fruits

Take a stroll through the nearest city.
    Downtown LA has my mind going crazy whenever I'm there.

7. Chan

Chan Forerunner

There was this really awesome map that someone made in Farcry 2 of times square.

You could make a map with a bunch of sky scrapers and stuff.

8. Ze uberminge

Ze uberminge Forerunner

Well you could also look at movies for inspiration. I have created a Harry Potter map thats very cool, and also a Quiditch game. Im also trying to creat a Jurassic Park map. in that subject of Jurassic Park i need ideas on places i should add

9. Prospect

Prospect Forerunner

Just mess around with pre built things and eventually you should come up with something of your own.

Just a side-tip though, don't think about aesthetics while your making your map, that should be the last thing you take care of.