Natural Arena (Tentative Title)

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by II The Sheev II, Oct 1, 2010.

1. II The Sheev II

II The Sheev II Forerunner

Natural Arena

[​IMG]

This battleground once housed battles from two UNSC factions day and night. What led these two groups of soldiers to fight each other is still a mystery.
    While their fighting may be over now, this crude arena now houses skirmishes of Spartan teams who now use the left behind weapons and bases.

Natural Arena is my latest project. It is an asymmetric map. I find it to be a very unique forged map, because the only objects I'm using are rocks. Yes, just rocks. Due to the limitations of the amount of rocks I'm allowed to use, I couldn't design the map the way I originally wanted it, so I've had to tone it down quite a bit, but it still looks and feels really smooth. I started designing the map with Slayer DMRs in mind as the main gametype to be played on it.

Here are some pictures.

Red Side:
    [​IMG]

Blue Side:
    [​IMG]
    Center:
    [​IMG]

Currently, I have only decided to put in some AR and DMR spawns, as well as a Grenade Launcher (2 extra clip) for weapons on map. But, I only plan on putting human weapons on the map. I'll post more pictures later, but I'm in a rush now, so any thoughts or comments about what you see right now is greatly appreciated.

2. shidarin

shidarin Forerunner

I'm very familiar with this area, and can tell you straight off the bat that Red side is at a huge disadvantage- blue has easy access to the high ground while red has extremely limited access. Red will also be forced into chokepoints easily.

3. II The Sheev II

I noticed that while designing the map. So, you know that rockslide thats on reds side of the highest cliff area? I smoothed that out to give them an easy way up. I'm also debating on if I should give red some mongooses to get there faster, since blue can sprint to the middle very quickly.

4. Atik

Atik Ancient

I've actually been working on a rock-centric map down on the coastline myself. I just have a covie ship crashed there to throw some oddity in.

5. II The Sheev II

I guess mines not really that unique then. Lol. How did you make a Covie ship?

6. Atik

Atik Ancient

Bunkers round and various other pieces. Covie vehicals, weapons, and crates are also spread around. It is meant to be in pre-hestoric times and the cavemen are fighting over them as "sacred" artifacts.