Narrow Extent

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by leegeorgeton, Feb 10, 2011.

1. leegeorgeton

leegeorgeton Forerunner

@ Ratheld & blackzombie111: If you check one of my earlier replies on this thread, you can read how I make the spirals. Once you know the process, they are actually quickly and easily made. The layout of the map was a bit more work.

@ Diclonius7: I had seen and downloaded your map a while back, but my hard drive fried before I tried it out. I'll re-download and get back to you. Looks like fun from the pictures.

@ Gazzaverage: Thanks for checking out the map. I did put a lot of time into it, hardly any into the spirals as I had already come up with them a long time ago. Please understand that, as the name suggests, it is a tight quarters map in many areas, particularly the hub. It takes a few games to come to grips with this and be a able to move through that area tactically. For some, it may never be their cup of tea, but I find it a fun alternative to the more wide open feel of most maps, not that I prefer closed-in maps over more open ones. It's just a good break from the norm.

@Kazerra: Thanks for the feedback. If you go to the Cubeskew map thread, you'll find a walkthrough video of the map. Follow it carefully, noting where I'm looking before I make the jumps and you should do fine. Also, on almost every jump, make a full movement forward and a full jump. No slight movements or jumps. Each jump, in and of itself, is relatively easy. It's stringing them all together in one try that's going to frustrate you.

#21 leegeorgeton, Feb 24, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  2. kingcole225

kingcole225 Ancient

Although the spiraling corridors look awesome, I'm afraid that they will severely ruin gameplay.

3. leegeorgeton

leegeorgeton Forerunner

The spirals represent only a small portion of the map and are surprisingly smooth to move through (though they do take a few runs through to get the hang of them). There are paths in many maps (even Bungie's) that require the player to do more than simply press forward to move along them. Requiring a player to find and follow a simple line or to make a single jump through a short path do not mean game play is diminished, let alone severely ruined.