Sandbox NachtderUntoten

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Masturcheeef313, Jul 27, 2009.

1. Masturcheeef313

Masturcheeef313 Ancient

Here is an almost exact replica I made of the popular Nacht der Untoten (**** Zombies) from Call of Duty: World at War. I figured it would be great to combine the awesomeness of **** Zombies with the amazing game of Halo 3. I do realise I'm not the first to do this, but I spend alot of time on detail and aesthetics with this map to be extremely accurate in replicating the original cod5 version. This map really gives you that same 'feeling' of **** Zombies.

Anyone who's played Nacht der Untoten before in WaW will already know where all the items, windows, stairways, doors and hiding spots are. Weapons, stairways and the 'Insta-Kill' will spawn after a certain amount of time, so that the 'humans' don't grab all the power weapons and equipment at the very beginning of the game.

I've also made a gametype, which has been tested countless times by me and some of my friends. Luckily, it isn't another one of those **** Zombie gametypes where it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE for anyone to become infected. Zombies don't die in 1 hit. This will actually take quite a bit of skill to survive. Very similar to cod5. On the other hand, the zombies aren't exactly invincible either.

Another thing, Aesthetics on the inside and outside of the house are also a big part. I haven't wasted billions of grav lifts, pallets, custom powerups, etc trying to disable humans from jumping out the windows and spawn-killing all the zombies. I personally thought of a much better solution: just stay inside the building where you're supposed to be. That's what's meant to happen. It just ruins all the fun (like most people know) when people act like d**ks by leaping straight out the windows and spawn killing for the rest of the game. I just boot them from the game if they do, and I'm sure you can do the same :D

One more thing which lots of people are going to ask about: The random weapon box. Sorry, but I came to the decision not to add it in. The weapons on the walls are plenty to fullfill basic survival needs, and a random weapon box/dispenser would not look aesthetically pleasing at all. Trust me, I've tested it with a random box. It makes it VERY hard for the zombies to infect everyone.

Following the download link are 8 screenshots.

Map: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

Game Variant: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

View of the starting room
    [​IMG]

Another view of the starting room
    [​IMG]

The second floor, after coming up the stairway from the starting room. Where the 'Insta-Kill' spawns after a certain amount of time.
    [​IMG]

A view of the 'big room' (Trench gun + Kar98 Scoped room)
    [​IMG]

The 'Help' room, looking from the stairway
    [​IMG]

A view from the back of the 'help' room
    [​IMG]

The cave in the 'help' room
    [​IMG]

A final view of the entire building
    [​IMG]

Let me know what you think of it, I hope you have as much fun as me and my friends do :D

2. cowboypickle23

cowboypickle23 Ancient

pretty good map dude. looks pretty acurate. maybe i suggest though trying to conjoin alittle more. and the windows look very easy to escape. so i would try to fix that. also is there a mystery box? If you need any help fixing it just friend me on xbox. also i have a way to make a window that you cant escape from. Good job. not the best but not bad

3. Kronos

Kronos Ancient

You should have just used a different window design....really it just takes a few objects.

4. Ac3Snip3r

Ac3Snip3r Ancient

Yeah, you need to work on the window design, but this is a pretty accurate version of the real map.

5. Dak393

Dak393 Ancient

Ugg ok I'm really starting to get sick of these maps especially without the random weapon box and with the ability to escape the building this is just an ok map PLEASE PLEASE PEOPLE STOP MAKING THESE MEDIOCRE MAPS. Look at Masterdebater's **** zombie map then either make your own level based on the game or recreate one of the other maps.

6. Masturcheeef313

Masturcheeef313 Ancient

Make my own level based on the game or recreate one? Isn't that EXACTLY what I'm doing? Look. I have high doubts you've even downloaded this map. Me, Masterdebater, cowboypickle23 and countless other people have worked extremely hard on the **** zombie remakes. If you're not satisfied with these 'mediocre maps', then try making one yourself. Besides, you're supposed to give constructive criticism on this site. Note the word 'constructive'. Also, if you can think of a full-proof, no-cheating, completely fair to the zombies random weapon box, I'd be happy to have a look. Until then, stop complaining.

7. Drake Volker

Drake Volker Ancient

hmmm....it's okay...but why put 'Insta-Kill'
    it's an okay remake i think you can have done better
    this is like the 3rd remake i seen so point take out of orginality

8. Dak393

Dak393 Ancient

You are correct I have not downloaded this and therefore not give you a review on it nor do I know the game play of the map. I can't download it at the moment and I wouldn't even if I could. I'm just saying that forgehub has been inundated with these maps lately I think that not being able to get out of a map like this is an important aspect. I don't quit understand why you cant put in a random weapon box I loved Master debater's map and still think it is the best **** zombie out there and that no other map has come close. He did his weapon box in a fair and balanced way. I was making the mediocre comment on a general aspect in relation to all the maps not just yours and defiantly not master debaters. Your map is actually above the rest. I was suggesting to do an original map based on the **** zombies concept or remake one of the newer maps in halo ie: verruckt, shi no numa, or the new one coming out (Der Riese).

#8 Dak393, Jul 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2009