N64 007 Goldeneye: Archives

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by CovenantElite07, Feb 7, 2008.

1. CovenantElite07

CovenantElite07 Ancient

Archives

Description:
    If you've ever played the N64 game Goldeneye then you'll remember this chaotic
    Soviet building. The construction of the map only deviates from the original in 2
    ways: the hallways and stairwells are larger than the original and the right side
    stairwell door is offset from the central corridor by 1 single box length. Other than
    those differences, the game mode gives you the same radar, speed and limited
    "climbing" ability as the N64. Weapon layout is set for Power Weapons: Magnums,
    SMGs, Spikers, Maulers, Shotguns and a Needler along with your standard Assault
    Rifle. The basic idea of this map is free-for-all, however, you can customize the
    game for almost any variation that you want. Made for use with 007 GE Gametype.
    Good luck trying to get out of the designated play area. :squirrel_wink:

Screenshots:

[​IMG]
    Right Hallway

[​IMG]
    Right Stairwell

[​IMG]
    Left Hallway

[​IMG]
    "Secret" passage

[​IMG]
    Cubicles

[​IMG]
    Left Stairwell

[​IMG]
    Basement

Download Map
    Download Gametype

2. The Hudacris

The Hudacris Ancient

Looks interesting got my download

3. Lemonyguy47

Lemonyguy47 Ancient

Lol while I was looking at it I was thinking hmm looks interesting... but ya this is a nice map... Goldeneye was sick, but I don't get how the secret passage is so secret?

- Lemon :squirrel_rubberduck:

4. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

Looks very clean and insteresting. Gonna check it out tmrw.

5. CovenantElite07

CovenantElite07 Ancient

Remember the room with the DD44 next to the cubicles? well, in that room there was a wall that you could open up to reveal a tunnel with body armor in it that led to the other hallway. wow... just saying that brings back memories...

6. Egoender

Egoender Ancient

Lol, freaking awesome.

7. SykoOne

SykoOne Ancient

I said I was gonna check it out tmrw but I just looked at it. Its really clean and I enjoyed playing slayer on it. I really like the stairways ive never seen anyone do them like that before. I might do that for one of my maps. Overall great job!

8. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

Im going to check it out, I'll return with commentary.

9. Wakko45

Wakko45 Ancient

Ah, this was my favorite level in Goldeneye. You better not dissapoint me! :squirrel_wink:

10. ShadowSnip3r RC

ShadowSnip3r RC Ancient

Agreed.

Since Halo and the James Bond games are two, very different games, I'll be curious to see what the gameplay will be like. Hope its as good as you say it is! Good work.

11. opothehippo

opothehippo Ancient

I was never in to golden eye much, but I still like the look of this map. Clean, competitive game play looks like its been achieved.

12. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

How could you not have been into goldeneye? Unless you are like 13 yrs old, that is retarded.

13. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Goldeneye, what a great game. Before the days of online gaming, we used to look forward to getting a few guys together for a split screen game. Choosing characters... Oddjob and Jaws, what a couple of cheap characters, you couldn't get headshots cause their heads were different heights than everyone else's!

Archive was one of my favorites too, along with Stack and the Temple one. Complex? What a stupid level. I hated it!

Anyways, back on topic. I'll download the map for nostalgia's sake, but I generally don't go for remakes.

14. CovenantElite07

CovenantElite07 Ancient

Oh, come on, i loved playing as Oddjob! And yes, i hated Complex. My brother was always the Siberian Special Forces guy so be could blend in with the walls... ass. Anyway, i havent play tested the map on a full-on custom game but the Forge betrayal testing makes me think that the shotgun(s) need to be removed.

15. NeverlessWonder

NeverlessWonder Ancient

I need to get my N64 out again! It's not often I see a remake that looks like it should, and those screenshots got me wanting to play that game again!

Complaint about the cubicle rooms though. Couldn't you pair a shield door with those fence walls or just remove them entirely and replace them with a solid wall? That used to be a great safe room to hide in. I would kill hundreds of bad guys in that room.

Complex and Archives were some of my favorites, Too bad Goldeneye isn't coming to arcade. I would've loved to try out multiplayer.

16. CovenantElite07

CovenantElite07 Ancient

In the N64 version, the cubicles had breakable windows that you could shoot through, bullets can pass but not players. if i made that room too enclosed then it's begging for shotgun camping.

17. Grandmas House

Grandmas House Ancient

Nice job man, I love all of your work.

18. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

This brings back great memories thank you for making this. :squirrel_hug:

19. jfpyro7

jfpyro7 Ancient

ahhh golden eye

the classics

rumored to be coming to XBLA?

thats what i heard

20. NeverlessWonder

NeverlessWonder Ancient

Ah, it did didn't it? Forgot, sorry. I never got much of a chance to play multiplayer. So when I played, the game's AI or my little sister were too stupid to know to shoot through the glass. lol So for me, it may as well of been solid.

Oh, and unfortunately this game has been cut from Live Arcade. They're not gonna do it. Some kinda money issue between Microsoft and Nintendo.