Mythic Map Pack Cost

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by God Of Forge, Sep 26, 2008.

1. God Of Forge

God Of Forge Ancient

I'm planning on making some maps in the rumored "Foundry 2", but I don't want to waste my time if the mythic map pack is going to cost money, and noone will buy it. I've heard that it's free, but I can't find anything about the price online. Does anyone know?

2. X5

X5 Ancient

.... I honestly do not know what to say....

For starters, why would you be wasting your time buying a Halo 3 Map Pack? Most everyone will, except for a few, so that makes no sense.

I can assure you, it won't be free, and wherever you got those rumors... well uh... wait, where the hell did you get the idea they were coming out anytime soon? Anyway, back on topic. Have the map PACKS been free in the past? No.

And ya, bungie hasn't even officially announced them yet, have a fun wait, I know I am ._.

3. Markkus

Markkus Ancient

The mythic map pack is NOT free. It contains about 6 maps. Microsoft will NOT allow it to be free. You will need to wait until more details come out from bungie.

4. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

As the God of Forge, I thought you would've already known instead of needing to ask.

Know one knows when they are coming out, and I would rest a good amount of money that they will not be free. Notice that none of the map packs in the past have been free, why would Bungie miss out on such a great opportunity to capitolize on everyone's re-found love and interest with Halo.

All I can say to you is be patient.

5. The Storm 59

The Storm 59 Ancient

The pack will not be free. I can almost guarantee it.

6. Nan0teck

Nan0teck Ancient

None of the map packs...except for the Heroic Map Pack. =P

But yes, this pack is the biggest one thus far and certainly won't be free with the amount of maps that will be included. I haven't even bought the Legendary Map Pack because I didn't think it was worth the money. If I have a sudden urge to forge again though, and if Sandbox lives up to its name as the next best forge map, I might just buy this one. I can guess it'll be at least 1000 MS points though...

7. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

/Facepam]

The Heroic Map pack became free, it started out at 800 Points when it was released.

8. Cookieking23

Cookieking23 Ancient

Well, I am betting it will be released with the ODST expansion type thingy, so I would say it could easily be $30.

9. Nan0teck

Nan0teck Ancient

I know it was 800 points, but it was still the only map pack that became free.

Anyway, that's not important.

I don't think it will be worth 30 bucks. Nobody is going to buy it if it's that expensive.

10. Cookieking23

Cookieking23 Ancient

I'm not talking only 6 maps, I'm talking 6 maps and the new ODST thingy. I would gladly pay $40 for it.

11. Jpec07

Jpec07 Ancient

$40 for that would be a bargain, IMHO. But yeah, Mythic pack is definitely not going to be free.

12. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

People will buy it no matter how much it is.

13. TheKeebobBobagawa

Well rumor has it that it'll be a seperate expansion disc, but idk. But it should be worth around 20$ for the 6 maps, but idk what ODST thing u guys are talking bout.

14. Dthen

Dthen Ancient

Bungie's trailer is about a new game... It says when you sign on Xbox Live, it says about a new game.