Mythic 250

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by Midnite Haze, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Midnite Haze

Midnite Haze Ancient

RACE #3 (series)

*NOTE: THIS IS A NASCAR TRACK. IF YOU DONT LIKE GOING IN CIRCLES/OVALS (IN THIS CASE, LEFT AND RIGHT TURNS) DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER.*

This track is raced after it passes the 3 word test:
    Competitive (Is it raceable?)
    Equal (If youre passing, are both cars able to race without a problem?)
    Safe (No way out of the track, no holes/bumps to mess up racing badly)

Sorry about the bad names. These were named to be system link races, not online.

The Mythic 250 was a experimental track (and I wanted to make a road course). This was kind of a half-planned half-spontaneous track. I had already wanted to make the Banked U turn corners and the S part. This was the only track (so far) that I started the track in a place other than the start/finish line (started in turn 3). I ran out of walls, so I made the track run on the actual map. The walls are alittle messy, and obviously the long stretch above the track is a result of laziness.

[​IMG]
    First road course track, basically 4 sections put together.

[​IMG]Heres the start! Single-file going up the hill to turn 1.

[​IMG]
    I can hear that song "Sombody's Watchin me" playing with this scene...

[​IMG]
    Were all side-by-side, but in different parts of the track.

[​IMG]
    Red wins by almost half the track over the other 3 that raced for 2nd after just 2 laps.

Hints/Tips:
    1. Turn 2 (downhill corner) is the make it-or break it turn of the track. If your not to good at perfect timing, you might wanna use the thumbstick trick from the last track.
    2. The last corner, the best part is the flat part of that corner, the banking is just extra.
    1. You can floor it all the way through the S part, but the last left turn is very treacherous, the wall comes out at you really quick.

This is he last race with the Red, Blue, Green and Yellow drivers.. I have many voluteers to "model" for the next 8 tracks.

RACETRACK:
    MYTHIC 250

GAMETYPE:
    RACETRACKS

#1 Midnite Haze, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  2. Koreboosest Jake

Koreboosest Jake Forerunner

Awesome track. It is very similar to a racetrack, and it looks very neat. I have to say my favorite part is the whole thing. This can really be a test with a full race with expert drivers. Good job.

3. Cheeze

Cheeze <FONT COLOR="#FE2EC8"><b>I Beat the Staff!</b></FO

Nascar only has left turns. ONLY LEFT TURNS. and more alcohol. LOTS OF IT.

Now for the map, it looks good until it leaves the ground or it hits a corner. The Mongoose pick up thing or the "Pit stop" as nascar calls it, can make a big result in cheating, even if you have the grav-lift teleporter technique.

And you need some grass to do donuts in at the end of the match.

4. Midnite Haze

Midnite Haze Ancient

NASCAR has two road course tracks they race at, Infineon and Watkins Glen (google them).

NASCAR tests for alcohol before every race. And you cant forge alcohol in halo 3. So that comment was off topic.

What is wrong with the corners that you dont like? I need feedback.

Did you even look at the map? The pit road is just another section of the front stretch, so even if you went throught there you would lose time if anything. That is also why on my tracks I have placed the mongooses in a checkered pattern, so if someone does decide to take a detour trhough pit road, they will have to have some good navigating skills to even stay the same pace as those on the track.

I do not have a teleporter/gravlift tenique, so I dont knwo why you brought that up.

At the end of the race, it says "GAME OVER", in a cool voice too. After, you only have about 8 seconds to donut, and during that time, you are probably gloating to your friends and/or racing a close finish and describing it, leaving you with about 3 seconds to do donuts. And it will probably take you 2 to get in the grass,

Did you see any picutres of the map, because there are no comment of the map. And obviosuly you have not done any research on nascar. You shouldve used the first 5 sober miinuets of your life to provide an opinion of my map and research NASCAR, not create false statements about a map you have never seen.

#4 Midnite Haze, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  5. Mister man 1217

Mister man 1217 Forerunner

Layout is fantasic, but it seems a bit from from the pics. I will have to test it to comfirm this.

6. xXEnr4gedHoboXx

xXEnr4gedHoboXx Forerunner

looks good, i will try it out later