My maps keep saving automatically

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by ManBearPig, Sep 22, 2010.

1. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Ancient

I've got a problem in reach's forge and i wonder if this is meant to be, is a setting or a glitch.
    The problem is that my changes keep getting saved, even when i don't want to.
    Example:
    I worked on a map for almost 2 hours and then saved it. I then delete a major part of the map just to try something out, knowing that i can always load up my save. Of course the new changes are bad and i just end the game WITHOUT saving.
    When i load up the saved map the next day, the same major part is missing.

I tried this again to just test it out:
    I load up an empty forgeworld, then place some random blocks and end the game(never saving).
    When i load up forgeworld again the blocks are still there.

Has anyone had the same problems or is there a solution for this?

2. Vicious3745

Vicious3745 Ancient

try changing maps, then going back and seeing if it's the old save. Otherwise, try grabbing the map from a replay or temp file.

3. Deckx

Deckx Ancient

This is an intended mechanic in reach.
    It has already saved me from loosing an entire map accidentally.

It basically buffers the last game you have played into the forge.

the way to clear the buffered forge map is to reselect your map or select a different map.

This means you can create a map, not save it, go play matchmaking, and then come back to forge and hit start and your unsaved map will still be there!

It's somewhat complex to understand but it sure is a great mechanic.

4. ManBearPig

ManBearPig Ancient

Thanks for the quick responses, i get it now and I'm glad that it wasn't permanent. This might even safe me in the future if i forget to save.

5. sham93

sham93 Ancient

That happened on the forgeworld canvas. I quit so it would be empty again but everything was still there. I had stuff lost under water and spent about 15 minutes going through the items clicking "delete all" to get it clear again.

I wish I was clever enough to just reselect the map...