My map plan

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Drummerguy360, May 21, 2009.

1. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

Here's my new map idea. I want to see if this sounds like a good idea.

NOBODY STEAL THIS IDEA!! :D

Okay, there are two teams:blue and red. They start in this small box that is in the center level of the map. The blue and red teams try to kill each other as fast as they can before "the apocolypse" when first fusion coils start falling and exploding and then kill balls appear after 30 seconds. When they respawn, the blue team spawns in the skybubble "heaven", the red team spawns in the crypt "hell". This will be a slayer battle for big teams and the score goes up to at least 50.

There are two-way teleporters from heaven to earth and from earth to hell. Vehicles will spawn in the destroyed-looking earth and the middle level is a vehicle battle with some destroyed buildings for face to face battles. The teams can push each other back in the middle level and even keep them in there spawn place.

I think this would be an awesome slayer map. feel free to Tell me what you think and what you would be looking for in this kind of map

2. Cerberus Beast

Cerberus Beast Ancient

It's a good idea, but would there really be any benefit from winning the battle before the apocalypse other than kills? I understand you would get a head start in kills, but would you get any weapons or a vehicle for it? Otherwise, this seems like it could be very fun, assuming that it is executed better than the other heaven vs. hell maps out there so far.

3. Ghost717

Ghost717 Ancient

whatever you do don't name it heaven and hell make up another name because its just an unoriginal name.

Other than that good idea i hope to see how it turns out

4. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

I had this idea before I even saw the other heaven and hell maps, and this whole time I've planned on calling it the Final Judgement (will you go to heaven or hell?).
    I don't think there is a way to do what Cerberus suggested, or maybe there is on second thought...THe best I can do is make a Sniper Rifle or some other useful weapon appear 30 seconds through (also when the killballs spawn).

Oh, if anybody wants to help me build this, message me, because this will be my first competitive map.
    My gamertag is drumerguy360 but I only go on during the weekends or the summer that's coming up.

5. Cerberus Beast

Cerberus Beast Ancient

In terms of something special, you could make something-or-other spawn 20 secs in with a teleporter, assuming everyone but people from one team are left before that point. Then they can grab said item and go through the teleporter, thus putting them in a neutral zone. The benefits are two-fold: They have access to the power weapon and they start on the offensive with it.

6. RoadkillA337K

RoadkillA337K Ancient

Nice idea. but how are going make them go to heaven or hell after the apocolipse. wouldn't they just restart in the small box??????

7. Belly391

Belly391 Ancient

to be honest it sounds like a good idea but the thing is that pushing each other back to the spawn is bad. this would only lead to spawn killing which would ruin the game. other than that its a good idea

8. Duckman620

Duckman620 Ancient

Im not seeing how people think this is such a good idea. And no offense to Drummerguy, but this has been done way to much before. Couldn't you come up with something actually original and not another Heaven and Hell type game. Also i thought it was funny that you say this: "NOBODY STEAL THIS IDEA!! :D" since you are technically stealing the idea from the person whoever started this whole Heaven and Hell map thing.

#8 Duckman620, May 22, 2009
    Last edited: May 22, 2009
  9. Cerberus Beast

Cerberus Beast Ancient

The thing is, he is adding a new mechanic to it and probably will have a better actual map and balance than most. It really is a glorified conquest, but there is potential for good, not necessarily the best.

10. XxHG Br K1ngxX

XxHG Br K1ngxX Ancient

I will totally download a map like this. This kind of map would be great for my Series of Map Reviews:p I agree, don't name is "Heaven and Hell", it's too original, not unique at all. Other then that, this idea is awesome.

11. Duckman620

Duckman620 Ancient

dont you mean "its too UNoriginal"

12. Drummerguy360

Drummerguy360 Ancient

It's not like the heaven and hell games you've played before. I came up with this idea long before I've seen the other games like this. This one is SLAYER. Basically a battle between heaven and hell. I'll make sure that spawn killing is impossible, but I'll also make sure people can't camp anywhere without eventually getting caught.

So it has heaven and hell, but it's going to be a new take on the idea. It's a different concept. Probably I will name it "final judgment" as I mentioned before.

anybody wanting to help me test or forge, send a message to me.

13. ewren3

ewren3 Ancient

one problem is is that people in heaven will shoot people in hell can't

14. Duckman620

Duckman620 Ancient

well no by that i meant that the guy said it "its too original, not unique at all." i was just correcting him since he contradicted himself.