MW2 lulz! & Discushhionzzz

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by B3NW, Nov 10, 2009.

1. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

Maybe if they did a public beta, they wouldn't have had problems like these.

2. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Running around and qickscoping is nice too ;)

Or usps, try slapping some silencers on the m9's ad you'll look like hitman.

3. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

So the patch said they balanced the 1887s. However the only thing that seemed to have happened is less people are now using them. I still get constantly headshotted by them and killed from the exact same range. Did they really do anything to them? It doesn't seem so.

4. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

Agreed. Akimbo should simply be taken off all shotguns, and then the 1887 can keep it's range.

5. KratosAurion777

KratosAurion777 Ancient

No, the 1887 should not keep its range. It doesn't fire like a shotgun at all, unless it is firing slugs, in which case it should not have the ridiculous spray area... I am annoyed with the people who just have Marathon, Light Weight, and Steady Aim and run around the map with akimbo 1887s.

6. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

It doesn't even make SENSE. Akimbo with shotguns??

Have you ever seen this before? In any move action? NO. Dual shotguns simply don't exist! It is NOT POSSIBLE.

Even Halo don't do that.

7. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

Similar to dual maulers, methinx.

Also, it's alot more fitting then dual machine pistols or similar weapons, but shotguns with akimbo seems very fitting, and do you see dual anything (other then pistols) in action movies? No you don't.

8. Hari

Hari Ancient

The recoil on dual shotguns would knock you over and if not, you would have absolutely no accuracy. It takes two hands to hold any gun but a pistol. Do you see dual assault rifles? I think not. Dual LMG's? I think not.

9. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

Terminator 2 would like to have a word with you.

But I do agree, the 1887 akimbo's defy all logic in the guns of the game:

If it's powerful, is should be either a rifle or shotgun, not dual weilded by any soldier, hell, not even a spartan could dual weild shotguns and they flip cars.

Aim down sights are compromised which we learned for every gun it is needed for accuracy

Being a shotgun, it should hit someone across the room, not the map

This gun makes the game loose it's authentic feel of realistic warfare and imo should just be discarded.

10. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Took me an hour but...

YouTube- The Rundown - Give It All

Ignore the music, watch the vid.

11. Hari

Hari Ancient

Thats why those arent real shotguns and thats a movie. Try holding a heavy metal bar horizontally with your arm extended. Its not easy. The arm is inefficient at lifting vertically. Your deltoid must exert 5x the force that the bar weighs to lift it. Also, held like that, you have no way to absorb the recoil so your arm just goes flying like crazy if it was a shotgun. its not physically possible.

12. Dreaddraco2

Dreaddraco2 Ancient

If you hadn't noticed, the shotguns you can akimbo aren't any bigger then the pistols. Also, you notice the dual shotguns and think "unreal", but when you see the Heartbeat Sensor and Thermal Scopes which aren't effected by "background noise" or "background heat" and are nowhere near big enough to be real (we aren't advanced enough to make them that small) you think "hmm, must be real."
    And yes, a spartan could dual wield shotguns, there was no need to, unless surrounded by enemy troops.

#492 Dreaddraco2, Dec 24, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2009
  13. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient

I was simply replying to his comment about two shotguns not appearing in an action movie; I never said it was realistic. I know it's not realistic; The Rundown's one of the most flawed action movies I've seen.

Sorta back ontopic: I supported getting rid of akimbo shottys early on in the thread. Hate the fact that they shoot and spin like a goddamn revolver.

14. Hari

Hari Ancient

the technology is available. You just dont know about it. Not heartbeat sensors though. Sure, it might be possible to make one, but it wouldn't be nearly as efficient. Better to use infrared than noise :p

15. Dragull

Dragull Ancient

OMFG, this is JUST LIKE MW2. A guy with 2 shotguns just walk over the place full of enemies and kill them all.

Conclusion: or every soldier em MW2 is a Terminator from the future, or everyone is The Rock.

[​IMG]
    Really? Not bigger than pistols?

#495 Dragull, Dec 24, 2009
  16. Hari

Hari Ancient

well done. well done. point proven.

17. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient

18. Telrad

Telrad Ancient

Like the guy said aboce, you can all accept that there is technology that can find heartbeats, and only heartbeats, but someone dual weilding a Sawn-Off Shotgun and an old Shotgun that reloading can be done with one hand sets the bullshit alarms off? Okay...

Dual wielding an 1887 is possible, just the strength needed is something else.

And about the patch, from what I've heard, they fixed Akimbo 1887s but forgot to fix Akimbo+FMJ 1887s.

19. Matty

Matty Ancient

It would have to single out sonic vibrations of a specific wavelength/frequency, and if the heart beats a regular wavelength/frequency (frequency is not how many times it beats) then perhaps the sensor could pick it up, but it would probably require a ridiculous amount of power and accuracy, and would be succeptable to background noise.

Infra red scopes of that size are more than plausable, and aren't even that expensive as monoculars (basicly what you have on the scope). Thing is the ones in the game are affected by smoke grenades and don't pick up much background noise, so it's a bit cheap.

Look up the Winchester 1887. Thats the rifle present in the game. My grandad owns one of those and i'v held it more than once. It weighs less than an M-16, and the weight of the stock helps in balancing out the displacement, and lessening the force required in holding up a long object horizontally. Single handed reloading seems more than plausable for a gun unique in it's design, to this day.

#499 Matty, Dec 24, 2009
  20. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

now that the patch is out, im a bit pissed i never used akimbo 1887s when they were full on beasts. like just once. I've watched many 1887 killcams(rofl), they always looked like a blast.

Still, i ****ing hate them. That cocky one handed flip... ****ers...

#500 CHUCK, Dec 24, 2009