MW2 - Intervention vs. Barrett .50 cal

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by RaBBiiTTT, Jan 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Playerhata27

Playerhata27 Ancient

I prefer the Intervention over the .50 cal for the Bolt Action as well. I'm not trying to show off, I'm not trying to act amazing, and I'm aware the .50 cal would make more sense to use, but I'm more comfortable with the Intervention.

As for the quick scoping debate, there's a huge problem with people's views of it. In Modern Warfare 2 people abuse quick scoping ideal purpose. You see people rushing in trying to get amazing quick scoping, when all they're doing is getting kills and 20% of the time achieving some points.

Now I don't title myself an amazing quick scoper, but I do say that I have the feel for it, and have really got the hang of it. Though I only do it when I need to. For instance, if I'm being rushed while sniping, well **** I'm obviously going to try to quick scope him rather then die.

By quick scoping the cross hair shortens in that 3 seconds you pull LT, thus making it more 'accurate'. I do this because it's satisfying obviously, and it's my way to live. Though make it clear I don't thrash around the map trying to score some 'montage' quick scopes, and impress people. I do it to survive when necessary.

2. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

Now this post... This post is great.
    And I'm against quick scoping because all you see are those rushers. When a Sniper is actualy doing his job and Quick Scopes an attacker, It's fine.

3. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

Quick scope when you need to by all means. I will not get pissed at you for that. But if you use a semi-auto rifle and rapid shot randomly. I will call you a BK.

4. Grave Robber

Grave Robber Ancient

Idiot Ninja's post is correct, as for my opinion I prefer the Intervention.
    The main reason for that is because a play with the new games as they come out. Since's CoD 4's main sniper(for me) was the M40A3, and as so I got accustomed to Bolt action Snipers. this trend continued into CoD:WaW as all snipers are bolt action.

Now to the statistical reasons I use the M-200 as my default sniper, there are little differences between the M82A1 and M-200 the Major ones being the Recoil, reload time, and zoom time. All traits are the same between the M-200 and M82A1 except these three things, as both weapons have equal damage and multiplier values (1 hit kills to anywhere on the body other than the limbs with stopping power, chest and above without stopping power).

Reload time.

For the M82A1 the reload is longer than the M-200, but the M82A1 has 10 rounds to begin with. The M-200 has the fastest reload of all snipers without the animation. As soon as the clips removed the sniper is reloaded.

Recoil.

Some stated earlier that the M82A1 has a lower Recoil, that is false. The M-200 has a lower recoil but takes longer to recover.

Zoom Time.

The M-200 has a faster zoom time, but this is probably a balancing thing due to the difference in fire rates between the snipers.

These things make the snipers equal in a sense but I still sway towards the intervention, due to the recoil, those fractions of seconds allow me to realign my sniper.

5. SRC48

SRC48 Ancient

Exactly, I always make fun of the kids who think they're cool when they use a semi-auto in search, they're always the ones who sneak up on some poor camper from behind and spray(usually going through two magazines) and somehow pull off the kill, ****in' luckiest bastards I've ever seen.

6. Hari

Hari Ancient

Yeah for all of those people who can't tell, the snipers are not SMGs, nor are they shotguns or assault rifles. Semi Auto snipers just encourage inaccuracy and spraying. Its really annoying to get killed by someone whos just throwing sniper bullets everywhere.

7. SRC48

SRC48 Ancient

It's unrealistic, in real life snipers with semi-auto's aren't ever close range(if they are, sidearm time buddy boy!) enough to spray like a smg newb.

8. R0FLninja

R0FLninja Ancient

Forget sniper rifles, FAMAS with thermal scope FTW,

But yeah, I dont really know why people prefer it.

9. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

I find that IW made a few mistakes when they were doing the info bars for each individual gun.
    Using the Intervention with FMJ I am able to get one shot kills 90% of the time, where as the Barret will usually take anywhere from 1-2 shots depending on where you hit the attacker.

I know this is not a very long post, but another thing to take into consideration is the fact that the Intervention is bolt action and, as said before, people feel as if they are using the M40A3 again.

10. Matty

Matty Ancient

I'd say the Intervention is more rewarding of a relaxed, strategic and careful player. The 50.cal is rewarding for the player who likes to jump around corners firing all of his shots off in unusual directions. 50. cal kicks ass, but i have never selected it as a weapon, only picked it up for a bit of fun. Intervention / M21 are the way to go, way more rewarding.

11. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

Thing I've figure out (or how it is with me) is if you are a very offense minded sniper (your on the frontline with teammates and you don't stay in certain spots. you play as if you have an AR) the barret .50cal works well. If you are a defensive sniper, the intervention works well.

12. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

Im a VERY offensive sniper who uses the intervention. It's aaaaaaalll preference on guns.

13. DimmestBread

DimmestBread Ancient

did you read the first line of my post?

14. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

Damn parentheses get me every time.

15. Speed-e-cake

Speed-e-cake Ancient

FMJ only increases damage of a shot when it is penetrating only. FMJ does not effect One Shot, One Kills what so ever. Quote from Call of Duty wiki:

Also, Barrett and Inter. have the exact same multipliers with Stopping Power, lack of Stopping Power and silencers:

YouTube- Modern Warfare 2 - Sniper Rifle Damage Comparison

So, despite fire rate, what is the difference between these guns? Recoil, recoil, and recoil. Barrett flies up to the left hand corner, I believe, and the Intervention randomly flies around, but not as severely as the Barrett.

I use the Intervention because the Bolt Action to me feels right in comparison to Semi-Auto, I sniped a lot in CoD4 and WaW, not to mention Bad Company's bolt action, etc. With that, when the Intervention resets position after a shot, I know I can take a second and accurate one, where with the Barrett I would spray unintentionally or wait too long and either lose a kill or die.

Now you know, and knowing is half the battle, kids!

16. SRC48

SRC48 Ancient

It's impossible to say which is "better" because my "better" could be the reason it's your "worse". Some mans trash is anothers treasure... My trash is the barrett, treasure is the intervention.

17. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

It's when you scope for a split second and then shoot someone, then go out of that scope.

You don't make the rules here. People are free to post whatever they want (unless it does not follow the rules or it is just plain nonsense).

Plus, I have observed a lot of arguments and debates over these two weapons, so I wanted to see Forge Hub's take on this.

18. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

I have personally found the Barrett to be much crappy. It seems to me that when I aim at someone with the Barrett, the shot veers off randomly. Yet when I completely miss them, it hits. I've come to the conclusion that the Barrett has a strong aim correction when you miss. I always see the kill cams of the people firing Barrets at me and their aim is never on me. It's this or the bullet angles to one side when you fire.

Either way, both are one shot with stopping to most areas and I find the Intervention easier to aim and the shots more accurate. Seeing as it pretty hard to fire twice in a row accurately with the Barret, I'd rather just have the Intervention, which takes a similar amount of time to clear the casing as the Barret does to resteady. If you want a sniper that you can fire quick, multiple shots I would recommend using the WA or the M21. Honestly, though they are weaker, they are the only guns I can use silence/cold blooded on for a sniper class.

19. idiotninja

idiotninja Ancient

I would just like to say the WA200 and m21 are not weaker they both also do 70 base damage. But they have less damage multipliers, which makes them one hit kills on only the chest, neck, and head if I remember correctly rather than head,neck, chest, and stomach. If that is what you meant by weaker sorry.

#59 idiotninja, Jan 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  20. SRC48

SRC48 Ancient

Yeah, that's pretty much what we meant lol... I really wish the m40a3 had made a return :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.