Mow the Lawn

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by BIGGnelson, May 12, 2008.

?

What did you think??

1. Better than Cat n Mouse

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  2. Not quite as good as Cat n Mouse

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. I like both of them do i have to choose?

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. This is great love the new idea

5 vote(s)
    13.5%
  5. Needs some work (support in post below)

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  6. VROOM!!!!!!!!! I l0\/es Splattering dem humans!!

18 vote(s)
    48.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BIGGnelson

BIGGnelson Ancient

Map Title: Mow the Lawn

Zombies Grab your Lawn mower and mow down some humans
    Gametype is a Requirement similar to cat and mouse but on foot with equipment and no honor rules
    |
    |
    \ /

Slide Show Below
    ImageShack(TM) slideshow

[​IMG]

Zombies grab your Mower and Mow down humans

[​IMG]
    Overview 1

[​IMG]
    Overview 2

[​IMG]
    Genious Wall keeps humans out but lets zombies out via lawnmower

[​IMG]
    Hide? (dont get caught)

[​IMG]
    I was serious listen to me I am a smart person
    [​IMG]
    CHEATERS?! WHAT what should we do.... Shoot him down!!!
    Description:

New Twist: Must have Game Variant MOW
    This infection game is played different than your average infection game throwing a brand new element into the game, the much unused equipment becomes your deadliest weapon against zombies. The zombies spawn in a room blocked off by teleporters that will KILL anybody who attempts to walk through. ​

So how do the zombies get out??? Simple they must grab a lawnmower (vehicle) and charge through the opening to mow down some humans. ​

P.S I didn't post pictures of walls but they are to big to get over even with grav lift​

P.S.S.The room where the dodging zombies and stuff it's supposed to be somewhat random
    _____________________________________________________________ ___________
    Points are scored by zombies for splattering any opponent which is worth one the Last man standing scores 5 but who cares for a point system you will not care if you win or lose with all the excitement of dodging vehicles flying, you will only want to play again.
    Equipment:
    So where does the equipment come in well the zombies are invincible so you need to use equipment to stop them form getting a splatter for example someone may lay down a grav lift and watch the zombie fly overhead or a flare also the custom powerups play a big part they give the player extra speed and allow them to jump higher but they get a marker above there head. The rest is for you to learn, how to use the obstacles, and equipment on the map to effectivily avoid the Lawnmowers (A.K.A. vehicles) is a skill that comes from playing more.
    _____________________________________________________________ ___________​
    Gametype:
    The gametype is important why?? Well the gametype has certain things making it fun such as zombies invulnerable and can only kill by splatters (or assasination only if sombodys cheating because zombies move 50% and humans are slightly fast with high gravity they grab the custom powerup and they now can jump at normal height and run slightly faster but dont let your guard down you now have a marker on your head and zombies can still easily get you This gametype was made to be played like cat n mouse but different and i have tweaked it to involve equipment instead of mongooses. ~Also the map is supposed to look random but spawns of equipment have certain spawn times on them so that theres not to many flares but there are more of other things. The monument was inspired by Machhu Pichhu by Furious hope you don't mind~

Special Thanks
    lilaznxken - for being there during the tough hours of forge
    and all my friends that enjoyed playtesting it (even if they didnt know thats what they were doing they had to much fun)​

Thank you very Much Download, Rate, and Comment .... and still i stress the importance of the gametype

BIGGnelson

Be on the lookout for different versions somtimes all it needs is a new map layout to renew the awesome gameplay

#1 BIGGnelson, May 12, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. texturedlemur

texturedlemur Ancient

The pics are too small you should use photobucket to host them. And they are too small i will dl to see how it plays

3. LOCK.xcf

LOCK.xcf Ancient

interesting idea, looks baron, but thats probably for the lawn mowers. Goods wall idea with the telporters, i might give it a try

4. Norlinsky

Norlinsky Guest

You probably took the thumbnail. Common mistake. Just double click the screenshot from bungie to save to desktop, then go to photobucket and upload, take the direct link and embed here

5. BIGGnelson

BIGGnelson Ancient

Thanks guys i will fix its my first post so photobucket instead of imageshack

#5 BIGGnelson, May 12, 2008
    Last edited: May 12, 2008
  6. darkmuse19

darkmuse19 Ancient

looks good and fun. question: are those two way sender nodes or regular sender nodes? because i know a way out if its two way

7. BarkusTheMan 1

BarkusTheMan 1 Ancient

LOL! this game sounds freaking hilarious but in an awesome way. i hope that this idea spreads and becomes a favorite! good luck and good job!

8. Pennywiez

Pennywiez Ancient

lol you had the same problem as me with my pics!

9. General Meaty

General Meaty Ancient

You need to make the pictures larger so they can actually be seen. :p

10. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

"Points
    Points are scored by zombies for splattering any opponent which is worth one the Last man standing scores 5 but who cares for a point system you will not care if you win or lose with all the excitement of dodging vehicles flying, you will only want to play again. AGAIN the game variant is a must. do the points even matter?"

In the last sentence you say it is a must, but the points dont matter....
    arent you kind of contradicting yourself?

11. BIGGnelson

BIGGnelson Ancient

Well i mean the game setup has certain things like 0% damg for zombies and thye are invulnerable

12. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

hey is that the monument from the Macchu Piccchu[sp?] thing?
    haha
    looks similar

and this sounds really fun
    i had an idea like this but couldnt quite figure it out
    haha

13. InferiorPigeon

InferiorPigeon Ancient

well even if they are two ways, all he would have to do is make them all a seperate channel and it wouldnt matter
    ya see?

14. Klammy

Klammy Ancient

You stole Furious D's Machu Picchu temple. Why? It makes the map seem very random.

15. Shatakai

Shatakai Ancient

Haha, this is very similar to my recently posted map. except on mine its only choppers

anyways, its a nice idea, but the big area seems all too random. also, the teleporter wall won't really work. People can just jump over it and grav lifts will lift people out. I suggest making a larger wall there with boxes and have a man cannon to launch the zombies out. its a little more reliable. nice job for a first post though.

16. ZCT

ZCT Ancient

Looks like a pretty good map.... Although you sound like one of those cheesy salesperson off of TV lmao!

17. LieutenantAshler

Did you use Macchu Picchu for the central structure? Anyhoo sounds fun, I have it Q'ed to DL. Your post could use a substantial grammar cleanup tho...

18. zaloog

zaloog Ancient

that "genius wall" has been used many times. plus i have seen many maps like this one

19. ValorousBob

ValorousBob Ancient

Can zombies kill humans with the weapons on the vehicles? That would make it kinda dumb. If you made it so that they could splatter humans but couldn't kill them with vehicle weapons then i'd say this looks really fun, but if not then it only looks mediocre.

20. BIGGnelson

BIGGnelson Ancient

No they can only kill with splatters they do 0% damage so they dont hurt humans if someone finds a way to cheat simply assasinate if they get on stuff like my friend shoot em down with gauss warthog and they will fall after that they dont last long

#20 BIGGnelson, May 13, 2008
    Last edited: May 13, 2008