Mountain Haven Beta

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by sYko de4d, Sep 26, 2010.

1. sYko de4d

sYko de4d Forerunner

#1 sYko de4d, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. the persister2

the persister2 Ancient

Looking great once again, I really like this map, thank god you didn't fly around like a mad-man in this vid, but you still have to fix up your description.

The map is almost perfect, personally I'd add some aesthetics to the big surrounding wall, but otherwise it's awesome. Nice job man.

3. sYko de4d

sYko de4d Forerunner

thx, yes sth on the wall would be nice ^^
    It´s a beta map, the map is already not one day old.

4. weters

weters Forerunner

i love how you used the one part of the island great job man! but whats in the forerunner tunnel weapons or just a wall?

5. sYko de4d

sYko de4d Forerunner

the blue tunnel? there is a rocket and a stone wall. in the other tunnel is the shotgun

edit: my next map will be on the other side of the isle and called Mountain Grave ;)

#5 sYko de4d, Sep 26, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  6. sYko de4d

sYko de4d Forerunner

Update: Now with pics and Weapons :)
    I hope i can give u the 1.0 version on monday

7. Ken Adams NSA

Ken Adams NSA Forerunner

Very cool looking map! Gonna download for sure!

8. sYko de4d

sYko de4d Forerunner

Here are some new pics. U see some new stuff u will get in the final version auf Mountain Haven!
    Map looks more like a Haven for Ship with a crane and a jetty(right word? xD ) for ships
    [​IMG]
    Some new Bridges
    [​IMG]
    A new lifter which lift u up to the bridges
    [​IMG]
    Its very risky to camp on the sniper point now ;)
    [​IMG]
    Also very risky to get the rocket launcher
    [​IMG]
    Other updates:
    -New Weapons
    -Better Spawns

Now i must work on other Gametypes like ctf, assault etc.

Ihope i can bring the update soon :)

9. Reklats

Reklats Ancient

No one had done this before so the idea is truly awesome and some of the objects are very nice, that new crane for example makes it look like a futureistic loading dock in a forrest area. And while the boat is just decoration I think the hull could be modifed better especially with the two walls meet at the front. I also have issues with some of the walkways and paths the ideas are there but they need touch ups in the placement department.

10. sYko de4d

sYko de4d Forerunner

I test anything but i find no way to make the hull nicer ;/
    I think its only look bad if u fly around, if u walk the hull are so high you only think, wow the hull are realy high :D
    and the walkways, yes but thats the problem with this place ^^
    mhh i must find a way for the hull

edit:
    here some changes, do not know whether it is better or worse than before
    look, it was very complex to build, have no bridges anymore and only 1,2k credits left ^^
    on the hull i will place many weak deadzones, so nobody cant walk on the hull
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#10 sYko de4d, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  11. Scathraax

Scathraax Forerunner

I just played a match on this awesome map a few hours back.
    Me and my friends really enjoyed it.

The layout is well thought out, and unlike anything I've seen yet in Reach.

Now, with your latest update, the long curvy walkway just looks silly.. Not sure it'd play well, as you'd get stuck wandering up there for too long, and be wide open for sniper/DMR/etc fire.
    I think the man cannons work much better there, gameplay wise.
    That crane looks nifty though. :p

12. thescala

thescala Ancient

This map does look noice, but my question is how to upload a thumbnail image of the picture. I tried uploading from photobucket twice with two seperate image sizes, even with the thumbnail option. Does the image need ot be a certain size?

13. sYko de4d

sYko de4d Forerunner

First: Thanks for playing my map, if u want u can play my other map "the Area" :)
    Second: U are right, i have testet it in a match and it suxx ^^ i deletet it now i have 1500credits, i must find a way to make the look better :/
    edit: Sry i am from germany but what is "nifty"? ^^ edit2: ahh i found it, nice big thanks :D
    The Beta Version get his 100 Download for this!
    And Updates:
    Here is some new decoration!
    The craftsman(Hammer and Nail) - The Symbol of the Haven, give the haven more charackter, it change nothing on gameplay, u have the same way up to the banshe and i have new 30 weak deadzones u cant walk on the hull or on the craftman

[​IMG]

And i have made a special gametype for the map, its very funny but i need to test it to find the right balance. If somebody want to test it send me a message :)

and @thescala
    I use imageshack, i download the high res version on "recent screenshots" and upload it on imageshack und make (img]link[/img) (with [ ] ) I make no changes ;/

new edit: Map works now with Slayer, Team Slayer, ctf, assault, stockpile, oddball, juggernaut, headhunter, infection, territories and a special King of the Hill Gametype and have much better spawns ;)

#13 sYko de4d, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2010