Mortal Kombat

Discussion in 'Reach Casual Maps' started by timmypanic, Apr 23, 2011.

1. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

[​IMG]
    Hello all! Welcome to my latest map
    This is very simple, designed for a 1 v 1 battle to the death.
    I have desgned a Mortal Kombat themed map.
    There are 3 stages to the map.
    The dragon arena, The portal & that takes you to the pit bridge.
    The pictures will show what I mean and if you are familiar with the whole MK trilogy you should (I hope) recognize some aspects I'm sure.

It will accomadate up to 11 players in a ffa battle.

It is set up with a custom gametype for slayer.
    This is set up to be a fairly long battle using melee, sword or hammer. You also have 4 plasma projectiles. Scoring is set up 1pt for kill -1pt for death. 2pts for sticky kill. 5pts for assassination. 200% damage resistance no shield, 120% run speed 150% jump. 25% max attack damage.

Territories and stockpile are very simmilar.
    Who ever can last on the pit bridge the longest wins!
    I haven't enough room at the moment on my fileshare to put individual custom gametypes for the terr & stockpile gametype. But they should be set with same movement and damage as the slayer custom gametype I have described above
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are some action shots
    FINISH HIM!!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FATALITY!!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mortal Kombat Arcade Mode (gt)
    Comments and feedback are greatly appreciated!
    Thanks for looking :)

#1 timmypanic, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  2. AnthraXe187

AnthraXe187 Guest

Since I only rented the new MK9, I have been urging to see the release of this and will happily play this many times. A nice change for an FPS game, :) It also seems that you've added some aesthetics to it aswell, looks good.

FINISH HIM!

3. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thank you ! I am dying to get the new MK too! Went and got the new golf game as didn't know it was out....But for now this will keep me occupied. Yeah I have added some nicer looking pillars and railing around so it there are less falls into the water. And I added sho kahn's throne with a hammer overlooking the dragon arena... Assassinations are the fatalities and they are hard to get FINISH HIM!!! Lol

4. AboveHaloMaster

AboveHaloMaster Forerunner

This map is fantastic, it has wonderful aesthetics the mortal kombat symbol with the dragon is awesome. I think that this map is a awesome and fun new way to play a 1v1 slayer match. Great job.

5. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thank you! Appreciate the feedback, and am glad you like it. It is an intetesting battle 2 player and have had a lot of fun in testing, 4 player was also fun both ways play totally different and assasinations are used more. The map could also be used as a battle ground with other weapons. At your choice. Thanks

6. Matty the IV

Matty the IV Forerunner

Fatality! Teehee

Another original creation timmy and one that has captured the spirit of one of my all time favs!

7. anime halo

anime halo Forerunner

You finally posted the map...Ill start with what I always say, Very impressive aesthetics and the first time I saw the dragon winking at me I thought wow. The map is very nice all around with aesthetics but as we both know has a slight problem with frame lag. Besides that the map played amazingly with 4 players but with slayer the pit was rarely used if it was. The other gametypes were also good and implemented the use of the pit. Well now halo as all game genres in its hands...brilliant job timmy...and be sure to FINISH HIM

8. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thanks matty! I am glad you like the map and it has captured the Mortal Kombat theme! Been playing on this lots and has been great fun! Thanks for checking out my map :)

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Thanks anime! Appreciate your help and advise in testing. Yeah 4 player was a lot of fun.... I have had 11 players on this map and it was unbelivably great fun... I did have to raise score cap to 50 as there was a lot of fatalities going on ! Thanks

#8 timmypanic, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  9. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thanks HALO vToxiK, appreciate your feedback... It is good to know that you can appreciate this map not being a mortal kombat fan. It is a useful map as somtimes it is difficult to get large parties for custom games...with this you only need 1 and the more that play the more fun it can get. Thanks again!

10. Dralthi

Dralthi Ancient

Wow, very cool map. That thumbnail really grabs your attention. Your ability to make such beautiful things in forge world is astounding. I'll check it out and see if it is as fun to play as it looks.

11. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thanks...really appreciated feedback. I watched mortal kombat...well the end anyways and I thought it would b cool to make the dragon emblem... It turned out quite well, the dragons body is slighly smaller but ran out of rocks. In testing it has been fun and a change from using guns in battle, kind of like grifball without the ball. Thanks for your feedback :)

12. lllROCKlll

lllROCKlll Forerunner

Hi Tim, I got a chance to help test this map in its early stages and man it was a blast to play on. I know nothing about Mortal Kombat but I know when a map is fun to play and this one is. Your rock work has got to be some of the best in FH and that dragon was a real nice touch to this map. You not only build great maps but you make the extra effort to make them unique in your own timmypanic way. -ROCK

13. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thanks ROCK! Appreciate all your help. Tests where a blast, Have added an improved gametype to my fileshare today, done a load more testing and its been a blast.
    The new custom gt has an improved scoring system and 1 life per round or 2 on the other version. Improved abilities has greatly improved gameplay. Thanks buddy :)

14. Pvt Fr3nchy

Pvt Fr3nchy Forerunner

timmy,I played this with your party yesterday, i think we had between 14-16people playing. it was insane. i had a blast, good to see such a talented forger continue making such amazing maps, surprising me each time! The aesthetics themselves are astounding, the gameplay feels like we're jumping around like ninjas in an epic fight.with the extra points you earn from stickies, assassinations and sprees this in my opinion would benefit from the features of Powerslayer and would add a fun twist to it.(imagine players hopping around your map with flames trailing) I looked at the gametype options for that gametype and you can do so much with it!

Also, the loadouts have alot of variety, especially for a melee intensive map, each loadout feels different, great job, Timmy!

#14 Pvt Fr3nchy, May 1, 2011
    Last edited: May 1, 2011
  15. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thanks! yeah I really enjoyed that match It is fun and the limited lives makes the game interesting. my brother helped me tweek the gametype. noob is invisible...stryker had a gun...the hologram is funny tricking people and I am glad I took waypoint off and the 10m tracking works good. I need to add a link...I will update later when I am on the pc.
    I have played power slayer once and the flames would be really interesting. Great advice...I will get right on it ! Thanks :)

#15 timmypanic, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  16. Pvt Fr3nchy

Pvt Fr3nchy Forerunner

Looking forward to that, Timmy.I will playtest anything you forge, just hit me up.
    also, I finally made that **** zombie map on countdown, a while back. not to happy the way it turned out, but got most of the features I wanted to implement. but im completely remaking it and ive so far, its turning out to be far better than the other. you should come check it out soon.

#16 Pvt Fr3nchy, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  17. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thanks again for the idea, the flaming heads and power worked out really good for the mortal kombat map.
    I have been looking out for you on line but not seen you on reach...probably the time difference, but as soon as I see you on line next I will come check the new map out.
    New gametype now has been added to the dl link ...enjoy :)

#17 timmypanic, May 5, 2011
    Last edited: May 5, 2011
  18. Tallt66

Tallt66 The Joker

Your maps are always so pretty man! I love the circular decoration in the back and the dragon in the water is amazing! You can tell you spend a lot of time on the details of your maps which shows in the final product!

I love this idea and I am excited to try this out with some friends. Great work on yet another beautiful map design!

19. timmypanic

timmypanic Forerunner

Thank you :)
    Yeah it's all about the details for me. It is an interesting creation, conveniently out the same time the game was...as a mk film was on. Very simple idea, the aesthetics are nice to look at and have mortal kombat theme. Game play is fun... Had no bad feedback in tests.

Thanks for your feedback!

20. Tycho

Tycho Forerunner

I edited your map by taking out the two white lights and replace it with one red light, looks WAY better. I really recommend you change it. It also looks more like the original that way.