Moon Waffle

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Tex, Dec 20, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Okay

15 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Average

10 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Good

24 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. Great

88 vote(s)
    64.2%
  1. LIGHTSOUT225

nor have you seen an elevator that works both ways.

2. black rose

black rose Ancient

when u play the map it seems very very small that i think is the only con, how u thought of the elevator is scary. Good job though.

3. zConviction

zConviction Ancient

This map is awsome, i luv the elevater. But going down it, theres a little bug, the dumpster dosent move some times going down. I love the water too. And the stairs in the middle, great astetics, 5/5.

4. Jothcra

Jothcra Ancient

This map is simply amazing. I downloaded it today and it's absolutely awesome. I'm going to put this is the hopper for my next Halo party and I'll try and get some feedback.

5. ShreddedDreamz

ShreddedDreamz Ancient

But i personally find it fascinating that dev made not only a working elevator, but also the doors that both operate on command and not on a timed event. And also that the doors function in a timely manner similar to that of a real elevator. Anyways, I didnt come to this thread to argue what maps or switches I think are better than others, just to say what I like about Moon Waffle.

6. _aj

_aj Ancient

Moon Waffles...... hmmmm, I wonder what they taste like. They probably don't taste as bad as this map.

First let me get things straight, the elevator was genius, a true inspiration to the minds of young forgers. The elevator is probably one of the best "switches" I have seen to date. But, it was used terribly in the map. When I played this map I found myself hardly ever going near the elevator. At one point in the game I decided to wander over there to test it out. When I got in the elevator I was immediately trapped. I was trapped like the man who got stuck in the elevator in his New York office building. I had to tell one of my teamates to open it to let me out. By the time he got to me the game was almost over.

Now my main concern is how you can have a map thats main feature, but I geuss you could say for this map it's only feature, not have a big part in make the gameplay better.

To sum it all up, great aesthetics, but poor gameplay.

2.92 out of 5 hours spent trapped inside the elevator.

7. si kill u45

si kill u45 Ancient

The mad is good and very well made i think you did a good job with your elevator but i dont think you put enough time into the rest of the map most of your focus seemed to be in the elevator. Also if there is a version two the middle bridge where sniper spawns you can jump out of the fence gaps

8. Pumpdamoose

Pumpdamoose Ancient

Downloaded your map and went to forge mode to see how the elevator works... Your a fricken ninja at Forging!!

9. wapproce

wapproce Ancient

i broke your map hahaha no really i did if you just watch the video and i sent it to you while you were online....

10. Devinish

Devinish Ancient

congratulations?

11. CrazyPants

CrazyPants Ancient

this map is great. It's like a large maze and it's just filled to perfection. No blank spots. Perfect.

12. xOWNAGE27x

xOWNAGE27x Ancient

I love this map the elevator is just like a real one,definately a pallet parade beater.

13. Cosmic Rick

Cosmic Rick Ancient

Ooh, ooh!!! Can I have the last word?

Devinish's elevator is the greatest switch ever. Period. You can't even call it a Pallet Parade killer because the Pallet Parade had almost nothing to do with gameplay. At all. This is a high-level, elegant switch that FUNCTIONS robustly enough to be a consistent part of the gameplay. That's why it needs the map built around it: to showcase robustness.

The map itself isn't perfect, but I am on the side of people who enjoy playing games here. It's a fun little 1v1, 1v1v1, or 2v2 map. WITHASWEETELEVATOR!

That being said, it's not the second coming of Kentucky Tango (Jesus, do people actually say that? Or just Creeping?), but small maps rarely play perfectly because of Halo3's mechanics. (I know there are exceptions) And from an aesthetic standpoint, I kind of like the messy lines and whatnot. It's gives the map a specific, unique feel. As long as the floors are smooth, which they are.

Great Job on this one, Devinish. I'm glad you dethroned me... even if I still think i have the best non-useful aesthetic piece out there, lol.

14. shadowhunter44

shadowhunter44 Ancient

d l ed

great play but its a little hard on the eyes when everything starts pulsing

15. Devinish

Devinish Ancient

Haha, thanks Cosmic. Remember kids vote for me in the "Best of Forge" competition!!!

16. MarcLolWatabu

MarcLolWatabu Ancient

this is the most poorly interlocked thing i've ever seen! seriously, looks like it was made in 10 minutes! the gameplay was also terrible, i played 10 matches on it and they all were very bad.

17. Unl3ad1ng

Unl3ad1ng Ancient

Great Elevator, however the map was a bit small and crowded, it still makes for some great gamepay though. Really the only problem I had was the buttons, I played 2v2 on that map and activated the chopper, but I got in the chopper instead, and ruined the entire mechanism. however, great forge 4/5

18. FrieMore

FrieMore Ancient

Ive played it it flows smoothly with the spawns you wont ever have the same encounter over twice you know like in pit where the guy gets the rockets and your in the midle of the hall and you die yeah like that.

[​IMG]

19. R0FLninja

R0FLninja Ancient

the first pic looks really awesome, 5/5 for gameplay and design

20. WaffleSmoothies

WaffleSmoothies Ancient

Yay! Finally someone does justice to the waffle name!