Moon Waffle

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Tex, Dec 20, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Okay

15 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. Average

10 vote(s)
    7.3%
  3. Good

24 vote(s)
    17.5%
  4. Great

88 vote(s)
    64.2%
  1. x DREAM 76 x

x DREAM 76 x New World Man

Qued for DL.. I will have to check it out tomorrom. Looks really sweet. I can't wait to see for myself. Great job. I wish there were some more pics.

2. HydroZoid

HydroZoid Ancient

sorry devinish, im just not going to re-DL

i just dont feel this map deserves a feature. yes the elevator is outrageously amazing, but in a game, your dead by the time the elevator opens, and when your inside it, spike grenades rape you so easily...

plus, i think the time it takes for the elevator to work you could be on the top floor already via crouch jump in a symetric game....

in asymetric im not so sure....

when tex says that devinish has gone a created an intire map to go with it, i agree. is it unique? yes... does it necesarily involve the elevator?no...
    and being this is the main feature in the map, it much defeats the purpose...

3. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

wow from the pics, the map doesnt look like anything special, but fro the vid i can see that you really like your well made elevator.
    ill dl and get back after i can play meh xbox.

4. Hovering Waffle

Hovering Waffle Ancient

I saw this quite a while ago, and was really impressed by the switch. I forget who it was but a mod said it was a definite feature, I diagree. Also, the spawns seemed good when i was playing with my friends. I also think that the sniper is a balanced power weapon for this map. Although it's full of tight corners, you can see through a slit giving the sniper some power. Also, the water effect is sweet but you might want to geomerge the grav lift. I know it serves no purpose because you can't even shoot at it, but it'd be a nice touch.

IMO, the main problem with the map is like Tex said, it is a "map built around a switch". This substracts from gameplay, which is what maps are mad for. But this is just one man's opinion. Also, I found that some of the spots were crooked, but maybe that was done on purpose. One last thing, I don't really understand the name.

5. DEANM12

DEANM12 Ancient

Wow. Finnaly someone makes a map that has a very useful switch that is NOT an infection game. yeah. Nice concept. 5/5

6. Creeping Death

Creeping Death What's a Halo?

This isn't aimed at anyone in particular, it's more of a blanket statement.

Go into Aesthetic Maps. Click the "New Thread" tab. Click the prefixes and you will see the word "switch".

This map was released by Devinish in the competitive maps section, but it is only an Aesthetic switch map at heart. It just happens to have a map built around it that you can play on. The gameplay has it's pros and cons, but as I said, it is a switch at heart.

We feature switches and aesthetic maps, not just Competitive maps. Remember that when you complain that this map plays like crap. Personally, I think this map plays about as good as a map this size with an elevator can. And the "sloppiness" is negligable, it plays smooth enough.

7. Soren515

Soren515 Ancient

This was a definete feature since it was first posted. This is the most revolutionay map since Pallet Parade 6/5

8. Tex

Tex Ancient

While I respect everyone's constitutional right to speak their voice...Some people will just never be happy. If you all will seriously consider what I am about to say, I'd appreciate it. If a feature isn't of your liking, is it that horrible? Is your life going to freefall into an abyss of unfortunate events? No. Nothing negative will come about your life and/or your future. Your map may not be on the front page, nor is your friends, nor is someone you look up to, but there is something on the front page this day that will inspire at least 20 more people. Which, in turn could come out with the next "pallet parade killer."

You are either a pro at misinterpreting what people say, or you're just twisting my words around. I'll hope it was the former. When I said "the map is built around a switch," or however it went, my point was he did not have to create a map after creating the elevator. He didn't feel that by doing just an elevator that it would be enough. So he created a uniquely designed map around it. It's beyond any sort of forging we see around here, a rugged texture of sorts. With hills & specifically placed spots with cover. This map deserved feature. Plain and simple.

9. Maestro Monk

Maestro Monk Ancient

When i first DLed the map, i wasnt too impressed. Dont get me wrong, the elevator is sick, but the rest of map wasnt that great. It was kind of sloppy. It was also breakable (BuddhaCrane broke it). Did you fix that?

Although the map was a bit sloppy in some spots, the elevator made up for it, and because of that its still on my harddrive. Good job.

10. D4RK 3NCRYPT3R

D4RK 3NCRYPT3R Ancient

This map is an awsome map, I never knew that you could make an elevator that works both ways. That is pure genious! I love how you used the stairs.

11. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

This is a damn good map, I just never commented on it because my cousins were over when I saw it up in the recent maps a while back. This map is sick, I remember watching your elevator thinking "Damn!". I would recommend this map to anyone and I will download it as soon as I beat COD5.

12. SoLo92

SoLo92 Ancient

i dont really like the look of the map (i have DLed) and there is a spot in the elavator where u can stay and be invincable.
    but the switch is insanely amazing. i love it.
    i found a place in the elevator where u can hide forever and no one can kill you!!!!!!!!!!! all u have to do is take the elavator down and the door doesnt spawn automaticly. so u just jump up, wait a little bit and you cant be killed!

#52 SoLo92, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2008
  13. Gun Down

Gun Down Ancient

Man the map is sweet going to DL. The elevator is pure genious. How does it affect gameplay. Anyway the map design is good. 5/5.

14. chrstphrbrnnn

chrstphrbrnnn Guardian

Who cares, the map was featured more on the basis of a revolutionary switch than a map you play competitively. And that large red text is annoying, tone it down.

#54 chrstphrbrnnn, Dec 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2008
  15. black rose

black rose Ancient

does moon waffle have a youtube walkthrough of the map im out of town and would like to see the new button to see if it is a good use in a map.

16. black rose

black rose Ancient

put bomb on the bomb.

17. Dthen

Dthen Ancient

Hardly revolutionary. Done before and it's inefficient and unreliable.
    To be perfectly honested my unreleased version of a 2 way elevator is much better.

18. DunkinMyCookies

DunkinMyCookies Ancient

Lol-lol. Wait so are you now on the bottom of the elevator shaft? If so wouldn't someone who's not so dumb just come, break the pallets up top and stick your noob ass? W.e

This looks really good, I love, love, love that elevator; pure-****ing-genius. Very great 1 on 1 game play but it became a bit predictable so I got 2v2 in on this and it was insane. The elevator did some ass saving and set up some noobs for a stick in the face ^_^. Really nice job on this one, keep em up.

19. black rose

black rose Ancient

ok the switch is kool u have a pallet being pushed up against a wall with either a dumpster or crate held behind it being pushed by the man, cannon. It's kool one thing i dont get is the chopper does it get pushed away as soon as u try to grab it and it smashes the fusion coil is wat im guessing how close did i get.

20. black rose

black rose Ancient

general idea of the elevator sets me up with a most likely better solution not sure yet though and i cant forge it until monday after christmas anyway but from the looks of it is a really good idea probably alittle more difficult than is needed but should turn out fine. If fixed up a little.