Sandbox Montu

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Race Maps' started by SpEcTaCuLar Ra, Aug 17, 2009.

1. SpEcTaCuLar Ra

SpEcTaCuLar Ra Ancient

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Made By: SpEcTaCuLar Ra
    Scenery/Aesthetics by: HaZaRdz xx

Video Thanks to I3east F0rger
    YouTube - Montu- A Sandbox Racetrack

Description
    Montu is an amazing Inverted coaster themed to ancient Egypt mythology. The one-of-a-kind Batwing inversion is fun, but the size of this monster is the reason it is such a thrill! In this map, you will experience the same excitement. This track includes smooth turns and two rolling hills that provides great gameplay for battle snipes. The amazing scenery included in the track provides a great Egyptian feel to the track and is pleasing to the eyes going around the track. Also contains an uncheatable destination. Please give constructive criticism and enjoy!!!

Pictures
    Start
    [​IMG]

Hill After Start
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

First Bank turn
    [​IMG]

Wall T Turn
    [​IMG]

Wooden Bridge Spiral
    [​IMG]

Block Huge turn
    [​IMG]

Block huge turn cont. and wall turn
    [​IMG]

Rolling Hill
    [​IMG]

Wall Corner Tunnel
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last Bank turn
    [​IMG]

Uncheatable Destination
    [​IMG]

Overview
    [​IMG]

Another Overview
    [​IMG]

Well That's It. Hope You Liked the map!!!

Special Thanks to HaZaRdz xx for the wonderful scenery he put into my map and the name and oO SLiK Oo for advice during construction of the map.

Montu

Battle Snipes

Battle Lasers

Racetracks

#1 SpEcTaCuLar Ra, Aug 17, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. noklu

noklu Ancient

Spell mythology correctly.

Otherwise, your map looks to be one helluva long map, do you have a time on it? The aesthetics placed on the map, while pleasing to look at, don't really remind me of Egypt. At all. The map seems very well suited to Battle Tracks and is well designed in terms of LOS.

I recommend placing shield doors on some of the tighter corners, to provide a place for racers to bounce off of. However, place them so that they come up to just enough to bounce but also to allow a racer to be shot on it.

For future maps, a well made jump would make a big difference to a race.

3. SpEcTaCuLar Ra

SpEcTaCuLar Ra Ancient

I'm glad you like the map, but how does the scenery not look like an egyptian theme, I mean the fx itself provide that feel but that's your opinion. And if you mean how long the track is, it's 40 seconds. Also, most of the turns don't take much skill to drive, shield doors aren't really needed on the track at all. Thanks for the reply though, I'm glad you like the map.

4. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Glad I could test this yesterday. This is your first track in a while and I really like it. All the aesthetics really add a nice feel to the map, though I think in some places, they give a little too much cover... particularly where you use the Corner, Larges.

A couple friends and I timed and we got 42 seconds but w/e.

@noklu: When you race on the map, you'll find that you really don't need shield doors. I believe there is one on the map, but even that you don't really need.

Great track Spectac.

5. Mongoose

Mongoose Ancient

Needs moar sphinx aesthetics! XD I am pleased to have helped you test and made the video for you. This track is clean, smooth, and the lines of sight are epic. Battle Snipes is much better for this map, mainly because I prefer it over lasers on the fact that snipers is more skill-based. I often find that I jump on the blocks surrounding the start and climb up to the top of the structure to avoid being assassinated at the start. That is very helpful to me, especially when I'm playing with a bunch of kids that have never even heard of Battle Tracks. I could find no flaws in the map except a minor aesthetic problem with the Slit Wall hill. One or two of the pieces is the opposite direction as all of the others, although that affects nothing that really matters. This is one of the few tracks that stay on my hard drive. Great map 5/5

#5 Mongoose, Aug 18, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  6. SpEcTaCuLar Ra

SpEcTaCuLar Ra Ancient

I'm really glad you like the map, but I can't seem to find what you are talking about with the wall slit hill. I looked and all of them were on the same side. W/e, thanks for the reply and I'm glad you really liked it.

P.S. I wanted to put a sphinx but I didn't have enough objects to do so.lol

7. lewis kf22

lewis kf22 Ancient

it was 99% smooth (dont ask me why not 100%)
    very awesome track, nice hills and banks, also i like the fact you binded a little Egyptian story to it.
    you dont really need more aesthetics really its fine the way it is.

8. i can forge

i can forge Ancient

Cool map.. i see some really nice interlocking and some great design. I will download and check it out..

9. miniman

miniman Ancient

great map 5/5 + dl

10. Wizzer69Gizzer

Wizzer69Gizzer Ancient

looks great, i love how some maps pile on top of eachother like yours , this mape has some cool scenery and it just looks plain fun 5/5

#10 Wizzer69Gizzer, Sep 18, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2009