Sandbox Monster Jam 2.2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Envy661, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Envy661

Envy661 Ancient

DOWNLOAD HERE - DOWNLOAD HERE

I made this map and have been constantly modifying it since a week after Halo Wars came out. Therefore, I beleive it may very well be the first mythic monster jam map out there. Hope you guys enjoy it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

DOWNLOAD HERE - DOWNLOAD HERE

#1 Envy661, Jul 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  2. EGP

EGP Ancient

Its not against the law to continue making more versions of a map.. Looks good, not the best I have seen, but still looks like it could play pretty well. I am still waiting for someone to create the best duck hunt map or monster jam map.

3. Fruitista

Fruitista Ancient

Ok guys you really need to stay on the topic of the map. Yes this is not the first one I've seen as there was one made and posted as soon as this guy won a contest or something to get mythic early. However this is the cleanest and most well crafted monster trucks map I've seen with a lot of appreciation to aesthetics

4. Envy661

Envy661 Ancient

didn't win a contest. i picked up the collectors edition of halo wars and thats how i got mythics early.
    no secret that that happened

5. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

Shrooms: Your post was a little out of place, there is no point saying someone already did it, that has no relevance to anything. If you included something else in your post then you may no have had the same response.

Jorgecb: Same thing as Shrooms, but you said that his map sucks, which probably doesn't help.

Envy: Many, many-many people, including myself, got the mythic early and make a platform in the skybox with vehicles on it. You are not the first, there is no way to determine who is the first, and it doesn't matter anyway. So, instead of dedicating your whole description to that, try things like, what the game is, if there is a gametype, how many people the game supports, you know, a description.

Monster Jam 2.2:
    There are a few things that can be improved.

There is a center structure in the middle of the map, and it looks unsmooth, the edges look like they could interfere with the vehicles.

I see there is no gametype, and there are many advantages to having a gametype, set the players to do no damage, so they can't shoot, make the number of lives 1, and no points achieved for anything, except -1 for dieing, that way players can keep track of who is winning.

Also, vehicles sitting around get in the way. Beside each warthog place a starting point (press start, got to change gametype, delete all other starting points probably at the mid level of the map, then place your starting points) then, build a separate platform with the extra, less used vehicles on them, and place normal respawn points beside them. Lastly, have a killball completely cover the platform, and set it to spawn in 20 seconds, giving players time to get off.

If you have any questions, just ask.

6. Envy661

Envy661 Ancient

Keyword: COULD. I have tested it out with several of my friends, and it causes no problems.

I think at this point, everyone has at least some variant of the Monster Jam Gametype, which is why I din't include it. I would rather spend the fileshare space on something a little more important.

uh.... seperate playforms? wtf? have you ever played Monster trucks before? there are no seperate platforms. There is one big platform there and it has ALWAYS been set up that way, and set up that way for a reason, might I add. This way, you can splatter people.... you know.... like the game always is?

How about the FOUR killballs I have set to go off at a time that actually ALLOWS PEOPLE TO PLAY THE GAME - 90 seconds.
    I made the killballs a last resort to take out the players if the game is going on too long. On top of that, I have a trip mine spawning at 45 seconds, and 2 choppers spawning at 60 seconds. All of the bases are covered on this map. It plays extremly well, and there are virtually no problems with it.

7. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

(Everyone else refer to the last post ^. I don't feel like quoting all that)

Please take into consideration that I am just suggesting things to improve you forging, if you don't want any criticism, please ask.

1: Really? Okay then.
    2: If you don't want to spend your fileshare space, maybe link to someone else's. Not everyone has played this game.
    3: I've made games like this, and I'm not a repetitive person, I like to change things for the better. I'm talking about a temporary platform just to get into your vehicle. In my signature there is a map called skyline, it has an example of a vehicle lobby.
    4: Try to explain things like the four killballs and choppers that spawn in the description. You can't over-describe you map my friend.
    5: "there are virtually no problems with it" Don't be silly. Everything has problems. EVERYTHING.

8. Envy661

Envy661 Ancient

which is why I said virtually none, and didnt say absolutly none

I'm all for constructive critisism. Sorry to seem like I'm over-angered. I'm not. Its just that every time I post on this site someone takes a massive arrogance and says whatever I, or anyone else for that matter, does is trash.

I am a non-interlocking genius. I make the best non-interlocking maps, but I also dont waste away my life in Forge. I make things because they could be fun. If you ever get the chance to look at my fileshare, download Multi-Level 3, Stickfest, and Narrow Pass. Those are some of my best work.

Narrow Pass
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

Stickfest
    Stickfest Gametype

Multi-Level 3

The reason I don't post maps like this on this site, is because everyone makes it a point to single out the fact that its not interlocking, or only has mild interlocking.

To me, it doesnt matter if a map isnt flawless. I play something because its fun. Thats what I aim to acheive with my maps, and thats what everyone should do.

9. Seaboro Kibbles

Seaboro Kibbles Ancient

You are completely right. Sadly, for the most part here on forgehub, people look at the maps, they don't play them or sometimes even think about how they would play, they just see the appearence, and that usually narrows down to MOAR INTERLOX. This is escesially true with competitive maps, or any heavily forged map. Along with having lots of pictures, a great discription and a great overall presentation, your map has to look good, it has to look different and original, or else it won't get any attention.

10. Envy661

Envy661 Ancient

Yeah there are also a lot of people on the community trying to pass other peoples maps off as their own.

This map for example, wasn't made by the person who made the thread. It isn't even the ship it claims to be. It's odd the nerve people have on this community, that they steal other peoples work..... *sigh*