Monolith

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Shawn101589, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Shawn101589

Shawn101589 Forerunner

When the wind clears away the ash, all that remain is a looming beast. 2-8 players

Hi there, I've been experimenting with forge on and off here and there and I feel like what I've made worth getting feedback on. I set out to make a well balanced Team Slayer map and I believe I've accomplished that. First a list of all the weapons, and then a video tour.

EDIT:

Hmm for some reason the topic title didn't show the image I linked... So I guess I'll just post it here: [​IMG]

WEAPONS

4 DMRs
    4 Needler Rifles
    8 Plasma Grenades
    4 Frag Grenades
    1 Plasma Pistol
    1 Needler
    2 Gun Turrets
    1 Focus Rifle
    1 Shotgun
    1 Sword

VIDEO TOUR

Any and all feedback is appreciated :D

#1 Shawn101589, Nov 5, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  2. mati1501

mati1501 Forerunner

Looks nice, reminds me a little of my map, it should support more game modes if you ask me.

3. Shawn101589

Shawn101589 Forerunner

It will. Just wanting to get feedback on the overall cosmetics of it before I add flags and hills v_v

4. Next Wednesday

Next Wednesday Ancient

The thumbnail pic probably doesn't appear because you linked an image that was too large. Try reducing the size to like 120/240 or that ballpark. (I think).
    Also, I like your use of that area. Reminds me a bit of Atom's mancannon

5. Shawn101589

Shawn101589 Forerunner

You mean where the sender is that takes you onto the roof of the sword room? That was actually originally going to be a man canon, but all my friends kept dying from it haha

6. Dulden

Dulden Forerunner

It looks OK, but you should add some colors to your map, especially to the decorative pieces. Also I'd recommend adding some support like pillars to the floating platforms, makes it look a lot more realistic.

7. Shawn101589

Shawn101589 Forerunner

I might just take you up on the adding support pillars. As far as colors go, I don't think that matters at all. If it allowed me to change the colors of the objects and not just the lights on them, then that'd be cool. Or even if there were different options to modify the textures of objects then that'd be cool. But I feel like the options for coloring objects are pathetic, and having the ability to only use two lights is pretty pathetic lol. If any of the filters didn't suck I'd probably give that a shot, but I don't really find the colors necessary. I definitely appreciate the feedback though :D