momentum

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by allnamesrtakent, Jul 25, 2011.

1. allnamesrtakent

allnamesrtakent Ancient

this isnt a map i was trying to build, it was something i worked on occasionally to kill time. unlike most of my other unplanned projects that eventually end up in permanant limbo on my harddrive, this pretty much ended up designing and building itself. call it a happy accident, i really dont think i could have intentionally come up with some of the angles and lines of sight this map has.

as usual, for me getting a game is harder then forging the map, so while its set up logically for every gametype, at this time its only been tested with the basics of oddball and slayer. here's the pics, which range from slightly outdated to accurate:

flag room, starting spawns:
    [​IMG]

elbow, overlooks the flag on one side, and snipe spawn on the other
    [​IMG]

long hall:
    [​IMG]

central room:
    [​IMG]

same room, different angle
    [​IMG]

low courtyard, plasma pistol spawns here
    [​IMG]

grenade launcher courtyard.
    [​IMG]

items

10 seconds:
    6 dmrs
    4 nrs

30 seconds:
    6 frags
    6 stickies
    2 plasma pistols
    2 medpacks

118 seconds:
    1 snipe
    1 grenade launcher

download here

#1 allnamesrtakent, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  2. HEROEZ BLADE117

HEROEZ BLADE117 Forerunner

This map looks amazing. You should really make it work with some objective gametypes. i think this map would really go good with ctf. I cant wait to see more of your happy accidents. LOL

3. Khozi

Khozi Forerunner

You have a real talent in architectural design. The way you place things makes it look like a real map like Countdown or Zealot because of the angles and platforming. The ground is smooth. Sometimes people use two different objects on the floor and leaves bumps on the ground that make you intentionally jump or get blocked by it. Nice map, I hope to see more maps of your design.