Modern Warfare 2: Flash vs. Stun

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by R Richard P26, Mar 18, 2010.

1. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

Stuns work well in objective gametypes like CTF or Sabotage as you can slow the runners down. I prefer stuns over flashes, but flashes are more effective at getting kills I think.

2. SlasheI2

SlasheI2 Ancient

Stuns only detonate when they hit the floor while flashes have a short fuse to them and can explode mid-air. I use the flash ability because in open areas where there is a wall or a fence, I can throw a flashbang over the obstacle to see if there is an enemy behind it.
    It also has a larger radius which I use for room clearing.

If there's an enemy over a hill I can throw it in mid-air and know that it will probably explode in his face with the large area of effect, then I flank. With a stun grenade, you have to know exactly where they are and hit the ground just in front of him for it to work.
    I use it more extensively as an enemy detector though.

3. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

Stuns work better even when you don't get a direct hit, with the flash. If you don't get a direct hit with Flashbangs, your prey can easily run for safety due to the fact that he is not completely blind. Just the fact that stuns have the properties of Flashbangs and the ability to imobilize makes it that much easier to kill enemies.

Whenever i get flashed, I just try remembering what obstacles were around me so I can try to maneuver around them to get to freedom. I usually always survive and sometimes kill the person who flashed me while im still flashed. When you stunned the only thing you can hope is if your attacker gets in between your crosshairs so you can spray...

#23 Shihuru, Mar 27, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2010
  4. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

and if your not dumb, than you would take cover and fire at the stunned kid, instead of running straight in front of him.

5. banditball

banditball Forerunner

lol, but I prefer stuns. I just think they are better. I also use those to dectect enemies, and while doing so, I can slow them down, and kill them.

6. Turkey bag56

Turkey bag56 Ancient

I think flashes are better. When I'm stunned or flashed I just lie down.
    If it's a flash I never shoot because I will be seen and killed but with stun I can see and chances are I'm already aiming at the door the stun came through and when the enemy walks through... BANG!!!!
    Flashes also have a bigger range so if you throw it into a room you can run in and kill a few people before it runs out on the other people but with stun it has a smaller range so when you run in you will get killed right away by people it wasn't near.

7. MetaWaddleDee

MetaWaddleDee Ancient

Flashes are better for head on attacks, while stuns are better for flanks.

Because if they are already aimed at the doorway you're going to come through stuns are useless, and If they cant turn to hit you stuns have the upper-hand.

8. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

qft

9. aarenlainey

aarenlainey Forerunner

I'd prefer to be stunned than blinded.. You can run away when your blinded but you can't see anything.. You can see your enemy when you are stunned so you can kill anyone whose coming at you. When people realize they have stunned someone they'll usually go in for the stab but then get stabbed themselves lol...

10. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

You use a flash if you're a camping ***** where mobility doesn't matter for you.
    But if you have any skill, and you don't have to wait in some corner the whole game to get your kills, then you should use stuns.

11. Turkey bag56

Turkey bag56 Ancient

Would you like some comment with that troll?
    I don't stay in any spot for more than 15 seconds. I move like there's no tomorrow o_0
    I use flash to kill campers! Put it this way. There are two campers in a room at 2 different corners. If you use a stun it will hit one but not the other (if it's in the middle it hits none!). You use your stun hit one, run in and get raped by the other.
    You use flash and it hits them both then you run in and get the last 2 kills you needed for your nuke! Flash for the win!!!

12. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Look up the definition of troll.

My comment was that you are more vulnerable with flash grenades, and your playstyle will determine which of the two you should use.

May have included some truth / personal opinion on particular playstyles in there , somewhere, but there was comment.
    Look before posting.

13. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

That is NOT what you said.

14. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

to turkey- stun one kid, run in kill the other, than kill the stunned guy. or run in with a 50 cal, spin in circles and unload all your bullets.

15. Turkey bag56

Turkey bag56 Ancient

But you have no idea where they are. 75% death rate.
    If that's the last LMG then hell yeah I will! I do that all the time. Rocks in hardcore HQ.
    But if I'm not on that class I can haz flash!
    I like stun with sniping but flash for everything else. I could imagine stuns good for camping too. If your in a smallish room flash will **** **** up but a stun wont and if your throwing it at a doorway (what campers do!) range doesn't matter.

16. Flameblad3

Flameblad3 Ancient

I personally prefer stuns, since the animation is quicker, and if you're gonna use a stun grenade, you wanna be fast, right?

17. Scobra

Scobra Ancient

I cannot believe you guys are arguing over whether a stun grenade or flash grenade is better or not.

Seriously, are we in like, fifth grade or some ****? Just use what works best for you and calm the **** down.

18. Turkey bag56

Turkey bag56 Ancient

Yes, yes we are.
    Nah, I just really don't like camel carcass. Teach him to troll my game poll ):)
    I really don't give a **** what I use. If ity gets the job done it's good!

19. Camel Carcass

Camel Carcass Ancient

Then why make the thread?
    And wow.
    Scobra's right, stay off forgehub and get through fifth grade.

20. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

I made the trhead to see if there was a difference between the two, which we All now know there is, not just a few of us. If you had checked the first post that was explained.