Modern Warfare 2: Flash vs. Stun

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by R Richard P26, Mar 18, 2010.

1. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

I've wondered for a while now, is there any actual difference between these two things or were they just put in twice for achievements, ie: think fast stun/ think fast flash?

2. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

they're both accomplish the same thing, disorient the enemy. from what i can tell, the stun grenade makes your actual movement slow. when you're stunned your character is moving in slow motion but you can still see whats going on. flash grenades just harshly blind you but you can still move full speed.

i use flash grenades because its harder to get a kill when flashed and completely blind. for me anyway.

3. R Richard P26

R Richard P26 Ancient

Thanks man, now I know!

4. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

no problem. i suppose you could have asked this in the main MW2 thread, but whatever. Either this thread can become the official stun vs flash grenade thread or just get a lock.

5. Hari

Hari Ancient

Its strange, sometimes, a stun grenade will flash and slow me, and sometimes, a flash grenade will do both as well. Alltogether i find flashes much more useful as with stuns they can still look and shoot.

6. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

the stun throw animation is quicker.

7. pinohkio

pinohkio Ancient

I personally prefere stuns, as it is a lot harder to accidently stun yourself as there is less of a distance factor to the effects.

8. Jimbodawg

Jimbodawg Ancient

Stun grenades don't work against riot shields, so just take that into consideration as well.

9. Black Theorem

Black Theorem Ancient
    Forge Critic Senior Member

The truth:​

Flash
    Stun​

Both deafen the enemy
    Longer to throw
    Quicker to throw​
    Larger radius
    Smaller radius​
    Longer effect
    Shorter effect​
    Blinds (with slight movement restriction)
    Restricts movement (with slight blinding)​

10. SRC48

SRC48 Ancient

I find it easier to kill the intruder with flash... I spray and/or rapidly knife. And with stuns you can come and shoot them while they hopelessly watch, while trying to aim at you :p

11. iZumi

iZumi Ancient

stun makes your gun spin all around and really throws you for a loop. flash just blinds you and makes you walk all loopy

12. Xang

Xang Ancient

I enjoy stuns more. Everytime I use a flash I always tend to flash myself and end up dying somehow. Stuns range Isnt as long which I like for some reason and it makes the opponents movements slower, much better! :D

13. Bubba Doongai

Bubba Doongai Forerunner

I prefer and use the flash but it's really annoying if you flash yourself, especially if the enemy seems to recover quicker.

14. Meltyourtv

Meltyourtv Ancient

Flash - Makes you blind and deaf, but you can move freely. They take 2 seconds to throw, though.

Stun - If a stun explodes RIGHT in front of you, you go about 75% blind for about 2 seconds, but walk slowly and can't turn as fast. Stuns only take about 1 second to throw, which is why I use them.

15. Shihuru

Shihuru Ancient

Stun grenades work better than the flash grenades. If you don't get a direct hit, you wont get the full effect of the Flash grenades and plus they can run to safety.

Stun grenades work as flash grenades for seconds once they hit, then they completely imobilize enemies and deafens them, this effects works even better when hit directly, and they cannot run to safety.

The fact that a stunned enemy has a better chance killing people just because they aren't blind doesn't mean they are always going to kill you. When you're stunned, you're stunned! Its HARD trying to turn around and shoot back at the person who stunned me. You move at such small increments that you're bound to die. I've gotten more kills flashed than stuned.

Its a lot easier killing someone hit with a stun grenade than a flash grenade... IMO

#15 Shihuru, Mar 20, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  16. doomgrunt

doomgrunt Ancient

Stun grenades do damage as well. I don't think flash do. I prefer stun for the quicker throwing. When I use a flash/stun chances are that I'm in the heat of battle and need a grenade quickly. For that flash=crap.

17. Wyldman71625

Wyldman71625 Forerunner

When someone hits me with a stun grenade, I do tend to die a lot more. If I'm hit with a flash, all I have to do is go into spray and pray mode. :p I definitely use stuns, because i tend to flash myself a lot and because it's a lot easier for me to hit someone thats moving slower. I also managed to kill a guy with a stun grenade. :)

18. Phill3593

Phill3593 Ancient

Yea, what black theorom said is right only that flash don't restrict your movement, just your ability to sprint.

19. Thorax tehGREAT

Thorax tehGREAT Ancient

I personally like flash for when you throw one in the room it is almost guaranteed that the person will spas out waste an entire clip and all their grenades often stunning/flashing themselves again and possibly killing themselves. If they don't you can just run in a kill them either way pretty funny.

20. xWooden leafx

xWooden leafx Ancient

yeah. i get kills when flashed 25% of the time. when stunned, like 10%. my survival rate when flashed is like 75%, and when stunned like 50%. stuns have a slower pin time.