Modded Maps

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Carter C, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Sure they can. Having modded content is against the Terms of Use for Xbox Live.

2. Indie Anthias

Indie Anthias Unabash'd Rubbernecker

I saw the screenshots and that's enough to satisfy me. I bet a YouTube will come up showing you all you need to see without risking punishment.

3. MealonX

MealonX Ancient

if they didn't want people to have them, why didn't the just delete the maps

4. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

Because the Encryptomatic Checksum usually does the job for them anyways.

5. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

If they would ban you, they would have removed it by now, and it is fine as long as you don't re-distribute a forge map on it or make a machinima...

6. Carter C

Carter C Guest

Ah. Well this hasn't been the sort of response I was expecting - I thought Bungie would just take action against the modder and leave it at that, and perhaps people would use the modded maps as foundations for better maps.

But it appears that's too risky. So I guess the only useful thing is to use the Highground one for training or something.

7. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

I don't beleive it is risky, but good idea for the Highground one... stop argruing about wheter you'll get banned. You didn't mod it = your innocence.

8. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

But you downloaded it when it states that it's modded = guilty.

9. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

all i can say is that i hope that some time in the future, modding will be excepted and used to make truely fantastic maps.

10. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

amen.
    now if i can just figure out how to do it MWAHAHAHAHAHA

11. Fastforward

Fastforward Ancient

Without thinking, i queried them. In the rush of "OMG I C4N D0VVNL04D5 TH3M5!!!!!!!!" Is there a way to un-queried maps? Oh well. I haven't played XBL for a while. I'll probably download them and then miss the day of suspension.

12. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

That's the same as the old standby "I was just following orders." And as shown by the Nuremberg Trials, that doesn't work.

13. Blinding

Blinding Ancient

While that is true, the fact that Bungie isn't even taking down the downloads proves that you most likely will not get banned for downloading the maps. These maps were leaked anyways, since Anthony and Shade are trying to figure out how to keep modding only on System Link and Local Play, not Xbox Live, meaning these are the only two "sneak previews" that we'll see for a while.

14. Ty

Ty Guest

Like I said in the other Modded maps thread, If it's not something worth having, why bother?

15. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

Pfft dont ask these people silly questions.
    Its like asking why youd climb a mountain...because you can.
    Leave these people to their fate..if they want to breach copyright and get banned after being warned thats their isssue

16. Carter C

Carter C Guest

Could I just say there is a very small risk of getting banned.
    I just found out not even Shade has been banned. (yet)

17. VestigeL

VestigeL Ancient

Uh oh, I better delete mines before XBL is taken away from me (my second worst nightmare, don't ask me for my first).

18. AidenApocalypse

AidenApocalypse Ancient

*laughs*
    Like someone before me said, I saw "Modded Maps" and made a mad dash for the link. I wish I knew how to remove it from my Qued downloads, but oh well. I'll just see what happens, and if I get banned, I'll definitely post it here ASAP. I don't get to log on to XBL that often to begin with, so It's alright.

19. Willmatic

Willmatic Ancient

i tried to save on the high ground mod but it wont save the modded things

20. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

I assume that came across wrong, but well said. I meant that... well, I guess that was what I meant. LOL... no refrences to me as a **** please (yes, that's a joke.)

I just think that if people have d/l it and aren't banned yet, it is fine. I just don't beleive it would still be on B.NET if it was illegal to use. Once again, just don't upload a map using it, b/c then you are responsable. You could use it by yourself no problem, just can't share it. Like burned CD's... [/bad analogy because no one follows that rule]

Really? O well then... I guess it is fine as it is, but if you could, you shouldn't share it anyway...