Modded Maps

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Carter C, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Carter C

Carter C Guest

Hi.

Some modded maps by modders called Shade and Anthony have been out for a while now.

Just wondering if anyone has intentions to make a map using these? Some interesting maps could be made (ie 4 way Pirates) or something like that.

Also, what are your thoughts on playing on and creating modded maps?

Note- I don't think you can get banned for downloading these maps, before someone asks- Bungie have already found out about it, banned Shade and locked the main threads with the maps on, but they seem to have left it at that- and it's been a while now and still no other bans.

Update: One of the modders (Anthony) seems to have come to the conclusion that releasing modded maps won't do any harm to the H3 community, and is now creating and releasing (or allowing to be leaked) more modded maps.

Map Links:    NOTE: Please do not post on these threads- doing so will get them bumped to the top of the forum where people will see them and also download and comment, which will make mods aware of them and possibly lock them, preventing others from downloading.

Modded The Pit- a Pelican in the playable part of the map. More details and link needed.

Modded Standoff *new*- the Standoff map, except with an invisible missile pod and invisible turrets.

Modded Last Resort *new*- Bots and tank turrets on the beach, along with random trees and gauss turrets around the map. Also 3 turbines.

Modded Snowbound- Bots around the map, with a giant weapon holder and shade turret near the middle. [link needed]

Modded Valhalla *new*- Bots by the turret part of the map, along with random trees scattered around the map. A version 2 is available somewhere with an AA wraith.

Modded Sandtrap- Sandtrap but with 7 elephants. 2 in the normal positions, 4 in an out of map base. 1 spawns later in the game, full of ammunition.

Modded Highground- Bots scattered outside the base, with a 'landing craft' at the sea, and weapon holders firing as if they were a mortar tank.

2. JediWithASniper

JediWithASniper Ancient

queued for download, can't wait to check em' out.

3. Carter C

Carter C Guest

Ok but do you have any ides for maps to be made using these?

Maps that could utilise the fact that there are 7 elephants/ ai/ mortars.

4. Supa Midget

Supa Midget Ancient

on your link to that forum it says that the downloaders of these maps have been blacklisted...Um what i that?It cant be good :(

5. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

Wow that looks really sweet I am downloading it now.

6. gorebound

gorebound Ancient

I'd like to download them but with the possibility of being banned It's not worth the risk. Could someone who has downloaded them upload pics or a video of them? =)

Peace // gorebound

7. BuRiNg GrUnT

BuRiNg GrUnT Ancient

I'm suspended from Xbox LIVE today, and I downloaded the High Ground one yesterday. Dunno if that is why, just giving out somewhat of a warning to those already weary of downloading.

8. IxGUNxSLINGERxI

IxGUNxSLINGERxI Ancient

i have queued the map for dl on Monday but havent got around to playing on my 360 lately do you think it will still dl with maps taken off of bnet???

9. BuRiNg GrUnT

BuRiNg GrUnT Ancient

10. Project XZS

Project XZS Ancient

I had the 7 Elephants a long ass time ago

11. Keegano

Keegano Ancient

these maps are so sweet highqround is sicknit i love the elites and spartans its so cool looking! :squirrel_giggle:

12. xXmooregamesXx

xXmooregamesXx Ancient

SO... we can d/l this? The poster isn't even blacklisted yet...

13. NiNjA

NiNjA Ancient

Awesome, downloading right now.

14. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

Apparently you can, but it's another question whether or not you should. I wouldn't download them if I were you. Bungie has a pretty strict record against modded content on one's hard drive.

But I checked out both maps with a friend who had them on his hard drive. Hopefully I won't get in trouble for that. But let me tell you that these maps are not worth losing you Xbox Live for.

In the high ground one, there are a few dozen elites and spartans standing around. They breathe like a normal character would, and your crosshairs turn red if you look at them. They hold no weapons, but drop 4 grenades when they die. They do not respawn. There are also some white flags and oddballs scattered around, and two of the highground gates laying down on the beach.

The other one just has a bunch of elephants on the map, which fly to the center as soon as the game starts. It's pretty cool to watch once, but once they settle it's pretty boring.

That's all there is to these maps. I wish I hadn't looked at them, because now I'm worried about consequences. Don't risk it.

15. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I'm avoiding these kind of maps from now on. Besides, it's pretty boring. On the HG one, there's only a bunch of character models, part of the gate, and some objective items. Nothing useful.

16. Aristotle328

Aristotle328 Ancient

its not worth the risk

17. kayaman132

kayaman132 Ancient

there is no risk, what do you think that bungie scans everybodies game to check for a few blank ai's, i mean really.

18. Whisper

Whisper Ancient

No, but I think they have ways that they can tell. There definitely is risk.

19. Furious D 18

Furious D 18 Ancient

All they need to do is flag the map, and then look at who has downloaded it. Or the modded content on your Xbox might even signal the Bungie servers somehow, triggering a red flag. They had oodles of time with Halo 2 to perfect modder banning. That's right, "oodles."

20. Vinny

Vinny Ancient

Ban me if you like.

My account is ending this summer anyway.

I'm pretty sure they won't ban you though. It was up, and they just can't expect to tell the millions of users online who downloaded it to just "DELETE OR ELSE"