MLG Zenith V1.3

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by Baron, Aug 12, 2008.

1. [lll FLCL lll]

[lll FLCL lll] Ancient

i remb that thing ha!! he did beat u ; }

2. Camoflaug

Camoflaug Ancient

WoW finally an actually well made mlg map i can play Finally.... This looks sick i love the slanted bridges its a new thing to the mlg experience and im gonna test it Excellent Geomerging i hope the game play doesnt lack. im gonna test and check out. hopefully no bumps which in this case i doubt there will be any Grats on the sucessful map love it.

3. Baron

Baron Ancient

Thanks for the further feedback ppls, you're all very kind.

Please leave feedback on how the map plays!

4. Savagesound

Savagesound Ancient

Perfectly smooth and fun gameplay is what i know this map will have nice job.

5. Kon Artist

Kon Artist Ancient

Baron, this map is down right awesome. I finally got a chance to download it and do a run through. Here are my thoughts based on that run through.

+everything is well placed and smooth, even the walls that you used as flooring for the middle and bases have no bumps in the joins between the wall and boxes.

+ layout, it seem like you have taken the best parts of ONS and Amp, and reconfigured them and added some new geometry.

+ the bases are great, the jump up from bottom bases feels more natural than Amps and offers a nice nade point.

As a whole this map is well thought out, and somehow you manage to save 40 dollars! I happy if I only go over 40 dollars when I’m building. I hope to be able to run some games on this latter today, so that I can give you intelligent feedback on spawns, cover, and LOS. One question, what section I’m I suppose to put this in the MLG forge main frame, when you call it a 3 base?

6. Baron

Baron Ancient

Hey Kon, thanks for the input, I eagerly await your feedback.

For the mainframe I think it's best put in two base symmetrical although there are technically three bases and one "side".

hit me up with an inv if you see me on, but dont laugh at my bad Br!

7. Xx BEHEM0TH xX

Xx BEHEM0TH xX Ancient

This honestly looks like a legitimate MLG map. Your precision with detail is superb. The map is pleasing to the eye and I like that you made it compatible with the actual MLG gametypes. Great job, 5/5!

8. KratosAurion777

KratosAurion777 Ancient

This map looks extremely well made. The bridges look really nice, and the whole map is well designed and interlocked. The one thing that I don't understand is the Hill being in either of the bases. That just doesn't make sense, because your respawn in the bases for the most part, so people could spawn into or next to the hill. Anyway, great work, 5/5.

9. Baron

Baron Ancient

Respawns are only bases specific for ctf, so it isnt a problem with hill.

let me know how you find it after playing.

10. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

Finally, a MLG map that is actually suited for MLG. I'm loving what I'm seeing, especially the rear section. Your maps always make me happy (Reverence is sweet, sweet music); I can't why this wouldn't be the same. I shall return with some feedback.

11. Baron

Baron Ancient

Hey man! thanks for the love.
    I'm sure you wont be dissapointed with how it plays.

12. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

God, can't believe this has fallen so far past all the other supposed MLG maps. This is flawless forging, people. I can't believe how smoothly everything runs. How you were able to achieve this and still have that much money left over is just amazing. I bow to your superior forging skills, sir. Everybody should give this a download.

Question: why make the hill on A so small? I ask because it's a pretty open area, and there's not a whole lot you can do except get out of the hill for cover. Was that the intention? KOTH is a favorite of mine, and I'm always looking for better ways to improve how I would set it up for more competitive play.

13. Wood Wonk

Wood Wonk Ancient

hmmm, the name zenith (yes i know what it means) sounds a lot like my map name zenithide...
    which really doesn't matter at all.
    This looks likes an extremely well made map. great design and execution. The part with the bridges looks very smooth, and i love the B side. The precise interlocking and geomerging make it look like it belongs to, and is part of foundry.
    I will DL and try the gameplay, i am sure it will be great.
    And did you call it Zenith just randomly or is something to do with the geometry of the map?

#33 Wood Wonk, Aug 15, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2008
  14. Baron

Baron Ancient

Thanks for the further replies peepls,

I am ready to test 1.1 tonight, and will post as soon as I have confirmed the changes work.

1.1 changes:
    - Added a couple of spawns either side of the bases
    - Added Respawn areas for Koth
    - Modified respawn areas for CTF.

The changes are mainly to prevent people spawning next to enemies during KoTH, which happened a couple of times during testing. It seems that the H3 spawn system will throw you as far away from an enemy-occupied hill as possible, regardless of whether there are enemies nearby that area.

I also reduced the size of the CTF respawn areas to prevent people spawning under A and B facing the oppositions base, which made it very hard to complete caps.

@Squid:
    you are very kind, thanks for the support!
    A hill is meant to be like that, all hills should be exposed imo.
    Send me a FR if you want in on 1.1 tests.

@Chilli:
    Thanks man!
    I usually name my maps based on feel and my impression of the maps character, and I like to flex my vocabulary. I havent seen your map but I will download and have a look. Thanks for the link...

15. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

I would like to run some 4s on this, but the small man ffa games I've run have been pretty fun so far. I have some suggestions but I don't want to make them until I've at least got a chance to play a 4v4 game.

If you need testers add me (I used to be on your list)

GT: ZzHiTtHeLiGhTzZ

16. WheezyMoney

WheezyMoney Ancient

i just got back from my cottage, and i would love to run games with you. oh baron, you sir are a god among men.

17. Gigidy

Gigidy Ancient

very creative i like how its kinda like MLG Onslaught great job 5/5, and always remember keep forging

18. Black Ops Fox

Black Ops Fox Ancient

Nice map, one of the better MLG maps. 4.9999999/ 5. Love the way you did the bridges ^^. I'll DL for sure.

19. HumBoys

HumBoys Ancient

It looks pretty awesome, not the average symmetrical competitive map. The third base undoubtedly stirs up the gameplay. The only suggestion that I have is to door geo-merge the double boxes ever so slightly into the ground, to avoid grenades from being caught under them.

20. Icecikle

Icecikle Ancient

Looks great great merging and geomerging weapons layout great post great map.
    5/5