MLG Training

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by SnakeEyes U74, Feb 19, 2009.

1. SnakeEyes U74

SnakeEyes U74 Ancient

MLG Training
    Download :Halo 3 File Details

MLG Training is an Awesome map to practice you MLG game types and tactics this map has been approved by my friends so try it out and let me know what you think.
    Fits All Game Types 10-14 players

Armory:
    Sniper Rifle x 1 45 sec Respawn
    Battle Rifles x 5
    Carbines x 5
    Frags x 8
    Plasmas x 8

Battle Room 1
    [​IMG]

Battle Room 2
    [​IMG]

Center Structure
    [​IMG]

Download :Halo 3 File Details

2. M1:K3

M1:K3 Ancient

SICK! ilke really lie this one man, it looks perfect for MLG
    the only thing i think it might need is maybe a mauler or plasma pistol
    cuz you only got three guns in the map. but thats just me Bsides that its pretty awesome man. m y fav. part is the Center Structure area XD
    its a deff DL.
    lml_ oo _lml
    -

3. toasted kittuns

toasted kittuns Ancient

looks good. needs some interlocking though.

4. DoTTii

DoTTii Ancient

this map isnt up to MLG standards. All objects must be immovable objects or be braced down if they are a movable object in MLG. Also, there are no trucks or forklifts in MLG. please make sure you know what your doing before you make or post a map

5. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

hey man,this s good but needa a bit more interlocking and there is a fusion coil in it,and that is not up to mlg standards,so just take that out,and it will be good

6. hitman slayer33

hitman slayer33 Ancient

It looks like it has a really good flow, but you should sex it up with some interlocking. I could help if you want, just message me. But yeah like the other guy said you should take out the coil(s) in here. (I'm also not saying it totally sucks without interlocking, it just would look prettier.) But overall it looks relatively nice, I'd 4 / 5 it.

7. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

Well for one interlocking on this map doesn't seem to be needed at all. You only need to interlock when you have to, and apparently, he doesn't have to. Additionally there is no reason, like Mjag said, to flame this map. The only thing that needs to be changed is the fusion coil.

EDIT: What I meant to say is that Mjag flamed, and there is no cause for that.

8. xxDeeJxx

xxDeeJxx Ancient

this map looks off the hook, great layout. you could play it with MLG gametypes, and it would still be fun, if not up to MLG standards, but hey, its a training map.

and to the guy above me, fusion coil, and truck/forklift, old boy

9. SnakeEyes U74

SnakeEyes U74 Ancient

its not like a MLG map that will be on matchmaking. . . and thanks for the comments for those who dont know i dont interlock or Geomerge. i make awesome maps with out doing that. I believe that interlocking or geomerging ruins the idea of forge seeing how they are glitches. so i make great maps with out it. my friends can vouch for me on that. send me a friend request if you agree with me

10. xXxI4 shotIxXx

xXxI4 shotIxXx Ancient

This map should be in Competitive.This Map has scenery in it that does not belong in a MLG Map.Ex:Fusion Coil(s),Crate(s),Pallet(s),Barrel(s) and the truck and forklift do not belong either.0/5 for MLG, 2/5 for competitive.

11. Huntar

Huntar Ancient

uhhhh, this looks okay.
    But as errbody keeps saying,
    your in need of large quantities of merging.
    it will make the map flow alot betta.
    So,
    learn to merge,
    or if you can redo this map with some,
    and it will be a 5 star :]

But for now,
    only a 3/5

12. Bottlecap

Bottlecap Ancient

I honestly hope I don't see another comment like this in this thread. I just might go off. Why? Well because merging isn't necessary, and if you think so well get out. Merging is a technique used to either achieve something to better a map or better how it looks. This map doesn't truly need merging. Seriously Huntar you haven't even looked, in person, at the map.

Everyone should just lay off, this map is fine without interlocking/merging. Take the lazy mapmakers contest for example, some excellent maps came out of that, and without advanced techniques.

Snake Eyes, just report anymore flaming posts. Also, you have yourself a fine creation here. I absolutely love that section with the fence walls, its breaks off that area for player movement yet opens up and interesting line of sight. A few portions of this map were slightly cluttered but thats a minor complaint.

Seriously, stop making uninformed comments. Comments such as "needs more interlocking" or "needs merging" are not beneficial to this thread and thus are basically spam.

13. MichMaster32

MichMaster32 Ancient

very nice map. i would say that for no interlocking the map is very good. i like how it looks clean without interlocking being involved. i would also say that the map is a great mlg training map. the map looks really nice. the only thing i can suggest is that you try some more weapons like a mauler. i dont know where the weapons are but you always need them in strategic places. very nice map. some more pics would really help as well.

14. DeathstarsOG

DeathstarsOG Ancient

Why maps may not "need" interlocking/geomerging, both of those two aspects of forge are a large part of creating a smooth map. When you have double boxes placed next to each other without interlocking, you create a gap. That gap could infact during gameplay eat grenades. So yes, you can technically create a map without interlocking/geomerging, however, the gameplay will be much more solid by using these methods. Also, without geomerging, you must space all of your objects away from foundry's walls as they will also create a gap to eat grenades and even players.

The lack of Interlocking/geomerging can be passible if the map is created well, however this map is NOT up to MLG standards. If you would like to see what MLG standards are, please follow the links in my sig to help you.

15. SnakeEyes U74

SnakeEyes U74 Ancient

I posted this map in MLG because some people need to practice their MLG... This map offers that. if you have these supposed "gaps" in boxes or movable explosive scenery don't you think it would be hard of a challenge than just a blank old map. . . So if you got the best of this map you would easily dominate in a regular MLG map since its so plain. you need Grenade placement, jumping skills, tactics, and other esenstials to beat a MLG game. This map gives that...

16. Poyver

Poyver Ancient

This map should be posted in competitive. The truck in 'battle room 1' should be deleted. Post a few more pictures - I would really like to see if there is more than one way to cross the middle "wall". This also needs interlocking, and possibly some geo-merging. You have a good idea, just touch it up a little. Also, if you want to make MLG maps - No crates, pallets, fusion coils, trucks, forklifts, barrels (or most other movable objects, the main exception being the dumpster) but yeah. 3/5 (rating as a competitive map)

17. SnakeEyes U74

SnakeEyes U74 Ancient

you should really read the other threads from the players before typing that... you havent played on it yet so you dont know if it needs interlocking... i hate those comments :mad: