MLG Rebound

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by Sneilanaught, Nov 30, 2008.

1. Sneilanaught

Sneilanaught Ancient

MLG Rebound

This is the third MLG map I've made, this one is primarily a CTF map. It resembles Onslaught somewhat but not completely. MLG CTF settings for Onslaught work best for this map.

Weapons

Battle Rifle x 8
    Carbine x 4
    Rocket Launcher x 1
    Frag Grenade x 12
    Plasma Grenade x 8​

Pictures

This is an overview of one of the bases
    [​IMG]

This is an overview of the center of the map
    [​IMG]

This is a shot of one of the tower`s tops
    [​IMG]

This is one of the passages underneath the towers
    [​IMG]

This is at the side of one of the base
    [​IMG]

This is the inside of one of the bases
    [​IMG]

This is an overview of the path to the flag from the front of the base
    [​IMG]

This is a shot of the entrance of the previous picture
    [​IMG]

This is the outside of one of the bases. There are two open boxes leading to the opposite side of the map
    [​IMG]

This is a shot of the inside of rockets
    [​IMG]

Download

If you play this map I hope you enjoy it. Please rate and comment if you have any feedback.​

#1 Sneilanaught, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  2. TSK SCR4F70N

TSK SCR4F70N Ancient

Good layout and design. But have you heard of interlocking? Apparently it's all the rage!

3. BunN eeE

BunN eeE Ancient

Looks pretty nicely made, although you defiantly want to cover up the Corners, it makes for faster gameplay, it makes for MLG. (Image 5) You also defiantly don't want to have Rockets as the power weapon for this map, I believe the Most powerful power weapon you can have on a Foundry based map is a Muller. I also really like the layout for this map, it fresh! Other then That looks nice, I'm going to download it and play it as soon as I get my Xbox back from the repair shop.

4.5/5

:)

#3 BunN eeE, Nov 30, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2008
  4. Sneilanaught

Sneilanaught Ancient

Yes, I have, but you don`t NEED to interlock to make a good map. Yes, I agree there are some places where I couldve interlocked to make it better, but I was lazy :p. And btw I did interlock on many occasions if you actually take the time to look before shouting your mouth off.

5. HLG FlashPoint

HLG FlashPoint Ancient

Very good map. I agree with you interlocking isnt needed for a good map. I think you are 1 of the few people that think that. I love MLG and I will dl this and check it out. Good job.

6. Sneilanaught

Sneilanaught Ancient

I'm just letting you guys know that I'm in the process of making a V2 of this map, so don't worry about how it looks now. I should have this edited by tommorrow night.

7. Kion FH

Kion FH Ancient

Needs a little interlocking in some places, but otherwise, great map. Who needs interlocking as long as it plays well and looks good. In fact, this could easily be one of the best none interlocked maps I've seen. There are only a handful, though. Anyways I'm pretty sure you interlocked in some places, but it looks great anyways, so who cares?

8. Nick Novikov

Nick Novikov Ancient

the map looks great but im pretty sure a rocket launcher isnt MLG. u should replace it with a mauler. just a suggestion

9. PulseKiller

PulseKiller Ancient

Rocket Launcher is MLG.... just dont think it will work on a foundry map.

10. Nick Novikov

Nick Novikov Ancient

11. Moniter117

Moniter117 Ancient

I like the layout of the map and i really like how you had the open box lead to the dumpster into the base. (Open boxes area a rarely used technique in MLG) at least from all the MLG's ive DL'd thats what i think.

12. Ell3ment

Ell3ment Ancient

Seems to have the standard layout for an MLG map, 2 bases, middles area, and raised sides with ramps. I think that if your making a version two you should add some flare because to me it comes off as a boxy layout. Try rounding some edges or using some forge techniques to add your own style to the map.

Either way until i see a version 2 it's a 2.5/5 from me.

Happy Forging ^_^

13. gunman1331

gunman1331 Ancient

Hey Bre you finally posted it. Well I hop you changed the spawns because the last time that I played they sucked but other than that it is a good map and the rockest where not overpowering.

14. Patchwork V2

Patchwork V2 Ancient

Great use of aesthetics and interlocking - it would be nice to see some geomerging in this map. Still looks like a solid plan with nice gameplay.

15. MultiLockOn

MultiLockOn Ancient
    Forge Critic Banned Senior Member

Great layout. I see how this map might play phenomenally. But you need to start interlocking and geomerigng. It doesnt just help asthetically but it really does bring the gameplay to a new level. 3.8/5

16. Zanitor

Zanitor Ancient

I like the fact rockets are in the middle it provides a great risk, for a reward, and if you get a reward such as this everyone is screwed, nice map, good geomerging and interlocking!