MLG Phylum

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Sep 1, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map?

1. Poor

11.3%
  2. Okay

6.5%
  3. Average

6.5%
  4. Good

29.0%
  5. Great

46.8%
  1. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

Phylum
    Created by CR0553D

Gametypes Supported:
    MLG TS, MLG KOTH, MLG Oddball and MLG CTF
    Recommended Party Size: 4-8 Players

Phylum is a MLG foundry map made by CR0553D. What makes Phylum unique is the fact that it is technically a 9 base map. There are two large main bases on the long walls instead of on the short ones like on most modern MLG maps. There are then 4 bases in each corner similar to warlock, a fan favourite of Halo 2. There are another two tower bases accessed by jumping on the sides, and the final base structure is the center. MLG Phylum changes the traditional MLG gameplay completely with its unique layout, whilst still retaining that crisp MLG feel.
    CR0553D has updated this map multiple times, each time improving it dramatically and always in a positive way.

Phylum is truly a map for all MLG fans, and even for those who just want to see the very high quality of forging exhibited by the creator.

#1 Iv0rY Snak3, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
  2. sexy dude

sexy dude Ancient

wow this looks really nice the gameplay would be really nice and the geomerging on the map looks like he did it spot on well done on the feature as well cro553d

3. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

This one slipped under my radar. I haven't seen this one before.

It looks great, I'll be sure to check it out. Everything looks nicely merged and at the right angles and height to ensure great flowing gameplay. Can't wait to get my hands on this one.

4. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

This looks fun to play MLG on. Very nice map I like the middle part the best.

K3V1N likes this.
  5. n1n3CAL

n1n3CAL Ancient

Map looks great for some MLG slayer and/or flag

6. J A Y

J A Y Ancient

I played on this map, around a month ago. I wasn't that amazed. I mean sure its different from it features. But featured? I found that purple and yellow towers are very basic. The gameplay was fun, but not amazing. I don't know if I'm missing anything, so I will have another look at it.

Linubidix likes this.
  7. TheDarkKnight05

TheDarkKnight05 Ancient

looks like a great map for MLG gametypes and other team games too.

Map Creativity 4.8/5
    The map looks like one of the best mlg maps i have seen in a while. The different corners was a good idea, but i think is way overused. The middle part is the best thing about the map scenery wise. Also the different bases with different powerups was a good idea to put in to this already great map. The geomerged "a" signs and "b" signs for the carbines was also a great idea.

Map Quality 5/5
    The map quality just looks awesome. The wall floors seen in some of the first pictures were great interlocked and the stairs and corner walls were merged to perfection. I glad you replaced the open double box with the two corner walls and doors. The double box in my opinion just would not fit in to the map.

Weapon Layout 5/5
    Everything here is good the weapons looks like they are placed in good spots and the weapon list is mlg standard with the BR and the carbine.

Gameplay Quality 5/5
    The gameplay would just be awesome. I could really see a intense game of mlg slayer or mlg CTF on this map. There is enough cover on the map and there is plenty of open space for people who just want to take out the long range weapon and have a great battle to the end.

Overall 4.95/5
    Even though i am not a MLG fan, for anybody who is this is the map to play on. The interlocking and geomerging is to perfection and the weapon layout is standard stuff for people who like to take out the BR or the Carbine. The gameplay i think would be awesome, especially with CTF or KoTH.

Final Notes
    Great Job and i hope you make some more maps as good as this one.

#7 TheDarkKnight05, Sep 1, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  8. Elkan Viel

Elkan Viel Ancient

The map looks great and lives up to MLG style but I'm not seeing enough aesthetic touches as I am used to from MLG maps. I'm glad this got featured though, 4/5.

9. FreshCherry

FreshCherry Ancient

I guess it is pretty good, but I don't think that it should be featured. The interlocking and geo-merging is GREAT! I just think that the gameplay won't bee that great. No cover, doesn't look like there is much weps, and I do like the mauler in the middle though. I give it a 4/5

10. xSharpshooter94

xSharpshooter94 Ancient

i played on this with matty yesterday. due to that i knmew it had to be getting featured. it was an awesome map. but it lacked cover and if you went out in the open you were as good as dead. maybe that was because i was vs. matty and yellow...hmmmm....

11. IVIercinator

IVIercinator Ancient

This lloks really good but I like the last featured MLG map better. This is good and hectick/ getting shot at from all side like all MLG map should be like. But the gameplay looks smooth and fun. This could be used for an MLG tournament.

12. HITtheLIGHTZ

HITtheLIGHTZ Ancient

He's updated it significantly. The biggest improvement is the middle which is both awesome looking and useful. It also runs hill much better than any foundry mlg map I've played.

Plus the spawns are perfect (I think Devinish did them) so the map flows very nicely.

I can assure you after running games on 3.7 (I think that's the version this one is on) that this map is fully feature worthy.

13. jShazBot

jShazBot Ancient

Looks very nice. Will be gettin my DL once i get back on halo 3

14. drak

drak Ancient

lolololol I played this yesterday with insane54, inferior pidgeon, sharpshooter, etc etc.....LOL I GOT PWNED.....I killed matty once BTW....CAN I HAZ RECONZ

I remember asking is this going to get featured, and matty chuckled to himself, and said soon, very soon

Great Map!

15. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

This is a very sweet MLG map, I checked out the original thread because I knew there would be more pics. My only complaint is that the structures made out of the bridges could have been more complex. Maybe more creative cover could have been used. You also should flip and geomerge the open box in the center. Great job overall, 4.8/5.

16. Jebus1001

Jebus1001 Ancient

Hmm.. I played this one a while back and I found that it wasn't as great as some of the other MLG maps out there. It was very well-made technically but gameplay just wasn't as good as it would seem just by looking.

Nine bases sounds like a lot but the truth is there is almost no cover. Each base is very open taking away the height advantage you would normally get from such a position. I found that you were almost better off (both offensively and defensively) running around on the ground.

This is my view on it but I have only ever played Team Slayer on it so I don't know about objective gametypes.

I will say this though: The spawns on this map are much better than any other Foundry map I have ever seen

17. DeKnoZx

DeKnoZx Ancient

Nice Job On Getting Featured CR0553D. This map is great as new perspective to forge because of how the map is built differently than all other maps.
    Good: Plays smoothly for team slayer and king of the hill. Creativity is great on this map.
    Bad: Geo-glitching is kind of sloppy almost rushed. WAY to much jumping. Some angles are off due to rushing.
    Overall: Very good map but it definitely has problems that could be fixed. Some great ideas could be put in to help map flow if some angles were corrected, things such as the corner walls were lowered in front of pink and yellow, and if single boxes in front of the bases were at the same angles i think this map would be and play SO much better.

18. Roche178

Roche178 Ancient

This makes me very, very happy face I have wanted this map for a long time.

Oh and to all people saying it needs more cover compared to other Mlg maps this has allot of cover.

19. PonyD

PonyD Ancient

this looks very well forged, visually it looks great... havent had a chance to play it yet because 3 days ago I was robbed and everything I own was taken...

But to be honest.. Im getting tired of MLG maps being featured... a lot of these MLG maps look so much the same. try to create a Aesthetic Map made for MLG... If someone gives a map a name like Riverfront... it should look like a riverfront... so I was expecting this to look like a phylum, anyway...

other than that.. I love the map man, Its stilll unique with its many platforms.

20. Bass Forger

Bass Forger Ancient

Wow 1st 2 featured MLG maps in one week?!? Am i missing something? Well anyway MLG maps impress me forging wise, but however they lack creativity like no tomorrow. I mean MLG Impact was the 1st MLG that i actually thought was creative. This is great but seems to me like just another regular pro-forged MLG map. I mean this in the nicest way but i've seen maps twice as creative and half as well forged that are fun to play on. So sorry but 4.5/5

Keep Forging!