Foundry MLG Parthenon

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Competitive Maps' started by WOLF KILLA 192, May 20, 2009.

1. WOLF KILLA 192

WOLF KILLA 192 Ancient

MLG Parthenon
    Download Map: Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details
    Description:
    A symetrically based map with the classic red vs blue sides perfor for Team slayer and CTF 4-12 players. (Alot of Power Weapons). Unfortunately, you only spawn on the outer ring, even though there are spawn points inside. For some reason I cant fix this, please comment and tell me how I can fix this, and any other problems that might be there.

Weapons List:
    Assault Rifle - 4
    Battle Rifle - 14
    Shotgun - 1
    Sniper - 1
    SMG - 2
    Spiker - 4
    Magnum - 4
    Plasma Pistol - 2
    Plamsa Rifle - 2
    Needler - 2
    Rocket Launcher - 1
    Covenant Carbine - 8
    Mauler - 2

Pictures:
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Middle
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Corner
    [​IMG][/URL]
    High Platform
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Low Platform
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Under Red Base
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Part of Floor
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Other Part of Floor
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Rocket spawn and under middle
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Across map view
    [​IMG][/URL]
    Blue Base (Red Base is the same)

Please comment and tell me what you think and what I can do to improve! Also help me fix the spawns, how do they work... like the spawn area! Thank you all!!!

2. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Ancient

I think it a awesome map, The layout looks great and the interlocking looks perfect.
    Gameplay would seem promising.
    I'll have to DL and give a spin after work tonight.

One suggestion:
    I wouldnt take pics in forge mode, just run a custom game with the map and just run around or stand in one spot. Then go into threatre mode and take the pictures.

3. ShortKidPena

ShortKidPena Ancient

This looks like a pretty sweet MLG map. There is a few spots where you could have merged some things, but overall great interlocking and merging. The boxes around the outside are probably my favorite part because it is unique and it looks like it has some interesting gameplay-GREAT JOB!!

Overall 4.8/5

PS don't take pics in forge mode...lol

4. Ahogan11

Ahogan11 Ancient

this looks like it would be a fun map to play on in mlg there is a perfect amount of cover and well laid out it seems like your did alot of interlocking and did a good job at it. well mad map ill take a look at it. 4.5/5

5. WOLF KILLA 192

WOLF KILLA 192 Ancient

Thanks for the feed back... The only reason why this isn't under MLG is because of the weapons. I like more variety than just BR, Carbine, and sniper... However I do feel that there are too many power weapons... so I might have to change that.... Keep up the comments!!!! Thank You!

6. rewib65

rewib65 Ancient

i love the layout, although i think its a wee bit sloppy for an mlg map, maybe merge a little more and practice the geomerging, the objects are kinda crooked when they are geomerged

7. Rho Fs

Rho Fs 2x2 Forge Judge

Well like everyone else has said before me about not taking pics in forge mode. It looks like you know what you are doing. Forging is good. looks like gameplay could be alright. Spawns look questionable for sure. Spawning top mid? not usually a good place to be right away. The last picture looks a little sloppy also. Maybe do a v2 and fix these things. Looks good though!

8. WOLF KILLA 192

WOLF KILLA 192 Ancient

Thanks for the feed back... I put the one spawn on top middle just for fun (YOU NEVER SPAWN THERE)... but it adds to the classic bungie spawn lol... I would love to make a v2 map to fix the sloppiness, but unfortunately i made this on a money glitched map, so I have no more items, and I cant spawn anything, so basically Im stuck... If you want to help me try to fix it, send me a friend request on xbox. gamertag is WOLF KILLA 192

9. RichIBuildJumps

RichIBuildJumps Ancient

Looks nice but it looks like it won't flow very well, ther are lots of double and triple jumps that i can see, in the first picture alone there is a quad jump just to reach the next level (Dumpster -> Fencewall -> Fencewall -> Next level) I know theres a 'walkway' into the bases from the bottom level, but is there any other way in other than jumps? If not I think you should implement more stairs / ramps / walkways to get up into the base, as the map's gameplay will flow a lot better. I think you should consider a v2, the forging looks very nice, I didn't really see this 'sloppiness' which people were on about. I know you said you prefer lots of weapons, but is this a bit over the top? Maybe if you put respawn times and spare clips down, I could comment, but it looks like some major weapon-whoring will occur here. Overall the map looks nice, the weapons have been thought out and placed well, but could do with fine tuning..
    7/10 from me :)
    Hope to see a v2 soon, or maybe just an update. A DL might be coming your way later tonight if I have time, maybe tomorrow because I have the morning off of school ;)
    R

10. WOLF KILLA 192

WOLF KILLA 192 Ancient

Richie... send me a friend request I would love to work with you on fixing the problems that you have suggested, it was on a money glitch map, I am out of objects and i cant spawn anything... so please add me and work with me i like ur opinions and I agree with you thanks

11. RichIBuildJumps

RichIBuildJumps Ancient

I'll help you, but I'm kinda busy over the next few days, so maybe leave it until Sunday? I'm not too great with budget / OLN glitches, but I can help to some extent..
    GT - Sidekickboy
    R

12. WOLF KILLA 192

WOLF KILLA 192 Ancient

More coments please! BTW sidekickboy your friends list is full

#12 WOLF KILLA 192, May 21, 2009
    Last edited: May 21, 2009
  13. MetaLemur

MetaLemur Ancient

looks really clean and i really think the gameplay would be good but the map is not perfectly symetrical

14. WOLF KILLA 192

WOLF KILLA 192 Ancient

whats not symetrical about it?