MLG Overshots

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by MisterRemy, Feb 18, 2009.

1. MisterRemy

MisterRemy Ancient

MLG Overshots is designed symmetrical.
    On each side there is set BR ammo.

[​IMG]

In the middle is where the Overshields is located.
    [​IMG]

Towards the back, on each side, is a starting area where players capture flags and plant bombs.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inbetween the middle area and the outer edge, are two small tower like structures where the carbines are located.
    [​IMG]

The Maulers are underneath.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is a close up of one of the Sniper posts.
    Something to know about these, is that you simply cannot jump up to them. There's a little bit of skill involved in getting up to 'em.
    (There are also a couple of spawns in each.)
    [​IMG]

It's a pretty descent map for what it's worth.
    Also....
    SERIOUSLY
    Play the map before judging it.

Here's the link.
    http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=66612651

2. xXxI4 shotIxXx

xXxI4 shotIxXx Ancient

I hate when people judge my maps without playing them as well, lol.Im will reply again l8er after I've tested it out.

3. Chand123

Chand123 Ancient

Looks nice. I'll go now to Test..

4. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

hey I just downloaded and There is one thing i have to say.Te middle tower is kind of messed up.The bridges and stairs that lead up to it do not go to the top.So when I was playing,I got stuck and killed,so if you fix that,then this map would be top notch

5. MisterRemy

MisterRemy Ancient

It's part of the map.

I specifically designed it so that the player has to jump to get to the area. It's not like it's much of a jump either. Not every part of the map has to be a ramp. The stairs and bridges that lead to the areas are sort of a little "boost" helping you jump up there.
    It's part of the map. I hope you didn't rate this map poorly because of your lack of common sense or for whatever reason.

6. Rifte

Rifte Ancient

Hey, i just tried this map and I honestly must agree with Star of Knights. Jumping to a certain point doesn't really give smooth game play and it's so frustrating when you're in the middle of an epic fight or whatever and you come to an annoying abrupt halt. I don't know, it's just my opinion but this is a pretty good map other than that little part. You should also make more places to take cover as most MLG maps have almost no empty space and utilizes lots of the empty foundry for cover is really my only other piece of advice. 3.5/5.

EDIT:Oh, also the sniper tower if it really involves skill to jump onto, then would it really make sense to put spawn points in them and give those people a free good weapon? And do both teams spawn in it?

7. MisterRemy

MisterRemy Ancient

Well yes there are spawns on both "towers", but I made spawns up there so that maybe someone who doesn't know how to get up, would just simply spawn up there. It's not hard to get up either, there's walls sticking out of the middle as cover on both sides providing a jump up there. People rarely spawn there anyway.

8. n00bsk00lbus309

n00bsk00lbus309 Ancient

you might wanna change that oversheild to a custom power up to git MLG rules other than that it looks pretty good from the pictures! 4/5 keep on forging!

9. Cr0ok3d

Cr0ok3d Ancient

I think what people are trying to get at, is that you do not want to make an area like that only "jumpable" to get on it. It is the one part of the map that can be seen by all. When you have to jump to get there or to go to the other side it puts you in the open with no way to maneuver away for the shots since you are in the air. It puts a strain on the gameplay.

Another thing is that MLG maps use Customs not overshields.

Other than that this map is does not look to bad. The bases are a little small for MLG. It does look like it could be very playable aside from the jump so I will check it out.

10. Nestik

Nestik Ancient

Well i haven't played it, but im gonna judge it anyways Mwhahaha! It looks very good, i'd play it but i can't currently, the only problem i see is that MLG doesn't use normal Overshield, so that'd need to be fixed. Other than that it looks amazing.

11. DeathstarsOG

DeathstarsOG Ancient

MLG will use normal OS's. My Map Unleashed made MLG v6 testing with not just one, but 2 Red OS's. Another V6 test map made by Fritzster(Creator of Amplified) is Regicide which also uses a Red OS. And last but not least, the MLG v6 test version of Cold Storage has a Red OS.
    If you would like to read up on what MLG standards actually are, please follow the links in my sig.

12. Poyver

Poyver Ancient

I like it. You succeeded in using the whole map effectively - I especially like those 'sniper posts'... one small thing - change the O.S. to a custom ;)

13. iskyzoi

iskyzoi Ancient

no fence wall or fence box in MLG....