MLG Level Up v2

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by idiotninja, Aug 14, 2008.

1. BunN eeE

BunN eeE Ancient

I see the idea, although it really does not qualify for the MLG standards...

3/5

2. KratosAurion777

KratosAurion777 Ancient

This map looks well-designed, but I feel that it doesn't have the MLG setup very much. MLG maps usually do not stress vertical features, with the exception of Construct. Also, MLG maps do not use grav-lifts, man-cannons, or any of those types of items, and instead rely on tactical jumps. The map functions very well for regualr slayer, but I think that this isn't really very MLG. 4/5.

3. Mental

Mental Ancient

I'm really glad to see an original style map that is made for the MLG gametypes. Almost every other "MLG" map that is made looks so sadly similar that you might as well just keep one because the gameplay never changes. This may actually make a MLG game intersting for a few minutes.

4. idiotninja

idiotninja Ancient

Thank you all. Yes since it was our first map and we like MLG gametypes we tried to make a map for it. I guess its not so much MLG as a MLG esque map that works just as well for other game types.

5. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

Yeah the general idea was to make something an MLG map thats a little "new/differe nt" and it will work with a variety of game types.Another one on the way and the regular weapon set for level up as well thanks again.

6. Acosta02

Acosta02 Ancient

This guy has it right. The top level interferes with your jumps, which could really mess somebody up. I think the map would be much improved if the second and third levels were slightly lowered. I don't think this map has any of the upper-level superiority problems that I initially suspected, so that's cool. Since access to the second level is available from any corner (I assume that the ability to jump off of the dumpsters was intentional), and the mancannon on either side gives a player quick access to the top level, there was never much of a problem getting around. So while the top levels aren't dominating the bottom ones, there's still a bit of a problem: the ground level is awkward to fight on. The weapon placement simply doesn't agree with the slick building in the middle. It's clearly a close-combat oriented structure, but the only weapons available are: four carbines and a mauler. Uh, what? It's like the creators wanted everybody to either ignore that area, or have one guy clear everybody out with a mauler so that they don't come back. There's no incentive to stay down there at all. A little fleshing out of the bottom level would go a long way on this map.

I'm not really a huge fan of MLG, but even I know that this is not such a typical map for the gametype. I think that when you come out with the non-MLG weapon set, this map will be much better automatically.

7. VGI dYn4sTy

VGI dYn4sTy Ancient

nice map but it needs a better structure

8. idiotninja

idiotninja Ancient

Okay so more close combat weapons near the bottom, and lower the middle level. Well since we are working on our second map now we might not lower the middle level, but a new weapon placement or adding weapons should not be a problem. Also yes the dumpsters were intentional for those who found it. And to the above post do you mean it needs a better structure in the middle of the bottom? Thank you for the detailed review, more like it would be great.

9. DeathToll77

DeathToll77 Gone For Sec

thanks again the reviews are greatly apreciated and we will be adding a different weapon set so do not worry. Are next map is coming along great and we look forward to posting it

10. mrgregsux

mrgregsux Ancient

This is a very fun FFA map, but not for team games.

11. firephoenix229

firephoenix229 Ancient

I like the map, very origional. The multi-level layout and the open space might lead to power positions on top. This may not work with MLG gametypes. Just a thought.

12. GoReMaGoN

GoReMaGoN Ancient

its nice,but the bottom floor loks pretty empty, try puting obstacles that arent scattered all around, good work though *_*

13. H3C x Nevz

H3C x Nevz Ancient

Very unique map. I commend you on trying to be different; a quality that the MLG Forum needs. Items that are "freeplaced:" just standing alone like the corner walls, should probably be geomerged in an MLG map. Everything should be done with precision, so every grenade will bounce correctly. A large part of MLG maps are precision: that's your next step.

DeathToll77 likes this.
  14. idiotninja

idiotninja Ancient

What do you mean freeplaced? You mean any object that is near a wall should be geomerged? I do not see why? Is it better for gameplay?

15. Silent oo death

Silent oo death Ancient

the great part of this map that I like is the catwalk, the part that I don't like is pretty much every thing else. Who knows maybe this map plays amazingly well but I really can't see it.

16. asian num 69

asian num 69 Ancient

i like this a lot, but theres a lack of cover on the bottom so anyone down there is a gonner. is there a version 3 coming out? cuz some improvement to this map would make it perfect

17. Stratigon13

Stratigon13 Ancient

This map is very different from most mlg maps. Most maps are mlg maps are flat but u really brought out another dimmension. There are quite a bit of places that could use interlocking just to make it a bit mor smooth. You might want to flip the bridges also. The gameplay is one thing im woried about. There is a considerable amount of cover but it does not seem to protect from the top. So pretty much if you control the top u control the map. some areas seem sloppy like in the 6th pic. This is a really unique idea tho a v2 could be perfect

18. MLG_NaFy

MLG_NaFy Ancient

Interesting

it is very Interesting for MLG and its a little bit sloppy. Try turning your boxes upside down and you geomerged one stair but not the other.

19. RaBBiiTTT

RaBBiiTTT Ancient

This looks like a nice MLG map with some creative ideas but the plasma pistol isnt in the MLG Map standards. Your design is very nice especially the bridges but it will be better if you added more cover in the ground. If you make a v3 and improve it, I'm sure its gonna be one hell of a map. Sorry but for now, no download.

20. DKsavage99

DKsavage99 Ancient

nice map
    elevator always good feature
    possibly more mergind to fix the map and make it more smooth
    looks very fun to play
    good basic design, but i dont know if id consider it MLG, no offense, just different