MLG Instinct

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by xXxI4 shotIxXx, Feb 13, 2009.

?

What did you think of Instinct

1. Wow!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Great Map

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Descent Map

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lacking Something

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  1. xXxI4 shotIxXx

xXxI4 shotIxXx Ancient

Instinct
    Instinct, was originally created to be more than a MLG Map.Friends and myself enjoyed playing MLG Variants so much more.My personal favorite is 4v4 Multi Flag.I put alot of effort into making Instict well balanced with weapon placement and cover to hide behind.I also tried to put some unique scenery into my map to make it 1 you would remember with the MLG Sign in the center and more, you can see in some of the pics.It is A Symetrical.Give me feedback on what needs work and I will try my best to correct it in V2, Thank you, and enjoy!

Note: I know about the pallets/fusion coils/equipment.My XBOX LIVE has reverted to silver so I cant put V2 on my Fileshare.

Weapons + Power ups
    6 Fragment Greanades
    5 Battle Rifles
    3 Covenant Carbine
    2 Plasma Grenades
    1 Sniper Rifle
    1 Mauler
    1 Bubble shield

<~Now onto the pics~>
    Red Side

[​IMG]

Blue Side
    [​IMG]

Bottom Mid
    [​IMG]
    Like i said, straight MLG
    Snipe at Top Mid
    [​IMG]
    Snipe tower is a vary vulnerable place to be, but has view of almost everything.
    Top Mid
    [​IMG]
    A Hallway runs through the mid of the structure, which holds the Mauler, or you can brave running out in the open to grab the Sniper Rifle.

#1 xXxI4 shotIxXx, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  2. Master Debayter

Master Debayter Ancient

Honestly, the one thing I can say about this map is that the entire map looks like you rushed to finish. The box merged into the crane is crooked, the stairs at mid map aren't placed very neatly, and some parts of the map are wierd in terms of placement (especially in the area in the last picture). Clean everything up, take your time, and you should get more downloads that you "o-so-desire".

3. Like 520 ninjas

Like 520 ninjas Ancient

the map is a little messy and it was not too bad gameplay but you could get the invis and ov at the top of the stairs and if this is a mlg map then there shouldnt be any pallets

4. MAP MAKER

MAP MAKER Ancient

You dont reli need asthetics on a MLG map, the sheer class of merging and interlocking should be good enough for people to say WOW! not just a bunch on teleporters in a circle, the layout does however look good, you may want to remove pallets and cones as these are gay as hay! good start though

5. ForgeGod117

ForgeGod117 Ancient

What, I completely disagree wit you here. You should try and make your gameplay as good as possible and the you worry about aesthetics.

"All aesthetics that don't effect gameplay are good."

The map does look good. The telewriting was original and could really add to this map. The hallway has great interlocking that adds for smooth gameplay and interesting lines of sight. Overall it is a good map but it doesn't look too well made in parts. (sniper tower) Next MLG map you make try to follow these three bases. They are the essence of a good MLG map.

1) Flows well (2-3 exits to every base/ structure)
    2) Lines of sight (Your hallway is a good example of this)
    3) Proper weapon placement (you should always be no less than 5 seconds away from a BR)

6. OrangE BloB

OrangE BloB Ancient

It was very messy and i thought that the writing seemed too unprofessional and unnecessary, clean up the map a bit and it should be just fine.

7. sourdauer

sourdauer Ancient

i would like to know how the writing was unnescessarry, all posts need text.

but yeah, this has some really cool features. the only thing i would recomend is that you go to mlgpro.com and look at the allowed objects, because i saw a pallet in one of your pics and it seems strange in an mlg map.

8. sSENSE

sSENSE Ancient

I like the original layout, a few good merges. I like how you wrote "MLG" with the teleporters on the last picture. But you have to make the map look more clean. You should remove the fusion coils, pallets and the bubble shield. I don't think that would be in MLG. 2/5.

9. EleKtRa

EleKtRa Ancient

this looks like a great map with a nice layout. but its a little sloppy in places and could do with some touches. in MLG theres shouldnt be anymovable objusts lke crates and pallets, and no fusion coils! Get rid of the bubble shield and dont have the BR on the weapon haloder and youve got yourslef a great map. 3/5 but keep up the good forging

10. Star iz Legiit

Star iz Legiit Ancient

Hey this map is great.Awesome interlocking and great forging.This map is top notch with all of its feautres.I love it

11. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Talented
    Forge Critic Senior Member

eh idk really know about mlg so i wont be able to give the best advice. If it were competitive i would say put more cover but i dont think mlg is supposed to have a lot of cover. It looks well forged though. Could straighten a few things up but good job. 3.8/5

12. NymBomer

NymBomer Ancient

You might want to look at this thread for MLG Rules and Standards. For example, MLG doesn't use equipment at all and no fusion coils or moveable objects like crates and cones.

13. xXxI4 shotIxXx

xXxI4 shotIxXx Ancient

I have updated the map.I will be posting pics at a later date.I took out everything that was against MLG Standards (fusion coils, pallets,equipment).I also fixed the problem with the stairs to the best of my ability.Took out the energy shield surrounding the MLG Tele-writing.Took the Battle Rifle from in front of the Tele-writing and posted it up on the wall beneath the writing.I also fixed the spawns.The new map is up and running.The Link to the V2 map is beneath where it says "DOWNLOAD Map Here" in the thread.

14. iskyzoi

iskyzoi Ancient

this is not a MLG map ....MLG maps dont have fence wall , sheild door, a MLG write with portal...no cone, no movable object , no destructible **** like a truck no equipment like bubble sheild ...You have posted the map in the wrong categorie dude... you should post it in competitive not MLG.

anyway I dont like this map...

15. XxWoolyxX

XxWoolyxX Ancient

i really wasnt a fan but you have much more potential now that i think so keep the maps coming!

16. Eaglrys BR iZ GoDly

I think this map would really fit well in matchmaking and has some great aesthetics. Very professional interlocking and nice weapon placement.

17. Eaglrys BR iZ GoDly

For me, it's a little messy for interlocking and stuff. Gameplay I imagine would be better.