MLG Inertia

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by SuperFeiGn, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Nemihara

Nemihara Ancient

I heart this map. It reminds me, in many ways, of two of my favorite H2 maps: Headlong and Lockout. Its interesting design incorporates function as well. The beautiful ramp building also serves as a good cover system, from the looks of it. I'll have to dl it to really find out, but this is really good.

2. alcapone900

alcapone900 Ancient

Wow this map looks great. It must of took hours to make it. Ill download once i get some more spots. It looks like a keeper.

3. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I looked at your CTF setup this morning, and it's pretty interesting. I know the flag placement has already been discussed, so I'll comment on the interesting choice of the lone respawn area for the Attackers (I also liked the placement of the 'Flag Away respawn areas). It surprised me to only have one, and I assumed it was set only for Asymmetrical games. Having it set to both is a very interesting concept. The advanced spawning system is something that's been very challenging and at times totally frustrating for me, and I'm interested to know how you came up with using one respawn area and how the testing influenced your choice. Again, this is a great map to add to the community and I'm looking forward to the non-MLG weapons version. I have one request for this; no matter what weapons you choose to add, could you glitch all the weapons and equipment for the rest of us schlubs? That was my only issue with sendernode's Different Level...

4. jjbrich

jjbrich Ancient

I've only ever downloaded the MLG gaurdian game and there wasn't really anything to it at all... So what exactly is MLG and what is good about it?

5. XxTexasHornxX

XxTexasHornxX Ancient

It is just really competitive halo and what the pros play. It is only BR start with no radar. Maps typpically are arena style and symmetrical. They normally only have sniper, rockets, BR, carbine, and mauler on map. Also, they have no equipment, and don't use camo. Instead, they use custom power ups that give you 3x overshield.

I would love to see Bungie, MLG, or Forge Hub feature this.

6. Atheos23

Atheos23 Ancient

Its an attempt to standardize certain aspects of the game...<sarcasm>and make some kids feel like they are a special group since they mastered a single weapon type. Mostly the second reason.</sarcasm>

7. ash55

ash55 Ancient

Thanks for all the kind comments guys. I'm glad to see some people have tried it and enjoyed it.

8. rusty eagle

rusty eagle Ancient

This map looks insanely awesome. I hope that members of this community can learn from this map to make better forgeries. I know I will learn from this. I bet if this was 'skinned' it would look like a default bungie map. Again nice work and I hope to see more collaborative works from you guys in the future.

9. gamergimp

gamergimp Ancient

I wanted to wait until I'd been able to actually play on this map and, therefore, give you a proper reaction. Unfortunately my time on Halo lately has been drastically restricted so I've only been able to do a look through it in Forge and I wanted to at least feed something back to you.

WOW (and how!). This map is certainly extremely well put together and I had great fun just running around it and trying out all the jumps (and there are a surprising amount). There also seemed to be a good balance of cover, but also multiple angles from which to be attacked at all times. At several points I completely forgot that I was in Foundry and that usually only happens for me with completely enclosed maps (i.e. ones with a roof).

Very nice!

10. Ty

Ty Guest

Most MLG maps don't tend to appeal to me, but this map look really good for what it was intended. I also believe it would support other gametypes as well. Have you tested with anything but MLG slayer?

11. MatUK.8

MatUK.8 Ancient

Very good map, this map will stay on my HDD for aslong as I play Halo3

12. !nikheizen

!nikheizen Ancient

Turbo Gerbil's Take

Overall Enjoyment Playability Creativity Appearance Balance
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Overall- I am and have never been the biggest fan of MLG, sure, in Halo 2 I could BxR and double shot very well, but that was a necessity to win in matchmaking. However, I love this map, maybe it's because I got 18 kills and my team won by at least 10, but the flawless interlocking eliminated bumps in most cases. The amount of carbines to actually give you an choice between it and a BR is a refreshing change.

Enjoyment- This map was quite an enjoyable experience, the sheer tactical fun was enough to bring even the most addicting halo mini-game to it's knees.

Playability- No bumpy floors, no spawn-camping, sniper ledge with high accessibility and low cover, so no weapon camping, mid cover around mauler. There is nothing that causes this game to be redundant after multiple games.

Creativity- Nothing new here, it's a highly competitive oriented asymmetrical map, no innovations, a few cool features here and there, but you can expect that of most maps.

Appearance- Nearly flawless aesthetically, this map is beautiful, if players could skin maps, this would be one of the many that felt like a professionally created map.

Balance- This map is so perfectly balanced for an asymetrical map. For the first half of the game, I honestly thought I was playing on a symmetrical map. Until, of course, I noticed there was no sniper ledge in the other corner, the one peeve I have about this is that most of the combat is situated about the side with the sniper ledge.

Notes:

• [*]Great MLG map, can't imagine how good team oddball must be on this map.

[size=10pt]Discuss

13. JediWithASniper

JediWithASniper Ancient

The Furious Review

By: JediWithASniper

Here are my ratings and review.

Enjoyment: 8 out of 10

Balance: 8 out of 10

Durability: 8 out of 10

Aesthetics: 8 out of 10

Originality: 7 out of 10

This map may have a chance of competing with Different Level for one of the best MLG type maps I have played. This map was good to look at, fast to play, and required good strategy to stay alive for very long. However, in all it's glamour, it did suffer from a few slight problems. I believe that this map needed a few more team respawns that were more in the middle of the level. Also, this map had some equipment in it that was rather pointless, the plasma grenades were far too vast in number, and should replace the mauler as the coveted center weapon. With a few minor tweaks, this could prove to be one of the most competitive maps out there.

My Overall Rating Is: 8 out of 10

14. Duckman620

Duckman620 Ancient

looks pretty good for ffa oddball

15. St0weboarder

St0weboarder Ancient

looks awesome, very well done