MLG Impact

Discussion in 'Featured Maps' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Aug 23, 2008.

?

How would you rate this map

1. Poor

6.0%
  2. Okay

2.3%
  3. Average

3.8%
  4. Good

11.3%
  5. Great

76.7%
  1. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

MLG Impact
    Created by Kon Artist

Gametypes Supported:
    MLG
    FFA, TS, CTF, Koth and Ball
    Recommended Players:
    2-6

Setting a new standard for MLG maps, Impact gives players a superbly competitive environment whilst still managing to bring very interesting aesthetic qualities to the table, something rarely seen in MLG themed maps.

Its 4 base structure and resulting 4-way symmetry is a refreshing break from the 2 base MLG layout we see so much these days, not to mention the increased FFA potential. The variety of possible jumps and lines of sight is astounding, and movement around this map is a real joy, especially if you're a bit of a ninja. The angled walkways and surfaces fit seamlessly into competitive play whilst serving to provide very interesting lines of sight both across the map, and between the upper and lower floors. But this maps standout feature is arguably the bowl, an effective and attractive alternative to the standard MLG center structure, it links the 2 floors perfectly. Very well suited to the MLG gametypes, this map definitely works best with no motion trackers. If you only download one MLG map this summer, make it this one.

#1 Iv0rY Snak3, Aug 23, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2008
    dented_drum likes this.
  2. BASED GOD

BASED GOD Ancient
    Banned

This is literally the best MLG map I've seen, the interlocking is perfect, it looks good, it's original, and most importantly, it is well composed. You've got my DL.

3. The God of Grunge

Banned

Wow, this got featured fast. I love the layout, and would love to see a non MLG variant

dented_drum likes this.
  4. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

This looks like teh best mlg map ever made ever (so far). Congrats to you Kon Artist for making it. I'll be sure to download it and play it with my MLG friends. :)

5. redearth

redearth Ancient

Gratz on being a graduate and making it. When I saw this I knew it was going to be featured. I can't wait for the next map.

6. Darkdragon

Darkdragon Ancient

i like how it looks, but i probly wont DL as im trying to save my last slots for cops and robbers maps, but the interlocking looks perfect and looks fun, but from the pics im wondering if its a little short on cover

7. David 118

David 118 Ancient

This is the best MLG map ive seen in my opion because although MLG maps play well they always look a little dull to me but this one looks really cool.:shiver:

8. Elkan Viel

Elkan Viel Ancient

Lol yeah this is the most originalist MLG map ever, interlocking is awesome, and the gameplay looks really hectic. This is definately feature-worthy as some of the maps aren't but look good. 5/5

9. DeadeyeForge

DeadeyeForge Ancient

It might be the best looking MLG map out there, but do you people forget that MLG is about setting up on positions. I think maps like Hype are worthy of a feature. I guess this is, but, it's not MLG. When I played on this it felt like I could never kill anyone because the cover is so ridiculous. It's just like long chases, no setting up. People that like to play on these types of MLG maps are noobs, I'm sorry but it's true :).

10. Fritzster

Fritzster Silly Goose

Nice article =)

This map is a golden oldie and plays FFA extremely well. I'm sure Kon will be happy about this, man; he sure has an edge of design.

Kon Artist likes this.
  11. Linubidix

Linubidix Ancient

oh, wow. Great.

i didnt expect this to be featured, although I did want it to.
    One of the better 4 base maps I've seen in quite some time.

12. PUNJA

PUNJA Ancient

this map looks incredible.... i love the middle bowl looking thing

13. Nightfire

Nightfire Ancient

Oh wow, i'm not really into MLG games or maps but this map looks crazy good. I love the layout and accurate symmetry of it, awesomeness man!

14. GD27 BlueDevil

GD27 BlueDevil Ancient

This didn't get the attention it deserved on the foorums. I diddownload and everybody in the party had agreat time!

Cograts on the future! *Deserved*

15. CalassaNui47

CalassaNui47 Ancient

:surprise:mg:<- My reaction when I saw the first pic and nothing else. Excellent work. Too bad I don't have room on my harddrive for it.:cry:

16. colbster94

colbster94 Ancient

mlg impact ftw!

17. MetalDog84

MetalDog84 Ancient

Wow Site Changes, and A Sweet Map, You got my DL.

18. KB

KB Ancient

DANG!!!!! This map is so freaking awesome!!!! EPic win!!! WOW!!! I'm starting an MLG league and this will be a map used quite often

19. SVD Zero

SVD Zero Ancient

Very original design, everything is in order, and the interlocking is perfect. You have my dl on this one

20. Gollygeeanelite

Gollygeeanelite Ancient

Holy crap, true respect man! This map is Beautiful! The center design is awesome. I wouldn't mind playing this map in MLG matchmacking. You couldn't have made this any better. 5/5, and I WILL Download.