MLG MLG Construct

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by SparTan Ad1, Nov 8, 2010.

1. SparTan Ad1

SparTan Ad1 Ancient

Remake of MLG Construct

[​IMG]

Story:
    I decided to remake the Halo3 Map Construct after a view weeks when Reach was released. In the begining of Halo Reach I started with a Boarding Action remake but I stoped and started to build the first objects of my remake. It took me a lot of hours to get it were it is now. My testings of the map showed me everytime new parts to improve in forge. The most problem were the lifts. But thanks to a friend I could solve the problem very well I guess.
    I started at the bottom sword were the sniper is placed. Then the whole bottom of Construct. After the foundation stones were placed I pulled of the catwalk from the middle level to goldlift. The after some time the goldlift framework has been done. I finished the goldpart and moved on to the streets and stoped to first build the floating top mid plateform. In the end the open/close purple and the lobby and sword.
    After my first version of Construct was finished I started to test the map. In this testing games some friends told me to improve this or this part. And I think in the end it is a well made remake of Construct in MLG style!

The map itself: (you can click on the single parts of the map picture)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Parts; from left to right form top to bottom of the picture:
    (links for people who don't get it :D)
    Sword
    OpenPurple
    Lobby
    ClosePurple
    OpenStreet
    Midd
    CloseStreet
    Gold
    (if the images won't work tell me; in the picture of Gold there is a Custom PowerUp, its just not spawned yet in the screen)

Weapon- & spawn placement:
    The remake has the same spawn and weapon placement as the MLG Construct Version 8 of Halo3.

Gametypes:
    The gametypes for my remake were in the begining just Team Slayer and KOTH. But I wasn't able to figure out the right hill spawn order, so I added the Oddball GT for my Map. So sorry if the hills aren't working as in Halo3.

Thanks to:
    Killerkeks No 1
    xX EM1S Xx
    El Frosti
    RFL ya Homy
    xxKILlerHAUck85
    RFL | Sh4dow
    sPARTAnD4n1
    SparTan Fatifer

[​IMG]

peace and boing SparTan Ad1

2. Korlash

Korlash Remember Isao
    Forge Critic Senior Member

ah don't worry about trying to get KOTH to work. The spawn orders are broken in reach, they are impossible to get right.

I looked at the screenshots and DL'ed cause it looks pretty good. Though if i were you, i would embed the individual shots into this thread, but keep the H3 construct model still

3. XxDangerXlinexX

XxDangerXlinexX Forerunner

Great job! The map from what I can tell is a preety decent remake. However the atmosphere is kind of boring. However if you had budget problems

4. Bl0odshadow

Bl0odshadow Forerunner

Could you add a few more pictures? the one overview does not give me an overall impression of your remake :) if you could do that that would be great thanks!

5. SparTan Ad1

SparTan Ad1 Ancient

If you would read the whole thread you would realize that you can click on the construct layout to see some pics. And also underneath the layout there are the parts as links to pictures

6. Exile

Exile Forerunner

Nice and proper remake, feels quite natural when walking around on it.
    Although if possible, i would work on the lobby part a bit as its kind of out of scale and the corners are not accurate.

Working on a construct remake of my own, so nice to see someone else's :p will be hard to top yours.

7. SparTan Ad1

SparTan Ad1 Ancient

Yeah I know, the lobby and both purple side's are not that well remaked. But I have nothing left. I could only rebuilt some parts to save some money. But it will get worse at those parts I change.

Maybe I shouldn't have started with the bottom of the map. I like the bottompart the most because its almost a 1:1 rebuild. But as you can see the top is not so great.

Question to everyone:
    Is this remake so bad? Because it wasn't even in the top20 of the Remake Contest. And two other Construct remake made it on the 2th and 5th place I guess.