MLG Bleu Horizon

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by MekanicalZombie, May 6, 2008.

1. Tex

Tex Ancient

5/5 i really like the geo glitching & use of interlocking, also the 4 corners are amazing, great job dude

2. Esquisofrenic

Esquisofrenic Ancient

awsome map, but I would take the MLG out since you have a sword on there

3. American10

American10 Ancient

Hey it looks nice but you need some CREATIVITY!!It just is like a regular onld competitive map.

4. Tex

Tex Ancient

ah ya, i didn't even think about that, but i would have to agree with frenic on that, swords = a nono in mlg...

5. Altair4PM

Altair4PM Ancient

This looks very, very good.
    And i think the crates make the bases look gorgeous aesthetically...
    As 4 the sword, i dont like mlg [shock horror], so to me its a bonus!

6. MekanicalZombie

MekanicalZombie Ancient

Whats a double post? I'm kinda new to this.

7. LIGHTSOUT225

A double post is when you reply twice to a thread, back to back, without another post in between by someone else. You can use the Edit button next to your reply to edit the new content into that reply.

8. Draw the Line

Draw the Line Ancient

This map looks very impressive. Usually I'll recommend flipping bridges upside down in a map, but it looks good in this map. As for the boxes looking bad in a post above, they look perfectly fine. It seems as though people are looking very hard for things that are wrong in your map. Other than the post above regarding bridges being a little too far from walls it looks as though you have a great competitive map. I don't suppose you have non MLG weapons placed outside the map for us non MLG loving shlubs?

9. GoldenForger

GoldenForger Ancient

This looks really cool but may I say that you probably shoulkd have made a non mlg version
    Other than that this has got to be the most symetrical map iv seen this week

10. CaMOfo

CaMOfo Ancient

Everything is great, Im hyperventalated right now. This map is awesomely awesome. Very good job.

11. Gravedigger5454

Gravedigger5454 Ancient

This map looks good, although the weapons and such don't look like an MLG map.

12. LXV Grizzly

LXV Grizzly Ancient

wow, nobody even reads what he rights down he already stated why he chose a sword, he shouldnt have to repeat himself when its in the original post, but the map looks decent.

13. Novak

Novak Ancient

NOOO Ive been working on almost the same thing, geo-merged corner bases.... yours looks better than mine anyways, good job. Ill dl and see if its even worth it for me to keep working on mine.

14. Smoke1Drank9

Smoke1Drank9 Ancient
    Banned

people are easily impressed

15. II ZERO II

II ZERO II Guest

wow this is a great mlg mapi love this 5/5 i really like how its asymetrical i have to dl this i have never seen a really good MLG map thats asymetrical and plays good really good job =D

16. Iv0rY Snak3

Iv0rY Snak3 Ancient

orly? lights and gravedigger are not easily impressed (as far as i know) and this is a great map, infact an amazing map the only reason i was criticizing it is because it might be able to be improved, but i honestly believe it could get featured as it is.

and ZERO, it's symetrical, i don't know what you are on about, it even says in the description

please actually read the description next time.

#36 Iv0rY Snak3, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 7, 2008
  17. squidhands

squidhands Ancient

I'm really impressed by the layout of this map. Everything flows really nicely, with some nice lines of sight for that MLG-style of play. What really impresses me about this is the fact that you still have $1 left. Most maps like this are budget-glitched, and those have the tendency to be laggier than maps without it. Now I can put my one spike grenade on here, lol.

The only thing that is a potentially serious problem is the lack of respawn areas for objective games like CTF and Assault. Without team-designated respawn areas, the potential for an enemy to spawn near or at your base would totally kill a seriously competitive game. CTF has even more specific respawn areas for 'Flag Home' and 'Flag Away', and can really help with the flow of things. If you have any problems with setting those up, PM me and I'd be happy to lend my assistance.

Other than that I'm really digging this map. Excellent job and I'm excited to see a newer member bring such quality stuff to our little community!

18. SPAGETTII

SPAGETTII Ancient

Looks good but just sorta plain 4.5 out of five for good interlocking and nice polished look

19. dented_drum

dented_drum Ancient

Just went made a quick run-through of it. I'm impressed with the geo-merging and a few other merged sections that weren't necessary, but improved the look of it greatly.

On the wall where you block off the inner-room section of Foundry, there are gaps between the natural beam wall of the map, and your Fence Walls (second floor) that block you from getting out. The gaps aren't big enough to fit through, but they don't look very pretty at all. Normally, I wouldn't say anything, but the rest of the map was merged quite well and it pains me to see it ruined in one little section. I'll definitely playtest this some tonight.

20. Zap Happy

Zap Happy Ancient

This map is quite good. The interlocking is well done and the map looks very nice. I think it will play even better than it looks though. Keep up your good work.

Edit: Said 'nice' twice.

#40 Zap Happy, May 7, 2008
    Last edited: May 8, 2008