Sandbox MLG Agonize

Discussion in 'Halo 3 MLG Maps' started by Urban Myth, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

MLG Agonize, my first MLG map. Agonize is designed for small FFA but also functions for 2v2 to 4v4 matches. This is also, I believe, the first MLG map located in the dunes.​

Weapons
    • 4 Battle Rifles​
    • 2 Carbines​
    • 1 Sniper​
    • 1 Custom Power-up​
    • 4 Plasma Grenades​
    Overview

[​IMG]

Red Spawn
    [​IMG]
    Red Hall
    [​IMG]
    Red Window
    [​IMG]
    Blue Spawn
    [​IMG]
    Blue Hall
    [​IMG]
    Blue Window
    [​IMG]
    Main Entrance to Blue side
    [​IMG]
    Distant Shot
    [​IMG]

And for those of you non MLG fans, I have a non MLG version.​

#1 Urban Myth, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  2. Phenomenal

Phenomenal Ancient

Finally you posted it! I played this map a few weeks ago and it had incredibly balanced and fun gameplay. And may I also say the aesthetics on this map are flawless-everything is placed so perfectly and every structure/window helps balance and spice up gameplay. I can't believe you have so much time and talent to make all these maps Urban but they all turn out so good. 9/10

3. Shenanigans.nom

Shenanigans.nom Ancient

This looks really interesting....in a good way. Now correct me if im wrong but isnt this the first MLG map in the dunes of sandbox. I personally think its a great idea but i dont know what other people will think. I also think that you have a problem of getting out of the map.In your second picture ( including the title pic) it looks like you can just grenade jump from the center platform with the double block sticking out of it onto the t looking wall structure and out of the map or onto the walls. You could also simply have a team member help you jump out which is a big no no for MLG. I suggest putting on a roof but i could be stupid and wrong. other than that great 9/10.

Oh and it looks like all the walkways flow smoothly which is nice for once.
    And your dl links dont work. Im using google chrome so it could be the browser but it just takes me to a blank page.

#3 Shenanigans.nom, Nov 29, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2009
  4. simonstwin

simonstwin Ancient

A decent map by the looks of the screenshot, although I cannot download. Would you mind checking the links?
    In the mean time... I think that there might be a few possibilities to getting out of the map.

5. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

I fixed the links, sorry about the confusion.

6. Xang

Xang Ancient

This looks really amazing, took a while to post this map here but it really does look great. The design looks great and im sure it plays well, I also really like how you used the tube pieces, top notch!

7. Meteor

Meteor Ancient

Very, very nice. People are starting to capitalise on the use of ghost merging and out-of-the-ordinary positions for their maps. You have a download from me.

8. Farbeef

Farbeef Forerunner

this is the best MLG map ive seen in a while o_0
    i especially like your use of the wood pieces usually it bothers me because it doaent fit in with the stone look of sandbox maps but not here :) i rate 4.8/5
    i also like how you used the dunes as part of your map reminds me of utah mambo

9. kooljon92

kooljon92 Ancient

wow the first map in the dunes that is super balanced and well placed. very outstanding job my friend. in a v2 maybe consider making it a little larger with some sharp corners and what not. all around great map, not even sure you need to make a v2

10. ImI METAL ImI

ImI METAL ImI Ancient

This map was great fun when you showed it to me, even with just a handful of people. Cool layout, shweet aesthetics, innovative aspects. Not much else one can ask for in an MLG map. Great work, glad you released it.

11. SMGstrings

SMGstrings Forerunner

I'll be running some customs on this sometime today or tomorrow if time allows.

12. Urban Myth

Urban Myth Ancient

Did you ever have a chance to play? If so, can you leave some feedback? I'm curious to know what I need to take a look at if anything is wrong with it.

13. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night
    Forge Critic Senior Member

After a few play-tests, here's my comments.

The map itself is nice, and very well forged. I love how many of your tunnels turn back on themselves.

The center dune-area is very cool, with some beautiful aesthetics, but it plays somewhat awkwardly. I see the dilemma though. Your current setup is made to provide the necessary cover, but it limits a lot of mobility. Unfortunatly, I don't see how to fix this. :/

otherwise, the map is fantastic, and I'd love to see another map with this style from you, just not in the dunes. Great job, man.