Foundry Mini-Mart

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Aesthetic Maps' started by Forgerator, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Forgerator

Forgerator Forerunner

Mini-Mart

Greetings viewers.

Unfortunately I have been victim to two misfortunes. Twice I typed up a detailed explanation of this map, my first upload to forgehub. Twice my computer froze.

As my patience has waxed thin, I will not procede to re-describe this map in detail.

This is a halo 3 map. Please do not procede to lecture me, reinforcing the opinion 'Halo 3 is ancient, Halo reach is best'. I'm banned from buying more games. Yes, I know that sounds 'stupid', but it's the truth. If you want to purchase reach for me, I'd be ecstatic.

I am content with Halo 3 forge for now, it still holds much potential.

Basically, this is a representation of a two-storey shopping centre. Nearly all un-movable objects are ghost-glitched. The aligning of ghost-glitched object was 'horrifiddly' at least. The aligning would not have been possible without the help of a second controller, which when signed in, gave me a second view of the 'placing'.

Please note this map is still 'young'and I am aware the elevator has some issues. I am working on fixing these issues. Since I've mostly used my own concepts I've encountered due to experimenting, I'm not 'in the know' in relation to every forge feature. There are the issues of 'no teleporting' and double crate glitching (during play) that I've noticed in particular.

If you have any ingenious inspirations to share about anything I can do to improve the elevator (or just other features), please do share.

Enough text.
    I'm sure you desire more immersive content.
    So here come the pictures.

[​IMG]

Overall view​

[​IMG]

Enter Mini-Mart.​

[​IMG]

Exit Mini-Mart​

[​IMG]

Another external view. I'm not sure If the overshields, shield doors, soccer ball and man cannons look delightful or inappropriate.​

[​IMG]

First floor view. I liked the light. Kind of. Could you guess that thing was a checkout? Probably not.​

[​IMG]

Its a toilet. Best I could do. Halo 3 forge does not offer much variety in terms of everyday items (for normal people). I guess the chief is too cool to go potty. Probably got an inbuilt 'toilet' in his suit that desinagrates the waste and releases it as gas. But then we have to consider the fact that he does'nt eat/drink either.​

Download Map Variant Here:

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=121425206

Download Infection Variant Here:

http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserContentDetails.aspx?h3fileid=121425221

(I'm not completly sure if it works well with infection)

Hope you enjoy my first upload, though its not a reach map. I could do more with reach, but I don't have it.

If you care to spend a minute, you might want to check out my site:

http://forgefever.webs.com/

(That's not spamming is it?)

~ Forgerator ~

#1 Forgerator, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  2. Madpond

Madpond Forerunner

i would love to see a video of it ,overall great mini mart going to make one in reach,btw nice elevator!!!
    [​IMG]

#2 Madpond, Dec 11, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  3. Forgerator

Forgerator Forerunner

I will do that.
    Thanks very much for your input.
    ~Forgerator~