Mineral

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Yobo, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Well, how do I fix the jetpacking problem?

2. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

Like I said, I dont think it is possible to without changing the entire map.

3. NobleForger

NobleForger Forerunner

Solution: Put a soft battlefield barrier on the top of the map, problem solved, just a quick edit.

4. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Thanks man.

5. Soul Slasher

Soul Slasher Forerunner

No don't do that. It's meant for classic slayer anyway, hence why the evade is on the map.

6. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Well I tested this map alot of times, and I haven't had that problem since the first version of this with higher railings, well if this map really does have the problem, I might release a newer version of it.

7. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

8. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Thanks Oli, awesome vid.

9. CyborgAnthro

CyborgAnthro Forerunner

I remember playing this in its early form and I really like what it developed into. I like the power weapon choices, especially the dual grenade launchers. This is also one of a few maps that successfully uses lights without lag so I applaud you for that. My only suggestion would be to help out the lower area of the map a little more. Where the spiker is, have you considered putting a lift that would land you up on the rocket platform? That way players who spawn on that lower side woudn't have to run from the pit side and perform all the jumps that players from the already advantageous high ground have to do. Just an idea. Anyways very solid map and congrats on the fhf!

10. omegawontons

omegawontons Forerunner

im glad this one made a featured map. the other two i didnt like so much, but this one was a great map. i played this earlier today and it was pretty fun!

hope to see more from yah!

11. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Thanks, I was thinking about making a bigger version for this.

12. ASSASSINinWH1TE

ASSASSINinWH1TE Ancient

Great looking map, the lighting works very well and the tac jumps are fantastic. I think tac jumps in general really show there was a lot of thought put into the map. the rocks are used very tastefully on this map and the objects are colored tastefully as well. Good job man.

13. zocho

zocho Forerunner

Spectacular map, i absolutely adore the map, its a shame that your pictures dont show the map well, they are kind of dull and dont really pop to the viewer, but guaranteed anyone that looks at this map in forge will love it, as well as playing on it. really love the simplicity of the rocket spawn, and how the rocks meld with the 3x3 shorts great idea, keep it up cant wait to see more

14. Oli The G

Oli The G Forerunner

so glad for you this got a sticky :D

15. Frozenlynx

Frozenlynx Forerunner

I really gotta get a game on this. Lots of people are saying good things and the last time I played it was only so-so. I know you're very receptive to feedback, so no doubt this map has really stepped it up since whatever version I saw.

16. wpcubs

wpcubs Forerunner

I really like this map because of its orginality and visual appeal but there are a few things I would consider changing.

1. The rocks sticking out of the halls. I know it provides cover, but the lines of sight would be better without them.

2. I really like the rocket jump idea, but I think the pillars give top-middle too much cover. Is there any way you can keep the jump and take out cover?

17. PA1NTS

PA1NTS Promethean
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Great job man. I like the yellow middle base