Mineral

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Yobo, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Mineral

[​IMG]

Map

Mineral is a 2v2 symmetrical map that is also compatible with 1v1 slayer. This map ecourages players to use tactical jumps to get to a higher ground,
    as well as gaining a height advantage.

Gameplay

With interesting height variations and plenty of cover, this map is bound to give you a wonderful slaying experience. Mineral is a fast paced map that encourages players to rush for the power weapons. For all those who loves explosive weapons,
    this is the right map for you, I guarantee you.

Weapon list

2x Grenade Launchers
    1x Rocket Launcher
    1x Spiker
    2x Plasma Grenades
    1x Dmr
    2x Needle Rifle
    2x Magnum
    3x Health pack
    1x Evade

Feature
    Thanks to the coummunity, this map has been featured as a FHF winner.

Gametypes

This map is currently compatible with the following gametypes:
    Slayer
    Headhunter
    Oddball
    Capture The Flag
    Stockpile
    King of the Hill

To bring out the full potential of the map, I suggest using these custom made gametypes.

CTF Dmrs
    Slayer Dmrs

Special Thanks

X2Sora - For adding spawn zones and setting up the spawn system
    Oli The G - For the awesome video.
    Burning1nwater - For admiring the map, and testing my previous maps.
    Itz Longshot - For the wonderful pics.
    The Tester Guild - For improving my map with the feedbacks

And thanks to the
    Testers who took their time to test this map
    X2Sora
    xAudienceofone
    Burning1nwater
    Frozenlynx
    Eightball
    I3ush
    AceOfSpades0707
    Mr. H1dden
    Poolio
    Virus11010
    Fluffy Cushions
    Equinox
    Noble Forger

Message me if I happen to leave your name out.

Enough talk, now for some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Video

Download and enjoy,
    feedback and comments would be appreciated,
    but most of all don't forget to

[​IMG]

#1 Yobo, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  2. I3ush

I3ush Forerunner

Bigger pictures, bro. Also, you're thumbnail needs to be unedited.

Anyways, I really like this map. I've tested it a ton of times, and I can tell you spent a lot of work tweaking this. Although I don't enjoy the gameplay much since I've played it too much, it's still a great map. Good work. :)

3. Sugar

Sugar Forerunner

The screenshots and editing does not give this map the great creative feeling you have here sinless. Lots of nice structures and rock textures. Rocket spawn is simple yet very creative with a well planned symmetrical styling easy to remember. Nice choice of weapons and amazing aesthetics. Unbelievable how beautiful this map is but considering the size, I am not a fan of playing this map. It looks great for 1v1, I cannot say 2v2 will smoothly play however and anything above that will be nearly impossible, obviously you know this but I am more of a team slayer player. Great 1v1 map either way so I have to give this a well deserved nomination next fhf.

4. iTz Longshot

iTz Longshot Ancient

So it seems that people aren't liking your pictures...I would have to agree. I've seen this map a couple times back in the "forge Discussion" thread, and I did like what I saw. If you want, I'm more than willing to make some screen shots for you and edit them. My work examples can be found in my map threads.

I really like the Rocket location. Awesome risk/reward. I tried something like that before and it didn't work out for me, but it seems like you pulled it off. I'm going to DL and try this out with some friends. Nicely done bro.

5. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

sure, that would be great

6. black master

black master Forerunner

Bigger pictures please, I can't see very well.

7. Poolio

Poolio Forerunner

Anyways, I was one of thoe testers of the map.

In the Tester's guild, did you fix that jetpack problem? Anyways, nice map and whoever doesn't DL a map because the thread doesn't look good, should go piss themselves in a corner and be stamped with the word NOOB...

This map is amazing, believe me, and has gone through several several days of testing and critiqueing.

#7 Poolio, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  8. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Thanks longshot, I really appreciate you helping me with the pics.

9. Mr H1dden

Mr H1dden Forerunner

Oh my. I do recall testing this, as well as a rather frustrating Race gametype afterwords. My name should be up there, by the way!

I also recall the frustration of the gameplay. Or was the frustration caused by being "out-DMR'd" the entire game? Probably the latter. Anywho, onto the map. I've been in love with this one since you put the preview up. There's something about the Evade hallway that always sparked my interest. When testing this, I found the flow to be incredible. The map is clean, well-thought out, and enjoyable. Well done.

I can't wait to see what you come out with next, Sinny. :)

10. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Thanks, and sorry for not mentioning your name up there, I will make a note of that.

11. I3ush

I3ush Forerunner

I was the one "out-DMRing" you the entire game. :)

Also, nice pictures. And I just noticed the changes you've made, and I really like them. We should get a game on here when I get back from vacation. And you can show me Volatile.

12. hollow123

hollow123 Forerunner

This is an amazingly large improvement from your last maps. I like this map on how it wraps itself around the rock structures. Speaking of which I find it cool how you were able to give rocks more purpose practically than aesthetically. The map holds a great mood with it to on how you feel trapped underground in this area with the colors and placement of everything! This is a large improvement to perfection, but nothings ever perfect so problems I did find were that no matter what if your higher than the other then you'll win. Weapon placement is great, but it seems that it was placed more aesthetically then practically. Overall though this map is great at the aesthetics and map form, but weapons are will overpower if your higher than others. So I guess here's the basic forms:
    - If your higher than the other person then you'll ALWAYS win (not really a bad thing if that's what you wanted).
    + The mood and feel of the map seems all correct and just right, you feel your there.
    + Practicality before aesthetics, the rocks have more purpose than just looks.
    + The map moves freely and openly in areas for all forms of combat.

13. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

actually, this map encourages players to jump and get to a higher ground to get an advantage, but its not guaranteed.

14. X2Sora

X2Sora Halo 3 Era

Having tested this map several times with you I can safely say it has improved substantially, and has become in my opinion your best map yet. The way you incorporated risk and reward into the map naturally is really nice. This especially shines in rocket spawn and evade hallway, though the spiker spawn has a really nice risk v. reward in CTF. The increase in your size of the map is definitely an improvement from your last maps, but you still manage to keep fast paced gameplay. My only real complaint about the map would have to be the amount of nade chucking that happens in evade hallway, but I suppose it is needed in order to implement the risk vs. reward. Well good job on this one Sinlesss can't wait to see more, and remember if you ever need a tester feel free to invite me.

15. NobleForger

NobleForger Forerunner

Me,, Virus11010, and Fluffy Cushions tested the map. Equinox did something seperate to though.

16. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Ok, sorry for not mentioning you guys in the credits, I have a bad memory. I will add you to the credits.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

It would be great if someone could make a video for this thread, help would be appreciated.

#16 Yobo, Aug 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  17. Soul Slasher

Soul Slasher Forerunner

I have render minutes, so I can upload... put a film on your FileShare.

Anyway, mineral is a pretty fun map and is great if you love CQC. The Rockets and GL are nice additions, as well as the evade. The jumps are a fun twist.

18. neverendinghalo

neverendinghalo Forerunner

i got a chance to play this split screen and play XBL and it whent well and my friends really liked it probly one of my favorite maps on reach it was fun.

19. Yobo

Yobo Forerunner

Thanks Soul Slasher, you can send the link to me using pm, I will be sure to mention you in the credits

Thanks crazyman for your compliment.

20. Audienceofone

Audienceofone Forerunner

A beautiful, fun, and interesting map to say the least. The one problem is jetpackers, as they have an advantage of movement, but I dont think that with your design this can be fixed.

I was fortunate enough to see this map many times and the layout and use of tactical jumps really changes how Halo Reach is played here. Normally we are given ramps or stairs to traverse inclines, but in Mineral using tactical jumps can lead to a victory in battle, getting to the evade in a different way, or being first to the powerful yet somehow not overpowered Rocket Launcher. My one complaint (aside the jetpacks) is that I dont feel the Grenade Launcher belongs here, but that's just my weird weapon sense.