Minecraft Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CaMOfo, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Em0srawk

Em0srawk Forerunner

Indeed, I call it the golden **** and balls theory :p

2. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

it's like using a gameshark, cool for about a week and then you realize all of your games are the opposite of fun.

i dont see how this game could get old playing it and building **** in survival mode. especially with other people on a server. build farms and factories, mass produce. the possibilities are endless. make an exact replica of Seattle from scratch or something. lol.

3. Em0srawk

Em0srawk Forerunner

Me and my friend just finished a small Minecart tunnel and track, it took forever (several hours in total) but it was totally worth not having to walk for about a minute!

4. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

I'm doubting pistons, I remember something in the blog about the dude that's doing pistons being away, so it was pushed forward...

Also, 1.6 is apparently going to be mainly bug fixes.

EDIT: Checked again, turns out Maps are being added, and the nether is being added to SMP.

#2784 Neoshadow, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  5. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

I would play legit had that been an option but that structure is hella too big to make legit.
    Now what's "Not fun" is taking like 2 months getting the resources for a puzzle. :S I play legit ssp when I'm not building huge structures, and yes if you were wondering that is going down 124 blocks down. and it only goes down 5 each time so... it is unreasonable to go and spend 2 months of my life gathering the resources. KThxBai

6. CHUCK

CHUCK Why so serious?

why do you even play minecraft?

7. Rorak Kuroda

Rorak Kuroda Up All Night
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Minecraft is a sandbox game. People find their entertainment in it for different reasons. Personally, I really survival multiplayer, but not free-build multiplayer. However, I love to turn on peaceful mode during single player and just build and gather ****. People play it for different reasons.

8. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

For many reasons, A to be able to manipulate a world and create, amazingly enough why I forge. B to have fun trying not to get blown up by creepers and getting coal on the first night to survive. If you had not read what you quoted, I clearly said I play Legit on ssp. That is just a puzzle project that I want to make, which again, I stated that I didn't want to spend 2 months to gather enough resources for something that I didn't intend to try to survive on. This is not my main world obviously enough.

I've just been out of the minecraft mood these days, as most of the people I know who have minecraft haven't been able to get on or just don't want to.

9. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

On the Miningbros server, one of the admins is making a full sized COLLISEUM. That's over 2 million blocks, I do believe. Nothing you make will be that big.

10. Klaydude11

Klaydude11 Ancient

How'd you get it perfectly slanted?

11. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

Take a break, don't overdo something and it won't dull out.

12. QKT

QKT Ancient

my private server, only on when im on, dont crowd dont grief or you will be banned etc.

13. Furry x Furry

Furry x Furry Ancient

We should exchange Skype names or something. Send me a VM if you get on.

#2793 Furry x Furry, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  14. A Legit Taco

A Legit Taco Forerunner

Lolwut

My structure is going to be much, much bigger. From 4 blocks above bedrock to the sky limit. The structure's top area is 25x25 then goes diagonal 5 blocks and then straight 5 blocks and repeats this until it touches the ground. There is actually 2 layers of this, the block layer and the Slopes layer. Plus its going to be full of puzzle and traps. Do the Math.

[br][/br]
    Edited by merge:

Yes I've been switching between survival, my project, and my server.
    Beats then placing block after block in the same order.

#2794 A Legit Taco, May 10, 2011
  15. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

He really survival multiplayer.

All day long.

I've been getting lots of challenge maps and the like from www.planetminecraft.com. It's a great site too.

EDIT: Just found this site, it's a lot like the wiki, just with more information and good guides..and stuff: http://minecraftopia.com/

EDITEDIT: Found an awesome skin creator/editor, browser based. It's the easiest thing to use to create skins: http://minecraft.novaskin.me/

#2795 Neoshadow, May 10, 2011
  16. Klaydude11

Klaydude11 Ancient

When I start up my server the blocks can't be destroyed. Why is this?

17. QKT

QKT Ancient

spawn protection, go in to server properties you should see a line that defines the protection area size.

18. Klaydude11

Klaydude11 Ancient

I flew out a very far distance and can't destroy anything, I don't think it's the spawn thing.

#2798 Klaydude11, May 10, 2011
  19. Neoshadow

Neoshadow Forerunner

Are you sure it isn't spawn protection? We had to move FAR from our spawn to build our servers city.

20. Noxiw

Noxiw Ancient

I meant take a break from MineCraft all together... do something else.