Metropolis

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Pablodius, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Pablodius

Pablodius Forerunner

First attempt at making a proper multiplayer map that is compatible with most gametypes. Thought I'd throw it out there and get some feedback, positive or negative.

The map is based around a city square, inspired by some of the environments from Halo ODST. Enjoy!

[​IMG]
    View from red team bridge.

[​IMG]
    Tank spawn area.

[​IMG]
    Central podium.

[​IMG]
    Bird's eye view of the main area.

[​IMG]
    View from sniper outpost.

#1 Pablodius, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. hallowhead1

hallowhead1 Forerunner

you need to add pictures for this be up to forge hub standards.

3. Pablodius

Pablodius Forerunner

Hey thanks for the heads up, have added a few screenshots.

4. Dratical

Dratical Forerunner

If you want this to be tested head to the TRC Guilds in the Official Hub Activity Section.
    It's a really nice map and if you want feedback just post it in the Test Requests or the Review Hub.

5. UhDuhImWinning

UhDuhImWinning Forerunner

Love The Outlook Of the map. Sure would be an awesome map for Crazyking ^_^

6. PhantomStrike

PhantomStrike Forerunner

uh... good map and it deserves to be in asthetics as well this is definetly one of the best maps I've seen so far on this map for competitive maps but a wraith is too powerful for a map this size, if you want to balance too your map you might want to make it bigger with more vehicles like warthogs and ghosts or just entirely replace the wraith with a vehicle with weaker attack such as a wart hog, revenant, ghost, or rocket hog. Keep the work up!

7. DominationQ

DominationQ Forerunner

I like it! Especially the wraith in the center, reminds of Terminal from H2 (and my map that I just posted lol.) I can definitely see the ODST influence as well. I'll dl and take a look around sometime.
    Edit: Well I took a look around and the map really does look good. Aesthetically it does make me think alot of ODST's streets, though I'm predicting some crazy framerate lag in splitscreen. There are also no kill or safe volumes, though the only way people would be escaping is with jetpack, but it's still sort of a necessity for some boundaries. Also some minor changes I'd suggest are to phase the sandbags around the high turret down a bit to give it a bit better range, maybe kick some of the respawn times up on the power weapons, maybe edit some clip sizes (6 Rockets is a bit much for one launcher,) and get rid of that glass cover in the one garage area, it's just in the way.

#7 DominationQ, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011