Metroid Reach

Discussion in 'Reach Mini Game Maps' started by smasherx, Feb 7, 2012.

1. smasherx

smasherx Promethean

METROID REACH
    Created by smasherx (GT: Cox Bo)

Map Description
    Based on the Metroid Prime games, Metroid Reach is an atmospheric platforming adventure map. Upgrade Samus' suit and weapons to help her reach her ship and escape! For extra immersion, play as a female Spartan.

FIG. 1: Do-Da-Do-Do-DOOOOOO-DOOOOO
    [​IMG]

Two friends who tested the map took about 45 minutes each on their first playthrough.

I just finished this map today so any feedback would be appreciated. I look forward to making more "adventure" maps of this style. Enjoy!

2. bullet2thehead9

bullet2thehead9 Promethean

The idea of making a puzzle based on another game is neat but next post I would recommend adding more pictures so people can get an idea about what the map looks like for each piece of the puzzle.

3. smasherx

smasherx Promethean

good thinking, I'll add several pictures later today.

I was thinking that it would be more interesting to play the map and uncover the different areas for yourself.

#3 smasherx, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
  4. YogoGamer

YogoGamer Promethean

I recently downloaded and played through the map, I have to say, it was very entertaining! It was very much like a metroid game, IE not being able to cross the pit before getting the Sprint upgrade. Also, gimmicks such as sticky ceiling and shield doors really made playing it a good experience. I'd love to see a sequel, only longer. This one was a bit short, but that's my only complaint. Good job!

5. smasherx

smasherx Promethean

Thank you, the reason it isn't longer is because of budget constraints. There is 0$ left to spend on the map. I'm trying to decide now if I should make a Metroid sequel or a new original adventure game.