Metroid Prime

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by CheezeWiz, Feb 16, 2011.

1. CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz Forerunner

[​IMG]

I've been working on this one for awhile, didn't really try on this one, too busy trying to fix up my other one called Bang Bang and playing Metroid Prime =p. Please comment and criticize nicely.

2. Monolith

Monolith Ancient

Again, low quality, but at least it isn't distorted. I don't see why the quality is so grainy and pixelated.. are you exporting in PNG (or at least JPEG)? or is it your stock is low q? I think your major thing would be to try and up the quality because it's very distracting.

Otherwise, I like the color scheme, although some areas seem a bit too bright like to the left of the helmet. Umm... I'm not seeing much depth, but that could just be me :/

Overall, getting better, keep practicing

#2 Monolith, Feb 17, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  3. CheezeWiz

CheezeWiz Forerunner

Is there any techniques in upping quality? If so please tell me. If most of my stocks are low quality, do you care to show me somewhere I can get higher quality stocks/renders. I think it was grainy, because I had over-sharpened it. I tried to un-sharpen an blur it a bit. Here is the result.[​IMG]

4. Halo Orlando

Halo Orlando Ancient

First thing is ALWAYS get stocks that are relatively huge in comparison to the canvas you are working with. This prevents the low quality.

Never oversharpen. If it looks oversharpened, undo the sharpening.

The background looks like you upped the contrast too far, with the colors being splotches of very saturated pockets.

The girl is moderately blended in, though the effects overwhelm everything else even on the focal.

Flow is missing, there is no movement in the piece.

Basically the main problem is that you went overkill with everything. The effects are in NO way subtle, which just pushes it in your face.