Merging Movable Objects With Map Geometry

Discussion in 'Halo and Forge Discussion' started by Iv0rY Snak3, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Y35 <3

Y35 <3 Ancient

The wall thing is the easiest part, you dont even have to support the sides, just plop it down and sink it in.
    Anway, just stopped by to say I USED THIS TODAY
    thanks for finding this...again

2. jpitty

jpitty Ancient

If everyone watched my video they would know this. =)

3. Hoff

Hoff Ancient

You need to grab it so that the spawn moves underground. The spawn point being underground, keeps it down. Also, could you explain your problem with step 7 more clearly.

And it isn't Ivory's method, its mine. Ivory just posted it in the Forging 101.

4. charger89

charger89 Ancient

oooooo my bad :p well from Ninja's tut.....step 7...i can get under the level in monitor form but once i see the fence i put down.....i die by the Guardian for some reason.....now the funny thing is... if i try this in the middle of the level of foundry (where you can see pipes and what not) it works perfectly....i dont die or anything............

5. extreme 96

extreme 96 Ancient

once you have the object merged with the map geometry can you merge it with immovible objects?

6. M.Jelleh

M.Jelleh Ancient

I don't think so, but it is worth trying. Like if you merged a grav lift, you could set it to not spawn at start and then make it spawn and the grav lift would still go through. I don't know about vehicles and other stuff. They might spaz out or just go up.

7. A HAM5TER

A HAM5TER Ancient

I understand how to sink it in...I dont understand the other steps that involve the wall. :mad:

8. jpitty

jpitty Ancient

Like I said earlier, follow the steps in my youtube tutorial. The link is in my signature.

9. Echo SQ Leader

Echo SQ Leader Ancient

this will be so helpful..........thanks whoever found this out

10. sangheili dude

sangheili dude Ancient

This is a good toturial and it helped me make my maps and always will :happy:

11. Olaberas

Olaberas Ancient

Many thanks

I think this has been one of the most helpful tutorials I have read. Not only does this technique allow you to merge movable objects, but it allows you to merge immovable objects past their "fall through" barrier. I don't know how many hours I have spent in frustration trying to get that little bit extra pushed through without it disappearing. Thank you very much.

12. mastergod566

mastergod566 Ancient

Very awsome and i have a question.Is there any way to merge to moveable objects together?1 time when me and my guest did the troop hog glitch on the pit and i had this crazy idea to put a turret on the troop hog to make it look cooler and i thought it wasnt going to work but when my guest drove the turret stayed on amazingly!I dont know how it happened but it was only once that i did that.So if there is a way to merge to moveable objects put a tut!!

13. Bloo Jay

Bloo Jay Ancient

wow man thanks for the post it helped alot

that would be really awsome but i dont know of any way to do it

ivory snake your like the coolest on forge hub

Please take this argument to PMs, I can't stand the spam.

#73 Bloo Jay, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2008
  14. Hamstring07

Hamstring07 Ancient

Woah. This is so awesome! First it was interlocking, the geo merging and now an even better geo merging!

15. cB fROm aK

cB fROm aK Ancient

Alright, I'm giving this a test run, and every time the doors push the wall under the map, The wall dissappears as soon as it gets under there. I know this question may have been asked before, But what am I doing wrong? If someone could help me out, That'd be greatly appreciated.

16. SVV33T SAUC3

SVV33T SAUC3 Ancient

Thnx this will help alot!

17. AgileDan92

AgileDan92 Ancient

Thank you so much for posting this. I've been looking for a way to merge crates with the ground on foundry for a map i've been working on. THANK YOU.

18. JSlayer7

JSlayer7 Ancient

This technique is great! My only problem is that once I'm under the map, occassionally, I actually can't see the wall I merged under the map or the movable object I want to merge (they disappear). Any suggestions about this?

19. mrgregsux

mrgregsux Ancient

Thanks, it's is useful to me.

20. Beyond Skill198

Beyond Skill198 Ancient

Interesting, you have to push yourself underground... A video tutorial would be really nice but this explained it pretty well. Thanks for the good guide. I was very confused on how to do this.