Megaton

Discussion in 'Reach Competitive Maps' started by Sidd, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Sidd

Sidd Ancient

Megaton – Fallout: Reach Map Recreation Project

Semi-Drachinima Trailer:
    YouTube - megaton

At last, it is finally up for grabs via file share through my live account.

Here are the links:

Megaton Invasion:
    Bungie.net : Halo Reach : File Details

Megaton Inv. Gametype:

Megaton Canvas:

Pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Blog:
    Damn, I never thought it would actually be enough to create such a huge map, but it shows the power of how much stuff can be utilized in Halo: Reach Forge. This project was started in early October when I was browsing around Forge World when I saw a puddle in the middle of Blood Gulch area. It’s amazing that this puddle was the start of how I can up with the idea to create Megaton in Reach. However, creating a map of that scale and magnitude took quite the effort to get it right to my liking as well as in terms of the budget of 10000 in game money. Towards the end I used literally everything up to create this invasion map and pretty proud of the results based on the limitations provided.

I had a few helping hand with the development of this map. I would greatly thank ONmedz for the specific insights as well as utilization of the whole map by the means of man cannons and other fun details. Couldn’t have done it without ya. <3

I very special thanks to Halosavior007 for his excellent voice acting talent and helping hand for providing me with xbox live again. You the man Brah! Without you, this release couldn’t have been made. <3

Enjoy, and join the good fight against the Mirelurks! Or…be the Mirelurk and crush the humans!

#1 Sidd, Nov 25, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  2. HLG Scemo

HLG Scemo Forerunner

Wow I love the bomb in the puddle And The blog post is also nice too. I dont even like Fallout 3 but I have seen this level and It looks ALOT like it nice job.Definitly a Dl.

3. hunEtER0121773

hunEtER0121773 Forerunner

really cool mp

4. firedrone8

firedrone8 Forerunner

dude, you should really make machinima's, that video was so cool. I really wanted it to go on. the map looks really good. but the rocket launcher is too close to the falcon for it to be anit vehicle. i could just take it and fly the falcon, and be unstoppable.

5. Detr1us

Detr1us Forerunner

Utterly epic! one question how did ya make the water pool in the middle of the map, and the flashing yellow light?

6. Sidd

Sidd Ancient

Thank you very much! :3

Thanks brah! :D

I do make machinima, check out "Suicidal Heroes" and tell your friends about it too! ^^

The puddle is part of the map on forgeworld and if you check out the special FX section in forge mode with all the lighting option, you will see flashing red or yellow light to choose from. think it was $250 in-game money

7. Titmar

Titmar Le Mar du Teet

your presentation in the video definitely earned you a download from me.
    i was drawn into the map, as if it felt like a whole new world you were taking us to.
    you did a great job on that.

i will return with gameplay feedback once i have a chance to test it,
    but i wanted to comment anyway to say this:

you should add more details to the thread.
    explain how the map actually works and plays.
    explain what happens and what players do in each phase, where they go, etc
    give a list of weapons and vehicles on the map, their number, and their respawn times.

also, with the machinima background you have, you could probably shoot a great video of some actual gameplay as well. you should.

8. Sidd

Sidd Ancient

First, I would like to start by saying thank you very much for taking interest in this map! <3

Can't wait to hear about your feedback after you have tested it out.

Your right about that, I should have explained how the gametype works, well might as well explain it right here and now:

Story Side: Mirelurks are seeking new energy source to power their underwater city and plan to raid Megaton to extract the core from the adam bomb.

Gametype: Invasion - Mirelurks vs. Outcast Brotherhood of Steel (Elites vs. Spartans)

Two teams of Elites will start from the vault entrance with a bomb. One team of Elites will start by where the water is.

All three spartan teams will start inside the town of megaton.

Phase 1 -
    Elites will have to detonate a bomb in 1 of the 4 locations in order to disable the shield barrier to get into megaton. Spartans are allowed to go out of the city during phase one, but will be stuck outside.

Phase 2 - Elites infiltrate Megaton and now must extract the core from the adam bomb. Spartans will need to defend it at all costs.

Phase 3 - Elites must carry the bomb to the water and escape to go home. Spartans must defend before they jump into the water.

Custom Weapons System:
    I absolutely hate the default layout and how overpowering some weapons maybe over another. Example, Covenant Sniper sucks compared to Human Sniper. And considering its a Fallout 3 theme, I decided this:

Both sides will be equal in distribution of granades and weapons.

Both sides will be enabled to choose from 5 perks and equal weapon selection.

In phase 2 - Both sides will have 1 sniper rifle and 1 rocket launcher drop. It does NOT
    respawn, choose wisely who can snipe or use rockets well. Since those weapons can not respawn, there is extra ammo.

In phase 3 - Both sides will get The Falcon. The Banshee is too overpowering. This game will require teamwork to win.

Respawn time is set to 5 seconds so you have enough time to choose where to spawn etc etc.

9. Nobody Worthy

Nobody Worthy Ancient

I gotta say, that was pretty damn cool to watch. Brought back good times of when I played Fallout 3 too. I really like what you've done with the look of the map as well. I can't wait to try it out. I'll be back with some feedback once I do.

10. Prologic

Prologic Forerunner

Blasphemy!