Foundry Megalith

Discussion in 'Halo 3 Casual Maps' started by Xx5tAcHgunxX, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Xx5tAcHgunxX

Xx5tAcHgunxX Forerunner

Whats BIG, MENECING, and DANGEROUS TO FALL FROM? That right, it's a
    MEGALITH
    "Oh My God, it's HUGE! How will we ever defend ourselves?"
    Commander Baker

Lucky for you Commander, the Megalith lies dormant, shut down. Now it just collects dust as it has been explored by many, and many have found it to be worthless, (who knows why), except for Baker and his team. They eventually realized it was of no threat, but unlike many others after exploring, found it to be perfect for a new military outlook.

TEN YEARS LATER:

This audio log was recovered a year after Baker and his crew were found dead, and the opposing army had fled.
    "Were surrounded, there every were, and they want the Megalith back"

MEGALITH
    4-12 players (recomended)
    Gametype:Slayer (FFA)
    Likelyhood of dying: HIGH
    Weapons:
    Battle rifle: 4
    Sniper rifle: 1
    Covanant Carbine: 2
    Rockets: 1
    Sword: 1
    Shotgun: 1
    Assult rifle 4
    Flamethrower: 1
    Bubble shield: 2
    Regenerator: 2

Megalith is a slightly A-symetrical map. Almost every object is connected with another object on the map so mobility is great. The "Megalith" part of the map is placed almost up against the back part of Foundry and faces towards the two symetrical bases of the actual Foundry map. The backbone of the structure is basicly an archway put on its side and made to look like a large base. This base consists of a centerpiece which is the main part of the map. This centerpiece has two different levels to it. The top level contains a flamethrower on a weapon holder in the center of the level. The lower level is where the Active Camo spawns. Directly next to either of these levels are two short corridors that have a little ledge in them which is great for hidding. The two levels can be accessed from the bottom of the Megalith or the top. The top has two holes that lead to the two levels, which makes them great for sneak attacks. directly in front of the structure there are two fence boxes with double walls that allow access to the top of the map. Branching off those fence boxes there is another sortof scorpion-like object that allows for access across the map. Alongside the scorpion, there are two random creations that make the map A-symetrical.

[​IMG]
    Hiding spot
    [​IMG]
    Side view of corridors
    [​IMG]
    Front of the Megalith
    [​IMG]
    Random cool fencebox on the map
    [​IMG]
    Entry hole to the levels
    [​IMG]
    Top of the Megalith
    [​IMG]
    One of the sides that are used to get to the top of the map
    [​IMG]
    Random creation
    [​IMG]
    Shotgun spawn
    [​IMG]
    map overview
    [​IMG]
    Hallway in front of the Megalith
    [​IMG]
    Inside scorpion structure

Below is the link to the map
    Bungie.net : Halo 3 File Details

second post, so still open to constructive critisism

#1 Xx5tAcHgunxX, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2010
  2. Elliot

Elliot BIOC
    Forge Critic Senior Member

Nice map, it has some great mearging in it! Could you add a weapon list and maby a view of the main building with the roof taken off? that would be great. thanks

3. itsmebiff

itsmebiff Ancient

reallynice map here.
    Positives: REally nice merging, unique building structures, nice layout

Negatives: no weapon list :( to many power weapons i counted 4 from the pictures, top of megalith is not needed

but overall pretty good map looks like a lot of fun 3/5 willl try this out today and come back with gameplay
    keep it up

4. Xx5tAcHgunxX

Xx5tAcHgunxX Forerunner

5. WlodygaDeuce

WlodygaDeuce Ancient

I see a sniper rifle in the pictures but not the weapon list. Why?

6. jshaf23

jshaf23 Forerunner

this map looks great. the building layout is very unique, and it seems like a great map for FFA. Your perfect interlocking/merging makes the map look neat and organized as well. I'll dl and check it out.

PS. in your intro to the map, were should be we're, and there should be they're =D

7. Xx5tAcHgunxX

Xx5tAcHgunxX Forerunner

My bad ill edit that

8. T3RA PROWL3R

T3RA PROWL3R Ancient

Ok.First off, don't get the idea that I am flaming this map.-First impression shows a rookie map. But as I scrolled down through the pictures, structures were getting slightly better. I agree that the top is uncalled for, and you could add a little more cover in the center hallway. Also, the Bubble Shield next to the Regenerator? Really? THAT is a perfect example of something that causes me to give a bad score on a map. From the pictures, I give it a 2.5/5.I don't download any of these maps because I don't have xbox live. So I kindof HAVE to rate maps based on pictures. Can't play videos either.